Home Discussions General Discussions

We HAVE TO fix this MAJOR DBD Problem!!

Comments

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

I think the Nurse speaks to a problem that's more meta related rather than her in particular. And that issue is that there isn't enough emphasis, incentive, or viability in exploiting her largest weakness: that weakness being stealth based gameplay. It's not rewarded very much, there are a lot of perks that counter it, and there aren't many perks that promote and support it.

Also, @xXNurseXx the Nurse is honest to God kinda easy and this is coming from a Nurse main. The hardest thing about her is the mindgames which other killers have a much harder time getting value out of.

But as for the main point of this thread, I saw on a YouTube video that once dedicated servers go live, they are gonna start cracking down hard on intentional DCS

• MondrenMondren Member Posts: 5

I like how you ignored most of my post.

• xXNurseXxxXNurseXx Member Posts: 250

Other people see it also the same way.

"The Nurse is meant to be broken. Her brokenness is a reward for the amount of time and effort it takes to get good at her. Don't like it? DON'T PLAY THE GAME."

But Nurse is not the problem, survivor who dc are!

• xXNurseXxxXNurseXx Member Posts: 250

If Killers DC they should get of course the same penalty but most of the time survivor dc

• TohmoTohmo Member Posts: 243

You shouldn't accept that you will die against good Nurses, jeez. Nurse may be godlike in the right hands, but she does have counterplay in the form of stealth or mind-games. Don't go out in the open, break LOS as often as possible, and try and be unpredictable. Don't try and keep chase, get the hell outta there ASAP.

I do think Nurse needs add-on changes, however. Her having more than 3 blinks in downright unfair, but thats about it. This is coming from a killer main with 1k hours, so I'm not siding with survs nor killers.

In fact, I think she needs a full on add-on rework like Wraith, Trapper, and Hag saw. More than 90% of her add-ons could be seen as a detriment. Instead of changing blink distance, charge time, etc. it should find something else to try out. I'm not sure what it would be, but it'd be a nice change of pace.

(also an pink addon would be pretty damn cool bhvr ily pls)

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,318

It's not just nurse I've got YouTube vids with DC as doctor wraith leatherface and Myers

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,100
    edited May 2019

the devs didn't nerf her back then (after the hag release i think. after the big nerf. they just kept repairing blink bugs) because compared to survivors(pallet vaccum. insta blinds. etc.). she was balanced around that time. if they looked at her again. they'll probably think of a nerf

what i think is happening at the moment is that they know she's broken. but they don't have any idea how to get her balanced without ruining her ability and they're currently also busy with freddy & ghostface (and maybe the survivor too)

• MondrenMondren Member Posts: 5

"The Nurse is meant to be broken. Her brokenness is a reward for the amount of time and effort it takes to get good at her. Don't like it? DON'T PLAY THE GAME."

My bad. I missed that statement by the devs. Can you show me where to find it?

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Tread lightly. Remember what happened the last time survivors rage quit too much against a certain killer...

• LPS11LPS11 Member Posts: 68

Just because you know how to use the nurse doesn't mean you're gonna 4k every round I don't care how good you are , the right survivors with the right game plan could run all over you in a match and it's 100% possible, everyone has a weakness in their gameplay somewhere and nobody is perfect EVERY game .

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,014

That's the point. Survivors just DC because they're not willing to put any effort into learning weaknesses in gameplay.

• FigasFigas Member Posts: 59

Just ignore him, she cant stay like this for too long. One day we shall get a rework and this kind of player will have to learn how to play an actual killer for a change.

• krayziekkrayziek Member Posts: 21

Actually the thing that needs to be fixed is if the survivor DC’s it is virtually impossible for the killer to double pip or even single pip for that matter and if 2 DC then the killer should just DC to. The survivor doesn’t lose a pip for DCing so why should the killer. If anybody DC’s then everybody should at least safety pip.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,309

She has been nerfed. There is a reason why devs don't responds to calls to nerf her again. Nurse originally had near normal killer movement speed and 3 blinks at base and couldn't be hit with palettes during her blink or burned out of her blink with flashlights. She also had tracking assist for her attacks out of blink which meant if she lined her weapon up with your head she'd never miss even if you juked so hard you character snapped THEIR ankles.

