We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues on PC specifically.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

If this is an issue that occurs on all platforms, please post your report in the most fitting category instead.

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

UI elements shifted

DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
edited May 23 in PC

I think this is happening since the Mid-Chapter Patch, but wasn't sure until I went to have a look at the Spirit's new outfit in the store.

Something you did changed the position of UI elements in the main menu. It seems like you've fixed them in the places now that they would be in on a 1080p screen.

I play on a 2160p screen, the UI elements never scaled and they remained in their relative positions and moved with the higher resolution. Now, they are stuck in the middle.

See the pictures below for reference (and to avoid questions like "are you sure the first picture isn't just 1080p": both pictures are 2160p)

BEFORE MID-CHAPTER

AFTER MID-CHAPTER

Comments

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 181

I have my ui the same as it was, 1920 by 1080 and it works just fine no issues after the mid chapter patch. I would recomend making sure you don't have it set higher than that or perhaps do a validation of assets that might find a bugged file.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Quite honestly. Do people actually read posts before they answer them? @Fab missed the point entirely and you, @Freki, obviously didn't read that I specifically mentioned playing on a 2160p display. I even posted screenshots of how the game's UI changed for me.

For Entity's sake, please bother to properly read stuff first.

I read both and I agreed with the other user's points @DocOctober in that there is either an issue with the resolution that may need to be changed or the files might need to be reverified. if you were to say hmmm let me take it out of 2160p (2K) and put it to 1080p closed program down, then restart program, then revert it back to 2160p maybe it'll be fixed? Perhaps if that doesn't fix it a file verification could be run to see if there is something to be fixed.

Perhaps you just didn't see the part I mentioned about the file verification. I also JUST thought of just trying to change resolutions and back again to see if that solves it after you confirmed what I missed, that you were at 2160p.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

2160p is 4K, not 2K.

I regularly switch between both resolutions and my files are fine. I try these things myself before I post a bug report.

your original post does not have this information in there as things you have done to try and fix the issue (to show that the devs don't have to do it) thus why you get people suggesting things you feel are already tried. working in IT you learn to keep asking the stupid, obvious questions because some don't even try. I can tell you some great stories. I admit *I* missed a point and because I missed it I was suggesting something different. so here are questions to help out.

1) if you switch to 1080P NOW after the patch do you have the issue in the second screen shot?

2) did you report it via the ingame tickey feature in the settings?

3) Have you tried resetting ALL settings to default? perhaps a drastic measure of removing all game files from the pc and re-downloading it?