The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Ghostface: Let's Talk.

BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 373

So based on what we know so far, this is how he functions (these are subject to change, but I doubt he'll vary too much on release):

• He can crouch and move at full speed (4.6m/sec) with a terror radius of 0.
  • Survivors must be stalked for 4 seconds individually and are exposed for 20 seconds after the fact.
  • Survivors that are in his 32m terror radius who see him for at least 1 second disable his power (so long as they keep him sighted, I assume).
  • All of his perks are dreadful and basically a BP sink with no real return (for me, this highlights how out of touch the developers are with how this game is actually played and what is valuable/useless in this current meta).
  • Unless his add-ons are ludicrously powerful, he is completely unplayable against SWF. As in literally unplayable. You'll spend the entire game without a power against any team with a sliver of coordination.

Opinions? Thoughts? This is looking pretty grim, and while I'm happy to have Ghostface in DBD, I'm -not- thrilled that survivors have complete control over yet another killer power. Remember Plague? Yeah, me neither.

Comments

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 754

His powerlevel is probably based on survivors who dont look around and dont loop. Lets see how he plays out, but i doubt the current version will see play after the initial hype, when Myers does everything better.

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 31

To be fair I was also thinking I’m going to run SB on the initial ghost launch bc all the ghosts we’ll get. It’s like legion in frenzy you can literally outrun them. It’s 100% going to destroy his exposed (it seems like it needs to be longer)...which is concerning given also being seen for 1s takes you out of stealth... what happens if survivors start having lookout roles at gens and as soon as one person gets downed/exposed etc people are going to be vigilant like with Myers only ghost has a lot of counters already and not many strengths to compensate. It’s not looking good. But the thing is we won’t know for certain until PTB where people can use SB, practice his power etc.

About the perks I’m all ears (the TR thing is a bit dumb though, it’d be much more practical in general during a chase etc) and tremors look interesting, but I’d like to see the tier values etc.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 711
    edited May 31

Don't like his perks, though I do have some in mind for him, but I do like his power. The only thIng that worries me is the fact that he gets knocked out of his power if a survivor spots him. Seems like an odd choice. I hope they remove that aspect before he releases .

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 1,859

I would love Thrilling Tremors or whatever it was IF it blocked off currently worked on gens.

What's the point of it? Even if you want to dodge BBQ you just have to stay on the gen until the person gets picked up, and then you have all the time it takes to get to the hook to get into a locker.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 373
    edited June 1

Now, unless he changes fairly drastically from PTB to live (which.. I don't think has ever really happened for any killer in a positive sense), it looks like he'll have the same problem pig does - sprint burst.

Thus far he appears to possess no stall and no map pressure (two key elements of a good killer). In theory he can end chases before they begin, but with the prerequisite that the survivors are completely blind or on one of the few favorable stealth maps (Lerys, for example).

I'm not sure how he'll function against even semi-coordinated SWF groups with his power being disabled at the low, low cost of.. panning your camera in his direction in his TR. Does anyone else have any possible theories as to how he could play out? For me, I figure the exposed effect needs to be increased for sure. What I would change already:

• Increase exposed duration to 60 seconds.
    • Remove all 'sound' tells that Ghostface is nearby. Stealth is hardly useful if your enemy is getting sound prompts that 'something is up'. Use your eyes.
    • Survivors can no longer disable his power. This has to go or he'll end up like Plague - weak, forgotten, and thrown in the dumpster after the initial hype week.
    • For a limited time when coming out of stealth after exposing a target, he receives increased lunge distance for X amount of seconds.
    • I'm All Ears: Perk adjusted to show auras of survivors vaulting within killer's terror radius - cooldown 10 seconds.
    • Thrilling Tremors: Generators currently being worked on by survivors are blocked instead of those not being worked on. That way, you stall the game, AND know for sure which generators are being worked on.
    • Furtive Chase: Gain up to 4 tokens each time the obsession is hooked. Each token reduces your terror radius by 2/3/4 meters and reduces your red stain by 50/75/100%.

Those would be my ideas for a start. He's sounding a lot more threatening compared to his current iteration.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 920

They're also forgetting about the maps that are very open where he may never have a chance to sneak up on the survivors.

