Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Among the killers who do you think is underrated or overrated?

I will start this off by saying The Clown is underrated. As for overrated killers I got to be honest. What's the deal with The Wraith? I am still learning him but I am honestly curious to know.

To clarify I didn't create this to start fights. Please be mindful how you voice your opinions.

Comments

• Unnamed_FreakUnnamed_Freak Member Posts: 555

@TreemanXD there are people that think that Leatherface is mid tier.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 7,971

@Unnamed_Freak then I say legion is underrated and leatherface is overrated.

• EndorbEndorb Member Posts: 78

I have no strong opinions on this, although I will try and explain why people like Wraith:

• No terror radius when cloaked means you can get closer to survivors before starting a chase; sometimes even right up to them
    • faster speed when cloaked helps end chases faster when they are caught in a bad spot (the speed boost after uncloaking is there to negate the speed loss from the transition; plan accordingly)
    • faster speed when cloaked helps you traverse the map way faster
    • the addons allow for more variation in the wraith than any other killer's addons, meaning that, statistically, he's easiest to have fun with
  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,111

Underrated: Doctor. He can honestly be such a great killer. Even though she is usually seen as one of the better killers, I think that Hag is underrated.

Overrated: Probably Billy

• No_Mither_No_ProblemNo_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited May 12

Spirit is 100% overrated. All her power lets her do is not be a 110 M1 Killer every 10 to 15 seconds.

• BossBoss Member Posts: 5,412

Underrated: Wraith.

Overrated: Pig.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 991

Underated freddy

Overrated nurse

My point being freddy had probably one of the best tracking and locating abilities I game with minimal skill necessary to learn or implement effectively.

As for the nurse unless you have practiced day in and day out with her blinks they can be overwhelming even hindering I can't even count how many times I've outmaneuvered baby to even slightly adept nurses (not referring to god tier p3 nurses who plague red ranks) in the end it about your skill with a killer and as for easy to learn freddy is underrated and nurse is overrated

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 903

Underrated: Freddy, my dreamboat. I saved him for last because EVERYBODY said he was the worst but I found that was a great exaggeration. Oh he has some nasty flaws that shouldn’t be there because they’re borderline exploitive, but there’s ways and builds to have a fun time making survivors hurt.

Overrated: People say the Plague is midtier and they’re wrong since she’s solidly low tier, bottom of the barrel, forgotten. I think maybe Pig too but that maybe because I’m not fond of 90% stealth speed with reduced vision and a finite power that’s not even lethal anymore.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,369

Freddy is tremendously underrated, and greatly underestimated. 

It’s especially satisfying decimating a team of aggressive highly ranked survivors that show they are in no way intimidated by Freddy...

...until they go against MY Freddy.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 413

Hag is pretty underrated. Plague is frequently overrated as a high tier Killer but that's very dependent on if Survivors cleanse or not.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

Freddy is unbelievably underrated, he is amazing at securing 4Ks, since you have constant intel on where everyone is outside your radius as long as they are in radius, it's basically like Hex: Ruin within itself, they don't want to focus on gens or healing as much, just to get out of the dream realm, he has a long lunge and if you have the right build, he's even a good chase preventer. Clown is underrate too in the fact that he stops chases pretty instantly. Leatherface is as good as you are, he takes time to remember and learn.

I don't think necessarily any Killers are overrated, Nurse and Hillbilly are convenient, so I see nothing wrong with them.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 707
    edited May 21

Overrated: Clown. Highly add on dependent. Loops are generally still safe and his reload time is way too long.

Underrated: Trapper. Ridiculous snowball potential. Able to essentially down 2 or more survivors at once. What other killer can do that other than Leatherface?

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,570

Underrated is Freddy as he can slow the game down pretty fast when mixing his power with discordance and Ruin, Over Rated his hillbilly, he is not as strong as you all think, yes high movement speed and map pressure, but if you utilize loops you can distract him for most of the match

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 3,615

Imo:

Overrated: Hag

Underrated: Clown

• Alther_PrimusAlther_Primus Member Posts: 121

Freddy is easily the most underrated killer IMO. He's a walking Hex: Ruin with extra tracking and even some built-in Mindgames. Frankly, with the tech that's come out over the past year or so, I actually don't think Freddy needs a rework.

In regards to killers that are severely overrated? Clown. He slows himself by the same amount his gas slows Survivor and he loses any of the minimal amount of time he might save with it because he has to reload. He is the epitome of everything wrong with the "Chase Power = Strong" mentality, and that's not even touching how bugged his bottle collision is.

• CallMeRusty420CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

Underrated: Trapper for sure

Overrated: Huntress for hitboxes

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 326

Either Freddy or Doctor for underrated. I main Doctor and had an almost two-week streak of Freddy dailies, so I know just how powerful they can both be in the right hands.

For overrated, definitely Plague. I am still unable to see her being even mid-tier.

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,539

Mechanically underrated: Legion

Conceptually overrated: Legion

I love how he plays now but his design is boring and uninteresting (and Legion fans on here tend to get on my nerves, especially with the pins)

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,490
    edited May 21

@johnmwarner you forgot Hag, as usual.

Sigh Underrated, is obviously Hag. Clearly better than Billy and weaker than Spirit.

Overrated, obviously Billy, he's just an effortlessly loopable killer against smart survivors, at least Hag has a chance.

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,539

I wouldn't say Hag is underrated, but definitely underused. A lot of people just don't know how to get the most out of her. Unlike Billy and Nurse who are relatively straightforward, Hags ability gives her a lot of possible tactics. I don't see many hag mains but I see a lot of people acknowledge her as top tier.

@Alther_Primus

Exactly. 

It takes time and patience to learn to ignore chases in favour of putting/keeping more survivors asleep, but when successfully kept up during a match, Freddy effectively creates worse repair circumstances than Ruin, like TREMENDOUSLY worse than Ruin, ESPECIALLY with chain or rope add-ons, AND if survivors are dumb enough to ALWAYS wake themselves up via a failed gen SC.

I probably only experience maybe less than 10% of my matches where survivors successfully repair all 5 gens, and even then it took them a bloody long time.

@ClogWench

Yeah, i dont see many hags using traps beyond a limited scope of protecting their totems or placing gazillion of them around a freshly hooked survivor.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 129

Overrated-billy

pretty loopable but atleast his patrol of the map shorter than most killers, and if he catches them out they get chainsawed

Underrated-pig

her traps slow the game down and her crouch does counter some loops, not nearly as bad as people say, one of the better m1 killers imo, not to say there arent annoying things like the roar that pretty much ruins the surprise facter that her dash should do to get the free first hit vs good survivors