The mobile forums are making my eyes bleed

pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I honestly don’t know what was wrong with the old forums a few iterations back. Everything was formatted fine and relatively easy to read, and it’s like the mobile forums have gotten progressively worse until now where it feels like looking at slap dash spaghetti code.

Please fix it! At the very least, make it so the forums are within phone margins!!!

until then, can someone please direct me to how to view the forums in desktop mode? Thank you.

Comments

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 955

It looks like it was just updated... at least on my phone. The margins are fine again.

Just don't scroll all the way down to the end of the page.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,174

Yeah, I just straight up stopped using the mobile version and just switch to the desktop site on mobile, it helps

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Mobile site still looks like random strips of red, white and black to me. Can we please have a Light theme instead of this forced edgy black and red junk, so my eyes don't curse me each time I go to this site on phone.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,192

@Mochan I think that will hurt your eyes as well

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited May 2019

High contrast is what makes eyes hurt. The desktop site is a little bad because the text box for posting replies is white, which contrasts against the black background, but it's manageable. The mobile site is a lot worse.

A light theme has everything in a lighter tone, so there is not much contrast and it doesn't hurt the eyes that bad. In case you haven't noticed, 99% of the internet is like this.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 555

Yeah. I have really decent eye sight and I can barely read these topic titles.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,845

Agreed. It's quite difficult to read. Dark red on top of black was not a good decision.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,946

Atleast on your phone it's working...

• KingBKingB Member Posts: 747

At least typing isnt so buggy anymore! Functionality>>>>>>>>Looks

• Chad_KensingtonChad_Kensington Member Posts: 44

I’m not a fan of this current forum format. It seems cumbersome.

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I can’t read the forums anymore! The huge swatches of red, black, and white with huge empty spaces breaking the margins and super thin font gives me a massive headache and reminds me of ye olden days when one would try to make an edgy looking MySpace page.

Revert or fix it!

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 4,359

Yeah the forum is absolutely broken on mobile right now.

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

I haven't seen the mobile version but I know exactly what you're talking about with that edgy Myspace page thing, truly horror has befallen you unfortunate mobile forum users, thank you for conveying how bad it is 😂

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510
  • Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,530

It really does but the amount of times quotes bug out is annoying >:/

• MantaManta Member Posts: 117

Finally, the mobile forums seem to be back to the best version (the ones we had couple of iterations ago).

Please keep this version!!!