Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivors have it so easy

Comments

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

@SunderMun . . . 😶there's a LEGAL aim bot in dbd? mother of god . . . why is this a thing.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Maybe killer isn't for you. I find neither side stressful, but that is a state of mind if you put the stress to perform on yourself. However, both sides can be frustrating for different reasons.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    edited May 2019

Yeah, no idea why. I guess it helps brand new killers, and it's not going to 180 turn you but it sometimes causes you to land hits you clearly missed, and other times it'll cause you to miss hits you were directly aiming at point blank.

Although honestly, I find it makes me miss a ton more than it makes me hit...I'd sacrifice those I didn't really earn, in order to be consistent with the game, happily.

(like sometimes if you chase someone to a hooked survivor, and they go to save, yuo swing, it'll randomly decide to turn you toward, and hit the hooked survivor - it causes them to get the save and removes a lot of map pressure, for something that isn't your fault...or when you're near a tree, you lunge to the side of it, and it decides to hit the tree)

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Boogie down, Baby!

• GothyGothy Member Posts: 3

Is this a trollpost?

• SlinkyJinkySlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

"Survivors have it easy"

*cough*OneShotPay2WinKiller*cough*

• drunky26drunky26 Member Posts: 685

Funny how many downvotes you got, but it's true.

Not to mention they already have 3 lives. (3 hooks)

• Lyunai07Lyunai07 Member Posts: 6

you do not care about the mouth of the world! The weak killer .. the strong over-excited .. but stop damn it !! Learn to play killer! Even better .. tried to play surviving and you will understand that the killer is too powerful and strong !! That the killers in the day of today make that the scale is far from being equitable !!

Already the nerve of the surviving side perks that could help them, have been nerve and now the end game that with the closing of the trapdoor leaves the killer is big no matter what!

If the developers stopped listening to the mourners that you are killers and they would balance the game a little more and give the survivors the perks as they had before the nerve that would make a great part of the community!

• VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I play both, I just prefer killer, or at least the idea of killer. Killer stresses me out, survivors just bore me. Not saying I always escape, but the majority of the time I do, its just too easy.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

You should stop killing, you obviously are bad at it, play to your strengths and play Survivor instead, you are a gifted survivor.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I admire your bravery for posting this discussion in the survivor section. But it will do no good I'm afraid.

This game has been survivor-sided since the beginning, and will probably stay that way for a while I'd imagine.

People in the community simply don't want to admit the game favors survivors (in most cases).

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,656

balance is a funny thing in this game.

low rank survivors will get completely owned by killers and it will seem to them as if the game had a huge imbalance in favour of the killer side, while high rank survivors will completely own the killer and to the killer t seems like there is a huge imbalance for the survivor side.

killers are in a decent spot right now.

its not balanced, especially with coordinated SWF groups and meta perks / instaheals, but its much better than before.

Factually you'd be wrong, because in most cases (Ranks 5-20) Killers have the upper hand. Suvivors only have the upperhand at the highest ranks, where so few people are that htey keep running into each other over and over. In lower ranks you'll be lucky to see the same guy twice in a month. That's how many more people are in the lower ranks where Killers are definitely enjoying the advantage.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

BT, DS

L wall T walls

I don't agree with those 2. DS has plenty of counters and T and L walls are mindgameable.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

you know DS and BT are just anti tunnel perks..

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

yes.. would you like games where you kill everyone in the first 2 minutes then find new lobby and same goes on.. sounds super boring to me, you could just like replace survivors with bots if u want to make everything as easy as possible

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 946

To be fair, survivor can be really easy and boring to play as.

Right now we have plenty of second chance perks and with a half decent team you should have that much trouble with most but the top tier killers.

If you toss SWFs in the mix it becomes a fun house, especially if you are competitive.

I often die as survivor due to stupid mistakes or potatoes as teammates who loves to bring the killer to me or farme in front of the killer. And let us not talk about the super immersed Blendettes with the blocked Ctrl button but no Urban Evasion...

• DoubleTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    edited May 2019

"Super safe pallets"

As new information about Freddy has come to light since you posted this thread.

