Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

If we are going to punish DC we should punish dodging

Comments

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,658

It's pretty simple to fix.

The lobby is 60 seconds long.

The timer starts once everyoje is in and the ping has stabilised.

You have 20 seconds to leave in that time due to ping, no names, chars or anything else is shown.

Once it hits 40 seconds survivors and killer are locked in and leaving means you get a longer wait to requeue, survivors are then shown with clothed and items.

No names or profiles are shown as that breeds toxicity, they are also removed from the end game lobby so people don't write on profile, yes there is another way but not everyone will use that, the point is not to make it so easy.

At 25s or when the survivors ready up they can no longer change loadouts and the killer has that time to setup to combat it.

Make the end game chat an option at the end to be shown, no auto chat no instant toxicity.

Ping is sorted and you have time to leave, survivors can use what they like and killers have time to setup without last second switching.

If someone is toxic by intentionally griefing in game they can be reported and dealt with that way, in the end dodging doesn't help stamp that out only by playing and recording can the devs do something about those players.

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 1,434

I'll just copy paste what @twistedmonkey say

It's pretty simple to fix.

The lobby is 60 seconds long.

The timer starts once everyoje is in and the ping has stabilised.

You have 20 seconds to leave in that time due to ping, no names, chars or anything else is shown.

Once it hits 40 seconds survivors and killer are locked in and leaving means you get a longer wait to requeue, survivors are then shown with clothed and items.

No names or profiles are shown as that breeds toxicity, they are also removed from the end game lobby so people don't write on profile, yes there is another way but not everyone will use that, the point is not to make it so easy.

At 25s or when the survivors ready up they can no longer change loadouts and the killer has that time to setup to combat it.

Make the end game chat an option at the end to be shown, no auto chat no instant toxicity.

Ping is sorted and you have time to leave, survivors can use what they like and killers have time to setup without last second switching.

If someone is toxic by intentionally griefing in game they can be reported and dealt with that way, in the end dodging doesn't help stamp that out only by playing and recording can the devs do something about those players.

• Zanely89Zanely89 Member Posts: 133

I just couldn't understand this lobby dodging problem. I have played DBD for 10 months in the asian region and I don't really have lobby dodging issue so serious as claimed in this thread. I do get dodge sometime but it is usually when my ping is high or I was with a 4-man team. If I go solo, I never get dodge even with a team full of loadout.

I mainly play survivor but I really do not like the way some people try to shame killer into playing what they think killer should play.

• ElegantElegant Member Posts: 443

The only time I would want a punishment for lobby dodging is if someone does it a bunch of times in a row. Then you could give them a few minute cooldown. But it doesn't affect gameplay at all. The only time I dodge lobbies is if the killer has horrible ping or if the survivors have 4 toolboxes. It's not a huge issue.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

+1. The whole idea sounds good.

Also, there's no need to know anyone's name in this game.

Never understood the point of having a chat, either.

• dannyfrog87dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 413

lol. punish people for dodging and watch people just alt f4. and not play at all. you will kill the community single handedly forcing people to go up against situations or people they dont want. especially if pings bad etc people they already faced.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited May 2019

You must always play 4 man SWF and never play killer if you haven't experienced 3 man bugged lobbies.

They're really common.

And maybe that explains your whole problem with dodging. A lot of people have zero fun playing vs 4 man swf.

As survivor yes, and I dont know but the last time I got that was in the October 2018

• PereliePerelie Member Posts: 404

The devs DON'T punish DC'ing though, that's the problem. They just completely refuse to touch it.

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 587
    edited May 2019

No, dodging definitely need this game unless we get kick button

What are you gonna do if someone get red high ping and NOT leaving the lobby?

Imagine you playing as killer and all survivors get this with no dodging or kick button and they don't leave for no reason

You're forcing us to play with lag

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,097

Another honest, upstanding, unbiased forum poster spreading his truth amongst the masses.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453

It's sometimes hard to keep up with all of your contradictions, I'll admit.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

There's an exception to that -- purple and red keys greatly change the flow of the match.

Giving both the ability to dodge is the incorrect solution.

The far better solution is to remove everyone's ability to dodge. Killer's can't see survivors or their names, survivor's can't see killer. All you see is the 5-line symbol and ping for each player. As easy as that.

The legit reasons for dodging don't need any other info. While all the illegitimate reasons for dodging come about through showing the player's names and their outfits/items.

• PurrPurr Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2019

i only dodge when my lobby is high ping survivors as i mostly play killer

that said if they want to bring 4x toolboxs/medkits.. franklins would like a word...

if there is 1 or more immersivdettes... enjoy my daddy myers with scratched mirror on leyrs

if its 2 or more people who are toxic that i remember from past games.. basement insidious LF wants a hug in his fun room

im simple and fair and only bad ping will make my leave as it is not fun for survivor or killer otherwise i got perks and i will use them to counter that which i see and guess what else to bring for that which i dont every match is a learning experience

edit: late thought on top of this.. u do realize we are killers we are evil we dont play by the normal rules heck the entity gave us supernatural powers or abilities for some of us to help kill u even more visciously.. what makes u think we gonna play fair and not dodge or such?

• vampire_toothyvampire_toothy Member Posts: 378

I disagree with the idea of hiding names for a few simple reasons ;

1. You can see who is in your game by checking the "view players" tab on steam and you will see their usernames ingame anyways.
    2. In my games it's not uncommon for me to see the same faces, some of which were really good players, really nice players or really toxic players. For each of these scenarios knowing the names are important for me as it helps allow me to set up a build based on what I know about their playstyle. For instance if I know the players in my match are nice, I'm not going to want to use anything stupid just like if I know the players are good, I might want to bring in decent addons or if I know the survivors in my game are going to run something stupid then I will too because of past experiences.

Infact for the same two reasons I listed above, I wouldn't entirely hate having survivors see the name of the killer in the lobby. For everything else in your post though I believe my original response on the first page covers that pretty well as any other change to hide items for instance would render already bad perks (Franklin's, Overwhelming Presence & Lightborn) totally useless.

• NeaJovovichNeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

oH nO! a p3 cLaUdEtTe... *DISCONNECTS*

oH nOooOO! 2 sUrViVorZ WiTh tOoLbOxEs *DISCONNECTS*

oH nOoOooOO! i tHiNk tHiS iS a SwF *DISCONNECTS*

Killers disconnect for any reason in a lobby. Since the Ash update, I've spent more lobby time as a solo queue survivor than I have a Killer.

What a sad state of affairs.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,302

when i saw this post my reaction is this:

It's always the same group of people that want to throw intentional game design out the window to better advantage themselves.

It's been really evident here, lately.

:(

• SolidusPrimeSolidusPrime Member Posts: 27

Opinions on whether it should stay or not aside, I really don't get why lobby dodging triggers certain survivors so badly. You click one button and find another lobby in seconds, without losing anything. Is it really that bad?

Feels like this is more about SWF groups not getting to bully people and being upset about it.

• liviu1911liviu1911 Member Posts: 144

lol... that's ... not a reason to punish lobby dodge... wtf waiting in lobby is not gameplay... :))

Survivors have bad perks that are also totally useless like Calm Spirit. If you're not facing Clown or Doctor they are just a dead slot.