Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

I'm Done.

Comments

• ShivadeathkissShivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94

I'm assuming repeat dcers are probably not having fun with the game either. Dbd has turned into a very toxic community and experience. It won't be too long before there is nothing left but trolls to troll the trolls.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Actually even with the Dedicated servers they won't be able to fix the problem quickly. Wish I could find the Dev quote (this was quite awhile ago) were they said DS (oh god I just realized the abbreviation is horrifying ^.^) will help make more accurate responses but that it still won't eliminate the problem. I don't know why they haven't implemented a time system already as there are plenty of Peer to Peer fighting games that have disconnect punishments involving a timer.

A solution already exist even without the DS but I don't know anything with the inner workings at BHVR to explain why they are taking the rout we are currently on.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I can agree that the systems foundation would make things difficult for those wrongly hit with punishment. I hope things become stable with the implementation of the DSs and I know they have already spoken heaps on future developments on this subject.

• PNgamerPNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

hard punish is the best you can do. They need to take a lession. Believe me Dc´s would be stop, cause ppl are not interest to get banned.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,314

In a way yes and no.

DCing is just an instant "Oh, so i'll just leave my team to rot and not care" and they automatically just know they'll get away with it and move onto the next match.

Literally had matches during that night where people know they can get away with it, and continue to do so because they know how to play the system.

As for suicide on the hooks its basically the same except it can encourage people to actually stay and survive some more. It gives the Killer points for hooking and if the Survivor feels like it they can have a change of heart during it.

While as for DCing, its just an instant "Bye, have fun in your 3 v 1/2 v 1/1 v 1" and not care in the slightest.

TL;DR

Its basically the same thing, just leaving your team for dead because you're egotistical to handle being downed first, found first, outplayed, out-cheesed, etc.

I never DC, and its only when the game forces you to (By that I mean game freezes, etc) and I take the beating till the end which ever side i'm on. Why can't they huh?

@CallMeSpidey People claim that having prayer beads made them DC, while for that instance is true. I've played many matches during that night and I've even had 9 in a row where someone DC'ed at least once (Mostly it was twice or more) and the add-ons were decent with that same build.

What i'm trying to say is, the build is decent for what I used. But we will have people saying that because of the add-ons in that picture that I "deserved the DCs"

Literally have a picture as the 7th comment or so on this post with an image of a match I had from that DC streak that was happening to me. And prayer beads wasn't there, but people still DC'ed.

Crazy that add-ons are not the only reason people are DCing right? Like man... That's "unbelievable"

To do that i'd have to DC or just stand in a match till its over.

DCing to lower my rank would defeat the entire purpose of the post, and the other option would take too long.

This isn't even an option in my mind, as I don't agree with deranking in the first place. I know people are gonna say "omg look hes bragging that he thinks hes good" but I don't want to be in a rank that isn't on my skill set if you know what I mean?

Red Rank has its potatoes, but green rank is literally boring.

Look at the next image I posted of the same issue, no Prayer beads there. And I stopped using the add-on after the first image I posted happened (Which people were DCing before that image also)

And guess what? People still DC'ed. The Add-ons are not the main reason they're DCing, its because they think they can get away with it and I've had conversations with some of them that night saying that exact thing. "You think BHVR is going to ban me for this? Its not hard to get around this."

And its sad that its true, and literally unfair.

• SasukeKunSasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited May 2019

This was multiple cases with The Legion as well, also think it was a useless contribute to their nerf.

When it comes to everyone else, dcing because of an add on like what?

all these reasons to dc lol

Yes, the Legion has had a huge DC streak. But that's not the point of this post, people are DCing regardless of what killer, add-ons, perks, or players is shown before them.

They do it because they know they'll get away with it if they do it in "moderation" these people are not stupid...

@Sairek But you shouldn't HAVE to expect it dude, isn't that messed up?

Why should we expect that "Oh, I bet because of the 10 matches where at least one person DC'ed that this one will have the same result too!" like no? That shouldn't be any of our mindsets, but it sadly is...

• SythalinSythalin Member Posts: 280

Given that 95% of my DCs are involuntary, this is concerning.

OP, involuntary DCs have been affecting a LOT of people for several patches now, but don't worry, they're "looking into it" for 2 months now (aka just brushing it under the rug until dedicated).

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Your Spirit is looking cute though.

edited May 2019

@Peanits I pray that dedicated servers finds the solution, or I fear the worst for what happens without it...

Its messed up that I have to expect this when I go back into the fray tonight, but I guess we're boned till then huh? It just gets... Overwhelming I guess...

Despite this though, I still don't agree that we should be left to deal with it till then. But you can't rush progress sadly...

