We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Live Q&A: Post your Year 4 questions here!

Comments

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 1,021

When do the team normally begin the process for the next killer? And will a fan created killer ever be used?

• Victor_hensleyVictor_hensley Member Posts: 305

What is your current thoughts about the balance of Dead by Daylight? (What is your stance?)

• s2EvilSanctuarys2EvilSanctuary Member Posts: 5

When exactly will the Dedicated Servers come?

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,155

Can you go through other ideas you had in mind when reworking Freddy?

• AblutomaniacAblutomaniac Member Posts: 16

Will we lose all our Freddy Add-ons when the rework goes live?

Many of us Freddy mains have gathered a boatload of add-ons for the current character, but these don't seem to apply to his new power. Will all of these disappear? or will we get some of his new add-ons in their place?

• WolfPad06WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

When will we be getting the missing Ultra Rare add-ons for some killers (Nurse, Billy, LF, Doctor's 2nd one, etc.)?

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Will they change moris, the most unbalance stuff in the game? Perhaps a possibility for survivors to escape, like Overcharge.

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 1,434

What are going to be the minimum requirements for the mobile version?

• will_i_am_14_85will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 417

Are there any plans to help lessen the grind.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 936
    edited June 2019

Can you elaborate more on the Matchmaking changes? Like will there be an option to match based on latency, or rank? While both matter, latency is by far more important to me, but should not be exclusive. Anything over 140ms, and I leave, no matter what.

• IronWolf115IronWolf115 Member Posts: 671

Can you give any information on plans for Leatherface in the future?

Even if you can just say whether you plan to simply buff him or are considering a rework.

Thanks!

• makaylamakayla Member Posts: 284

Are there any plans to add a secondary objective? Many people in the community including myself have been asking for it for years.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 936
    edited June 2019

Could you add an after game bonus BP & XP balance modifier, to the side (killer or survivor) that is deficient in players? For example, when there aren’t enough killers, give killers a bonus modifier in proportion to the disparity between the number of killers playing and the number of survivors playing. The same for when there aren’t enough survivors. This might help balance out the sides.

P.S. Adding a meter bar to the main screen showing the current status (too many killers-balanced-too many survivors), would be nice as well.

• cristalcaoscristalcaos Member Posts: 12

are there any plans to lessen the grind?

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,749

So, we got a new mechanic in year 3: The End Game Collapse. Now, knowing this, will there be a new mechanic in year 4 to add a new objective to make games last slightly longer? Preferably, it isn't another holding M1 type of thing.

• RynjRynj Member Posts: 11

Will the battle pass be purchasable with iridescent shards or auric cells? Or is it planned to be a stand alone purchase?

Also in other games that implement a battle pass you can basically earn the next seasons battle pass by completing the current season. Will this practice be implemented for the DBD pass?

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 5,068

Is there anything you have learned from creating deathguarden (both versions) that can be applied to dead by daylight?

• xmidnitejokerxxmidnitejokerx Member Posts: 26

How will a game like dead by daylight be carried into the next gen of consoles? We are likely to start seeing the next gen of PS4 and Xbox sometime in 2020...would you guys have to create brand new ports for the new consoles, or is this something that can’t be answered until you officially get hardware specs and info from Sony and Microsoft? Also curious if we would have to buy the game again for the new consoles and basically start progress over since there is no kind of cross platform way to carry over our accounts at the moment.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 3,250

Are there any plans, or even just ideas, to add a "custom" game mode, or any new/different game modes.

I've seen a lot of requests about a few in particular.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,089
    edited June 2019

Since map reworks are in the pipeline, any chances you can add more dinamic elements (like Gideon Meatplant's doors) to existing ones that don't have them? I think they add more flavour and it's funny how they make people change strategies on-the-go

Also, I always wish for crows and the fog to be more impactful on the gameplay (just for example, imagine if denser fog allowed survivors to hide better but at the cost of reducing the visibility of the red stain).

• snowflake102snowflake102 Member Posts: 1,766

is dedicated servers getting closer to release?

• hex_no_headhex_no_head Member Posts: 2

If loop reworks are happening so that survivors learn how to play pallets better are we also removing bloodlust from killer for the exact same reason? Also, if MOM is getting nerfed then will we be nerfing NOED? They both get extra hits that were not earned and do not help either side learn to play the game.