The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Killers Deranking is Bad for the Game

MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

This is something I never see brought up. People like to rag on Survivors for playing SWF, saying they just bully killers.

Well what about killers deranking? It's the same thing, only more insidious. You see, instead of ranking up to play against people their own size, deranking killers purposefully go down the ranks just so they can bully survivors who are not as skilled as they are.

Nobody points out how destructive this behavior is, and how it discourages new players from sticking with the game. It is pretty much the equivalent of smurfing, and everyone hates smurfing, but somehow deranking killers is not a problem and is even acceptable behavior.

Killers who derank should be reported and banned just as much as survivors who DC. They are both bad for the game.

Comments

• CallMeSpideyCallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    edited May 28

Here's a note to stop deranking if anyone is reading.

If you want to stay at Rank 15, or Rank 12 here's how.

Get 8k for Deviousness.

8k for Hunting.

8k for Brutality.

Hook everyone 1 time for your BBQ stacks.

You Black Pip.

Everyone lives, everyone gets points. Everyone is happy, it's a GG for all and you leave the survivors confused but glad everyone lived.

From time to time, I like being a non-killing Nurse machine.

Post edited by CallMeSpidey on
  • MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

I have never seen it brought up.

I haven't been on these forums that long but I did hangout on Steam Forums since I started playing. I have never seen it brought up, so it seemed like nobody cared about it, and I even see people happy to see killers deranking.

• YamiTheFurryYamiTheFurry Member Posts: 217

Maybe if the game was actually balanced there would be no need for deranking

• CaptainCastleCaptainCastle Member Posts: 428

Isn't this kind of a "water is wet" scenario?

Do we really need to talk about why deranking to bully is bad? Is this controversial in any way?

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,814

Anyone deranking is bad.

That said, it is MUCH more of a survivor side issue. I see a killer deranking MAYBE once every 50 games if that even.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

This is brought up a lot actually, especially in discussions involving fog whisperers and streamers.

It's also a problem on both sides, both survivors and killers will derank in order to outplay and outright sometimes bully newer players.

• T0xicTylerT0xicTyler Member Posts: 449

This is brought up a lot. I don't think anyone genuinely believe either side de-ranking is good for the health of the game because it is simply not. The entire purpose of ranking is to match you with players at similar skill levels.