@Sairek Either that, or the implementation of this would cause further issues through something else. I'm not ragging on BHVR, but there's a history of things not working correctly in this game when added.

For now, we're stuck with cocky DCers that abuse the system to their hearts content.

edited May 2019

@Sythalin Regardless of what they say, I don't expect it to be fixed in the snap of their fingers.

We're basically boned until something happens, and if its not done soon you'll expect a lot of people to drop off until it does.

• ba_tetsuoba_tetsuo Member Posts: 329

DCing just because you don't want to play the match is unacceptable period. Whether its a killer, addons, map, you didn't get the perfect start, whatever. Unless something IRL comes up, don't queue for a game if you're gonna leave it

edited May 2019

@ba_tetsuo Its funny because, I knew someone would make this argument. So I one upped them and stopped using those add-ons that I was trying to clean from my inventory before I P2'ed my spirit.

Surprise, surprise... Still had DC's and it continued until 9 times in a row when a team finally stayed the entire match. Crazy, right? People actually stayed to play the game, what an amazing idea...

Not sorry, but I definitely read this as a "anti-abortion" argument:

Abortion just because you don't want to have the kid is unacceptable period. Whether its #########, incest, broke condom, failed vasectomy, whatever. Unless it's life threatening, don't get pregnant if you're gonna abort it

• Hito420Hito420 Member Posts: 67

yes, those things are annoying, but when you disconnect, you are screwing over your team, which makes THEM want to disconnect, what about when you play a map offering and because the killer doesnt like the map on their killer, they dc immediately and you lose your map, thats annoying right? same logic items, perks, offerings, they are all in the game, whether we like them or not, doesnt give us the right to disconnect from the game because we dont wanna go against them, do i wanna go against an IH huntress? insidious leatherface? 4 blink nurse? no, but does that mean i have the right to disconnect and deny them a game, no, and it works both ways, if i dont like a map for my killer, ill play it out, take the depip if i dont do well, an get the points, its like there are nothing but entitled pre-teen crybabies playing this game now that only wanna play the game if they are winning (defined obviously by getting a 4k or going out the exit gate waiting as long as possible)

edited May 2019

The argument is countered by one simple fact: Players are playing for THEIR enjoyment, not to make sure everyone else is being entertained. It also says it right in the game's description that you can team up or go solo, thus there is no obligation or requirement to care about your "teammates".

I don't support DCing, but if you're going to bring in "rights", then make sure you're considering all the facts before getting on that soapbox and trying to tell people what they have to do when they clearly don't.

• Hito420Hito420 Member Posts: 67

... you say you dont justify dcing, but in the sentence above you did, saying "i understand why" is the same thing as saying "it's ok" "it's understandable" there is no reason to DC in this game, you hurt yourself with loss of progress, BP you gained, hurt your team, and gives the killer bonus points (both if you are a survivor), and if you are a killer the game just ends and it likely depips the survivors (which it shouldnt)

on a side note, some of the DCs as of late arent the people DCing but the game booting them, happened to me an my friends multiple times, unless the killer was lagswitching to boot us of course but since ive heard multiple reports from multiple friends of getting booted id believe the former would be the more likely

@Hito420 Well said, I too play through the match as Killer/Survivor regardless if I do amazing, or I did horrible.

You play till the end, you don't just quit because everything was against you. If you do that then whats the point in playing? Are you playing for GG EZ wins or something? (That's a question to DC'ers not you for clarification.)

The same logic can apply to me the Killer, so if i'm not having fun why should I stay right?

DCing isn't the answer, I don't care if you're having fun or not you don't just quit because of the smallest thing going wrong. Doing that just proves one thing, that you're a baby who can't handle the smallest obstacles thrown at you.

Not everything is handed to you, it must be earned.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

@FeelsVeryBadMan

DCing for any reason (besides special reasons such as bugs and real life situations) is NOT okay. Just because a killer used an add-on that you didn't like doesn't make your actions valid. Stop blaming the killer for their actions, it's time that people take responsibility and improve their behavior.

Not everything is handed to you, it must be earned.

We live in an age of participation trophies, and I'm willing to bet that the majority of the whiners have one on their shelf somewhere. Taking that into consideration, it's self explanatory at that point.

@Sythalin its sad that I was thinking that exact thing while I was typing my response to what you said.

@NMCKE I feel like some people, especially in this community, could never understand that last part of your post.

Most people who DC, consider it not taking an L. And as a result, they also will blame everything and their mother for what happened. It could be the most fair and balanced match, and they'll still blame something because they lost.

This mindset, is so narrow minded, so near sighted. That... its incredible how anyone puts up with it, let alone listens to it. Having no empathy, no compassion for anyone around you is so selfish and sadistic that its just plain pathetic in a way.