Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

why are there no hoodie cosmetics?

i found this in the steam artwork section for dbd and it looked so cool and i was wondering why cant there be hoodie cosmetics for some of the survivors. they did legion but i guess it would look a bit weird if you just used the head and not the body part but they could make so when just using the head it becomes a hat or another idea is so there is two variants of the same shirt one with the hoodie and one without it and if you use the hoodie you cant change your hair what do you guys think?

Comments

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,352

I am also curious, you can tell from my username about that one

• danielbird11danielbird11 Member Posts: 147

Feng is my main so seeing a hoodie cosmetic would be awesome

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,376

Actually, i think @Peanits explained this on an other thread. (Or some other mod/dev did.)

The head and the upper body of Survivors are separate parts.

It'll probably look pretty ugly to design the hoodie and the sweater to be separate.

And they'll also probably not match well with other cosmetics.

And designing the hoodie to not be on the head would defeat the purpose of having it.

Something along those lines, for a better explanation, maybe wait for a dev/mod.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,650

I would love to see Meg and Min get some hoodie cosmetics.

Min because of the bunny / Kawaii concepts still being on my wishlist

Meg because if by some miracle they managed to sort out the body / head issues. I feel like walking around with Meg with a hoodie plus the deathgarden mask would trick everyone into thinking you're the legion

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,856

Because the cosmetics are seperated by head and body slot. A hoodie would occupy both.

The way i see it dbd only uses a "simple" cosmetics system.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,927

This is what I want.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,733

I actually know how they COULD make hood cosmetics work, but I'll probably never be able to get someone from the Dev team to see how I think they can fix that kind of thing.

edited May 2019

@Peanits There is probably a way around that.

My way would be if a certain head is equipped, any cosmetic that has compatibility with it would automatically raise the hood up. That way, you won't have to do a whole body overhaul, just simply have:

>If (place head name here) Head = True raise hood

I don't know how complicated that would be, but if you guys can change the voice of the Legion based on the body skins, then you guys can certainly do something with that.

I also probably made it sound complicated as well, sorry.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 923

Clipping is a weak excuse when you have released cosmetics with very obvious clipping issues in the past, such as the Wraith Shadow Walker outfit where the blade clipped into the hand during the blood wipe

Or the new Clown outfit, which, at the time of writing, has been out for less than 24 hours

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,376

Honestly, option B wouldn't be bad at all if you ask me.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,896

@Madjura Those are very minor clipping issues that can be fixed pretty easily. What we are talking about is making 2 random pieces of cosmetics always combining seamlessly requiring extra work every time they decide to add another cosmetic as that cosmetic will always need to combine with the original cosmetic piece.

@PolarBear Or they can go with my option. Make a head which toggles the hood if applicable. Dunno how they would do this, but it can't be that hard.