Or SWF groups who dedicate someone who's good at looping to follow the ghost around so he'll never have a chance to be sneaky.

When the ghost goes to take that survivor out they engage hyper-loop mode and gens will be finished within a short period of time.

I think he'll end up being similar to myers where the stalk meter will be filled to 99% and then activated when the hit is guaranteed.

Then he'll be nerfed.

See this is the kind of stuff that anyone who actually plays the game can not only predict, but actively see as an issue before the content hits live. The smug satisfaction of saying.. "I told you so, BVHR." wears pretty damn thin when you're right every single time without fail. When it becomes routine, and you still have only 3 killers at red ranks, you start thinking.. "Oh, I remember this experience from 2016/17/18.." It's stale. Really stale.

I wish they'd just give us some bullshit overpowered killers that they tweak (within reason) to be competitive and fair for both sides. Right now, they have a track record for releasing weak or useless garbage near constantly despite having all the information on the game itself; how it's played, what perks are used, what maps are troublesome, what the current meta is for both sides, etc.

Frustrating as hell. I want this game to be better or I wouldn't waste my time here. It definitely seems like it has been a waste thus far, though.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 4,868

I’m surprised at the response. His perks sound wonderful and address a handful of SWF issues.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,814

+1 this exactly. Maps are designed to where stealth killers just aren't viable against survivors that aren't potatoes. Lots of gimmicks with nothing practical.

• TwistedSegaGamerTwistedSegaGamer Member Posts: 71

Ghost Face is going to bring a lot of chaos.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with you. He'll likely be figured out as fast as Pig, if not slightly faster since he's pretty straight forward. At least with Pig you can't disable either of her powers just by existing near her.

• VictoryVictory Member Posts: 166

good thing over 50% of games are solo (accordings to the stats ) and 2% of actual games are 4 man swf, meaning, your skill as ghostface matters and you'll need to adapt/learn the killer, you haven't even seen him on ptb yet and you're worried hes not nurse tier. Also, plague by all means is not weak, staying exposed vs a 4.6 with tracking is pretty insane. You're not supposed to win everygame, take the outplay like a champ.

• VictoryVictory Member Posts: 166

SWF isn't a major issue lol. People CAN play with their friends, if survivors work together as a team, people complain, when killers often say "Survivors need to work as a team to overcome the powerful killer." Stop with the cognitive dissonance.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,098

Why would having your camera on him for 1 second disable his power? some people have their camera on Myers and have 0 CLUE as to where he is because he might not actually be in plain sight!

And for a stealth killer, losing your tokens that actually make you stealthy if the obsession for whatever reason dies is rather silly. It's terror radius within chase, its not that big of a deal in most scenario's.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Oh wow, I didn't notice this.

I thought constantly stalking was the reason for the survivors taking his power away but looking at the numbers there's really absolutely no reason have this mechanic.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,814
    edited June 2

"People CAN play with their friends"

I never said they couldn't. You're imagining things that I don't believe.

I don't think you know the definition of cognitive dissonance because that isn't taking place here.

"SWF isn't a major issue lol

If you don't think SWF is a major issue you don't play at rank 1.

"when killers often say "Survivors need to work as a team to overcome the powerful killer."

Saying survivors need to work together is NOT the same as saying they should get into coms to work together. You are using a strawman argument.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,964

The figures you pointed out regarding SWF was confirmed not 100% accurate by the Devs and they told everyone to take it with a grain of salt.

As I said in the topic post, this -could- change. I seriously doubt it will based on how BVHR has done things in the past, but it might (how often does it, though?).

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 841

Same, kinda Skeptical on his perks and the being spotted element cause if someone is looking in all directions he cant use his power ever lol.

What I'm hoping is that the drawback of his power was poorly explained. If not, then I guess it's been made very clear that the designers of this particular killer do not play their game. It's not an unreasonable conclusion to draw based on what they've shown us. Unless this is a major prank and Ghostface + his perks are entirely different from what we saw on the anniversary stream, we're kind of SoL.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,498

He should have a 0 terror radius whenever he is crouching.