@Vetrathene Freddie's Dream Pallets and Dream Snares would disagree with you on that one. Man Freddy is going to be so OP. I'm talking Nurse level Survivor tears. It's going to be horrific. Like a train wreck you just cant turn away.

• JESUS_CHRISTJESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

Once I got to around 8 after rank reset it was mostly SWF teams all running the same second chance perks making it pretty difficult having to hit everyone so many extra times. On top of getting blinded, body blocked and having my hooks sabotaged.

I was playing a pretty even amount on both sides for a minute too and I found it a lot easier to pip as a survivor and I'm not even that good as a survivor. Monto said it's definitely easier to rank up as a survivor too in one of his recent videos so I know I'm not just crazy in thinking that, although I am crazy. Getting BP-s is easier as a killer but pipping is easier as a survivor. I think both should be evened out a bit. Although I don't know how that could ever happen without removing SWF from the standard ranking system in some way. Maybe they could get a separate rank for games played in solo and SWF or something but IDK really.

To the person that started their post about things in the killers favor with Yamaoka Estate I just gotta say no. That is worse than the corn maps when you have people playing stealthy. I spend most of the game running through bushes hoping that I can tell that I bumped into somebody. With my boy Trapper I can usually do some damage though. Really maps are situational with killers and perks and can go both ways. The last time I played a team of blendettes they burned an offering for that map and it wasn't so I'd have a good time. Further solidified by the fact that they all DC-ed after I finally got them on their third hook.

• noneofyourbusinessnoneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

No they, aren't easy...

...and this is my opinion as kiler main

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

At low ranks is worst. B&C kill more people than all killers together

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'm not wrong.

Good Survivors > Good Killer. That's just how it is. DbD favors survivors in most scenarios. Rank doesn't matter, because those SWF kill squads could be at any rank. The only killer capable of going toe to toe with skilled survivors is Nurse. And that's because Nurse isn't handicapped nearly as much by bad map design as other killers.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I've been playing this game for a long time, so I'm very good as killer, but I don't kill anyone so I'm at low ranks. I can tell you I don't need weapons, I can make 4k only using slaps.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    edited June 2019

For me I'd say it's pretty even. As killer I do not get Death squads every single friggin game. That's a minority for sure, and those types generally have super altruistic survivors. Usually if you down someone you can walk around for a bit a get another smack for the ones going for a flash light save/waiting to save as soon as you turn your back.

Are there crappy games were you get gen rushed, and before you know it they already got it down to one gen. Sure it happens to the best of us. But that isn't the majority. Majority for me is around 3 kills a game. I almost never get 0 kills. Currently I play Myers as my main, with The Legion on the side. Ghostface is certainly getting added to my arsenal.

As survivor you can certainly have relaxing games, heck I've had games were the killer never saw me once, I just did gens, and left. It was boring. But then I've had games were a survivor has bond on, and brings tier 3 myers my direction so I don't have time to get away, get downed and get camped until I die and that's GG. Or survivors who disconnect because they don't like the map, or the killer is rocking some op add-ons/Ebony Moris, and it instantly becomes a hatch game.

Not every game on either side is always a cake walk, and it feels balanced on both sides to me. Git Gud never applied so hard right now imo.

Post edited by BloodyNights on
  • FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2019

This.

I think people just love to over-exaggerate about everything to compensate for their lack of skill on these forums.

edited June 2019

Except there aren't that many good survivors and there are a lot of good killers.

While the first part of your argument, "Good survivors > Good killer" may or may not be correct (debatable) the second part of your argument "DbD favors survivors in most scenarios" is clearly wrong, and the actual stats of the game straight from BHVR (survival rate) prove it.

And it takes a full team of very good survivors to really make your argument correct. That's not something you see in most of the matches playing this game. The vast majority of players are not in the red ranks doing 4-man SWF, the vast majority of players are potato survivors in green and yellow in 2-man SWF at best, where killers are at the very least on even footing with survivors, and if anything the stats suggest Killers have a slight advantage.

Sure, there could be 4-man bully squads in the lower ranks, but they are far from the norm and are exceedingly rare, once again putting a cog into your argument "DBD favors survivors in most scenarios."

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

And almost all second chance perks are pay go get half the time too

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

My nurse doesn’t think they have it easy. ;)