Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is the timer for the RBT 2 Minutes..?

2»

Comments

• Master_Bad_GuyMaster_Bad_Guy Member Posts: 100

I think with a decrease in time it will be impossible to play, given that the pig does not allow just to use the boxes, but immediately runs to check them

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Doesn't the movie take place in a smaller space than most DbD maps? That's probably why.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,031

I think that person means having the current Rules Set No. 2 be base kit for Amanda and have that other idea be the new Rules Set No. 2 add-on.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,144

But not being able to see The Jigsaw Boxes is just game breaking with her base kit.

So removing that modifier would be acceptable for the base kit at some stance.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the current RSN2 being base kit or the one that the other person proposed?

edited June 2019

Nvm I mixed it up lol. They meant for the Original No.2 to be Base Kit and that the rework was for the addon. But I still Disagree that the pig can't see the Jigsaw Box Auras in the Reworked No.2

edited June 2019

EDIT: Mixed up what the Person Meant.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 1,215

I think the timer on RBT is fine. The only thing I think needs some buffs are her Add-ons half of them aren’t worth using.

• pandorayrpandorayr Member Posts: 538

In my opinion only is necessary remove the aura reading for Jigsaw Boxes to survivors and the Pig.

Rework addons

Increasing speed/duration and improve the ambush for the Pig.

• RavenluteRavenlute Member Posts: 2

I had some time out of the game where I didn't play Pig.

It used to be that the timer for the RBT paused when the survivor was being chased, on a hook or dying. It made it last a whole lot longer than it had any right to. Has that changed?

• VictoryVictory Member Posts: 166

then the first box they'd find would have to be a key guaranteed lol, its 2m 30s base, tampered timer makes it 2m, run with crate of gears you're prob going to get at least 2 rbt kills. Traps were not meant to kill survivors, they were meant to buy you more time ( which they do buy a lot of )

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,812

The problem with her power is.....it doesn't create any pressure until people complete a generator. And any premade group with half a brain can just push the generator up to 90% and wait for people to get their boxes off. All of this is going on while Amanda is chasing people and attempting hooks. She can only chase 1 person at a time, so if people stall out gens like this they can burn her traps and finish the game that way.

Or they can just gen rush and ignore the 1 guys timer because the time it takes to do 2 gens you can easily lead her on chases enough to where you have 3 gens left and she's just now placing a second trap. So unless the timer is running, theres literally no pressure.

IMO something that would stay true to the lore and actually possibly combat survive with friends groups is punishing gen completion after someone has a bear trap on. To either reduce the timer of the person with a bear trap. Or if someone has a bear trap on and you complete a generator the next bear trap she puts onto someone gets reduced by 10 seconds for the max timer. To prevent people just ignoring her concept and gen rushing. She can easily be gen rushed to the point where she has 1 or 2 bear traps left over.

Honestly though, the jigsaw boxes could stay how they are, but the fact you guys killed her end game capability.....yet her stealth still suffers since she has one of the loudest "I'm attacking now!" tells in the game why not just remove the lions roar so I can at least have some jump scare fun.....its bad enough they can hear me breathing from like 15 meters away......Throw us something....you gut her end game playstyle entirely but don't compensate it....can't be treating licensed killers like this, thats messed up.....

Having ruleset no. 2 and only the part where survivors can't see jigsaw box auras until the trap is active would at least create some tension and pressure. As it stands now survivors especially in coms can just mark each box. Then tell each other which box they should go to next because for whatever reason after 3 people have removed traps the last person with a trap on is let free with the last unexplored box...And you have all the auras as a survivor to know exactly where they are and where to go.....

She has a lot of add ons that aren't worth using. Namely all the skill check add ons. Theres no point to using them since its just a default skill check, and even if you run perks that make skill check zones smaller it doesn't do anything. Her hemorrhage add on is useless. Her mangled add on is useless. Her skill check add ons are useless. Her exhaustion add on is semi useless and only worth a damn if someone has sprint burst to slow down their box search.

I wish she had an add on or toxic poison add on, that made it so when you had a jigsaw box on you were injected with drugs/chemicals, similar to the movie, and it made you dizzy like the clown bottles do. That would be epic. Survivors with jigsaw boxes running around with drunk screens....

Nope, that has remained the same. The only thing that has changed for the Pig recently is that any traps put on after the Exit Gates are powered don't do anything anymore.

Hey, I am totally for Rules Set No. 2 becoming base kit. After getting her endgame gutted, I think she's earned that much and more.

"I wish she had an add on or toxic poison add on, that made it so when you had a jigsaw box on you were injected with drugs/chemicals, similar to the movie, and it made you dizzy like the clown bottles do. That would be epic. Survivors with jigsaw boxes running around with drunk screens...."

That...would actually be super cool. :o Maybe have it go in and out and then also give the add-on another debuff. Make Rules Set No. 2 base kit and then make that the new Rules Set No. 2:

"Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from impaired vision that comes and goes every 10 seconds.

When a Survivor finishes searching a Jigsaw Box, that Survivor suffers from the Hindered status effect for 15 seconds."

Yeah, that's taking a page right out of Clown's book, but at least it's an Ultra Rare add-on, and it can MEANINGFULLY affect an RBT Survivor trying to get the Trap off, unlike all the other damn "RBT penalty" add-ons.