Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

Obsession Bug ?

SmashenSmashen Member Posts: 75

Hey, I played against a Spirit and I was the Obsession.

My Perks were: Balanced Landing, Self-care, Borrowed Time, Iron Will

Killers Perks: Hex: Haunted Ground, Hex: Devour Hope, BBQ & Chilli, Monitor & Abuse

There was a Survivor with Decisive Strike! So why is he not the Obsession?!

How can I help? Logs, video footage of the whole game?

Thank you


  • Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 8,355

    If one person is using DS and no other Obsession Perks are involved, one random Survivor will become the Obsession.

    I dont know why this is the case, but I can imagine that changing the Obsession midgame is possible, while creating an Obsession midgame is not possible.

  • FigasFigas Member Posts: 59

    @Aven_Fallen It works this way so that the killer cant predict who has decisive strike until it is used.

  • SmashenSmashen Member Posts: 75

    Decisive Strike: "Increases your chances of being the Obsession."

    I still think it is a bug. 🤔 Not sure anymore.

    Honestly I don't want to be the Obsession! I feel filthy for beeing one even though I don't use any of those nasty Perks. :D

  • LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,370

    @Smashen I can understand this. But most time I'm angry about it, when the killer has Rancor or Dying Light and I have not the right perks to go against this properly or the person with the DS does not use it, so I'm stuck with the effects.

  • FrekiFreki Member Posts: 1,890

    doesn't matter what your perks are, it seems the rework of DS reduces the the increased chance of being the obcession so it is possible to be the obcession with another having DS. think of it this way. you have a 25% chance to be the obcession without any obcession perks in play on the survivors. now say someone brings object of obcession they get a +25% chance for having that perk so 50% chance for them and the other 50 divided between you and the other survivors. now say DS is only a 15% chance increase thus they are 40% chance and the other survivors are now 20%. you still have the 20% chance and that's a big chance to be the obcession.

Sign In or Register to comment.