They've pulled so much power out of the Nurse and she's still this good. That means taking anymore could probably just dumpster her.

• LPS11LPS11 Member Posts: 68

Yes I can agree with that, I was arguing the whole " if you get good with the nurse you deserve to 4k every round" I don't necessarily agree with that statement, I feel like decision making is just as important as having skill in this game and the slightest wrong choice could change the whole outcome

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

Ok, OP I agree with you about the DCS but this is a step to far. You don't deserve a 4k every round for spending time to learn a killer. That's like saying sorry killers but we spend 1k hours playing survivor we deserve a 4 man escape every round. Nurse is not that hard to master I learned her in 2 days tops you don't deserve a 4k every round you earn them Nurse basically does that anyways because survivors won't try to use her counters against her but that's another topic.

I played nurse once to get the adept and guess what, first try, at red ranks too. I dont get this "shes hard to master" argument.

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    edited May 2019

She won't be reworked until all killers are at billy level, cause shes the only killer that's viable against tryhard swf, with the best perks and add ons, and that shes a necessary evil in the game.

Ands whats your definition of an actual killer? Low tier killers like legion or freddy, or mid tier killers like huntress or micheal? I doubt you consider high tier killers as actual killers since Nurse is a high tier killer, some survivors are calling billy op and a "crutch" killer like you are trying to suggest to nurse. So whats your definition of an actual killer?

Nurse is an actual killer that requires alot of time to learn her blinks and her mechanic.

I consider an actual killer to be any killer besides nurse. Billy isnt op at all, he has counter play and you can still try to juke him even in the open.

I dont like the argument of "we need her because of swf" since when I play survivor I really enjoy playing solo survivor but I still get matched with nurse after nurse.

People that claim that you just need to counter her with stealth probably dont know how the game works. Theres generators on the map that need to be repaired, you cant repair generators from a corner of the map, also stealth isnt gonna help you when all your teammates are getting slugged with 5 generators remaining.

Maybe its just me but when I play killer I dont want to have a 95% chance to get at least a 3k, it just doesnt appeal to me. Id rather play anything else and make it actually mean something when I get that 4k against the squadettes.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,704

if survivor players are good enough no killer but nurse will ever win so i'd say its fair yeah

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,704

i wish i was living in your delusional fantasy world

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 872

When people talk about Nurse can be countered by stealth, they don't mean 100% killer avoidance. It's more about using LoS breaker midchase. And moving more unpredictable while predicting the blinks of the nurse player. Really, sometimes you can judge how nurse is blinking right now and move out of the attack range of the destination, which wastes her time. The thing what survivors don't get, that Nurse is a game changer. Her mechanics work different and also the rules of chases. You can learn how to avoid falling against a nurse too quick, if you are willing to.

Sadly most survivors aren't. That leads to scenarios in which people fall within seconds or are all slugged one after another. But that shouldn't happen....

Another thing to note is that if you pay attention to the video, you can also see that MoM+Instaheal is a bad combination against Nurse. You might be able to eat more hits, but the Heal activates MoM aura reading. And that's something you don't want to happen against her.....

edited May 2019

@Freudentrauma What you described I would not consider as stealth, that is mind games and smart movement. Obviously I do my best to do this and lose the nurse and, if the map is favorable and the nurse cant track for crap, I usually get away. Keep in mind that I tend to run Iron Will and Lightweight because this is my prefered playstyle in general, I avoid using pallets and I try to lose the killer instead. The problem is that if the nurse is any good theres no amount of mind games that are going to save you, the fatigue doesnt last that long and she can blink right afterwards. She will be right back on you in no time and you are going to die.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,966

That Jake who DC due to my MYC proc in spirit when I found and hit him... oh wait that happened xD

My all time favorite DC will always be the Dwight who was on the hook and I looked in his direction and he just DC'ed