The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How not to look toxic? [survivor]

I mean it's just the killer but when survivor has to do something for not being killed, it looks toxic.

Even when I play as a survivor, solo only (yes cause I don't have many friends that available to do swf), I know that I have to do loop and baiting the killer for my teammates to do gens. But playing as survivors, it looks so fun when you bait the killer and looping, spamming pallets on their 4heads. I laugh so much as well as feeling bad for them.

Things go different ways when it comes to killers. They gonna see you as a toxic survivor. So is this the game's fault for not making it fun for both sides or it just me?

Comments

• KagrenacKagrenac Member Posts: 698

You're doing what you need to do to survive. That's not toxic and any killer who says it is is trash.

It's a different story if you're exploiting or cheating of course.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 2,063

You're not being toxic. You're doing your job. Just as tunnelers and campers do theirs, albet to a different extent. Coming from a majority killer player.

• DoubleTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 218

Don't run meme builds?

DH / MoM / DS / Adrenalin + insta heal med kit add on

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 1,151

Basically what has already been said. Don't tbag, flashlight click, or be rude in end game chat/send rude messages.

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 326

@drunky26 I usually do some circling around the pallets before and after threw it down, some pointings, wavings... but somehow I feel like I'm toxic

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 326
    edited June 2

@thrawn3054 no I never do that, but still I feel myself toxic when playing as survivors (they mostly hit me when I'm hooked so that's why I feel so). Usually I manage to loop the killer for 2-3 gens per game cause I'm solo and need some attention for teammates for not being immersed and get us all kill. It's not that I'm a professional survivor but imagine a 4 SWF doing that...

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 488

No p3 claudette /nea

the community gift her toxicity (thanks for nothing, ochido and noob3)

• GrandkuramaGrandkurama Member Posts: 221

Don't do click click with the flashlight and don't spam teabag

• redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,244

What about deliberately hiding all the time and not rescuing somone that would be considered toxic especially when its shown the killers after another survivor if people do that to me I sell them out because your not doing anything but forcing a derank on yourself so why would I help you

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,777

@DoubleTap

This isn't toxic, it's called just playing the game. While I understand it's annoying, it doesn't automatically make it toxic.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 751

You can't please everyone. No matter what you do, you are going to piss some people off. It's ok. There's nothing wrong with that. Just play the way you want to play and don't use any exploits, then you're good.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 701
    edited June 2

Some, certainly fragile, killers perceive pointing as being toxic; essentially as a teabag.

I only use it as a scold vs tunneling killers, say if I tried to take the hit for someone I saved who decided to stay in the general area, and they still tunnel them despite me being a relatively easy first hit. (like a 'screw you')

Meanwhile if I don't do any of that and waste a lot of the killer's time when I actively tried to avoid going into chase in the first place, I'll often get the standard camp and regular hit. Though not happening much lately.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Taunting is actually a tactic. It makes killers commit on you and eventually makes them really tilted if they don't catch you fast. And a player who is tilted usually makes more mistakes than normally.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,235

The game just has a lot of problems that are in general killing the experience. The further you go up in rank the more the game starts to break down. Honestly the game has gotten stale and everyone whose played long term knows all the layouts and the optimization tactics.

Since you talk about enjoying dropping palettes on killers I can speak to that. Killers don't mind the palette stuns, but maps tend to have so many palettes spawning in too close a proximity of one another. We're still reporting incidents of double palette spawns, but according the most recent stream they don't believe us even though multiple streamers have footage calling them out. There are less palettes than in the past where a map could have as many as 30, but it isn't the as lacking in palettes as some survivors say it is.

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 280

Quite. When I get Tilted I'm going to camp the next Survivor I Hook. Usually gets the rest of them to escape.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,265
    edited June 2

@HavelmomDaS1 - I watch toxic survivor Mrs JawIsTheNextKiller teabag specifically to distract killers on a daily basis, frustratingly it is constantly effective. Killers please - think like Myers, feel nothing. Ignore it.

Personally, I feel nothing when being teabagged. Heal in front of me and I [BAD WORD] lose my [BAD WORD]. And then the game.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,069

Hmmm, nothing a Survivor does ingame is toxic to me.

T-bagging for example just means i have more time to catch up.

And even if it made no difference before they reach a loop, i'll be able to take time off the loop, possibly saving an entire round on the loop.

Spamming sound notifications gives me a free Barbecue & Chili effect, same goes for the confident Object of Obsession users.

Flashlight wielders just use an Item ingame, nothing wrong with that.

And if they click it because they want to distract me, i just ignore them.

It also means they're not working on a Generator.

Only the toxicity in the endgame chat is what i consider toxic.

I can't benefit from it in any way because, unlike most here, i don't actually like toxicity, no matter how stupid they make themself look.

So that chat's off for me 24/7.

TL;DR - If i'm your Killer for the match, you're fine to do whatever you want, just know that i don't like or dislike your tries at toxicity.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2

@drunky26 There's nothing wrong with taunting until the very last moments of the game.

Psychological tactics are legitimate. If hitting a survivor on the hook will tilt them into killing themselves, I will do it. If teabagging and clicking to a killer will provoke them into a chase, I will do it.

If it is intended to make an impact on the outcome of the game, then your imaginary rules don't apply here. In most cases, it's not toxic, you're just insecure and gullible.

If I hit you on the hook, take the compliment.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 1,151

That wouldn't be toxic from a killers perspective.

You haven't been toxic in that case. They're just feeling tilted because they had trouble catching you. I always take it as a compliment when they are aggravated enough to stand there hitting me.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,777

If you're going to lose, take it like a man instead of DCing because DCing is really toxic.

Also, don't taunt the killer because it's usually considered as being cocky.

Taunting in the game is part of the strategy and fun, but if you win, don't be a dick in chat.

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 1,434

Why is that toxic?

Is like telling a leatherface

Dont use this build

Noed+Insidious+Agitation+Iron grasp

Is part of the game just like MOM, DS, DH AND ADRENALINE... and people should adapt to it.

You like it or not

• SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,122

Thats not toxic behavior. A killer may call it toxic because they are upset but that does not mean it is so. Using what is legitimately presented to you too survive is fine. However what is considered toxic is things like sand bagging team mates, working with the killer, using cheats, abusing exploits, trash talking in the end game chat, etc. If you are a player that does any of these things you are a walking aids infested tumor.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,393

That isn't toxic.

Toxic is tbagging, flashlight flicking, spamming the point/come over emotes, spamming vault actions to annoy the killer with location pings, flashlight blind point farming me at every single pallet and just plain DC'ing.