The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Delay Ghost Face and get him right

Aesthetically and visually, he looks awesome. I want that to be clear. His movements whether its transitioning from standing to crouching or even just running, its spot on.

His ability needs immediate attention though. On paper, it sounds great. However when it comes to playing a match with any 4 competent survivors, its useless.

Ghost Face only needs to be in the survivors camera to be detected and not directly looked at by a survivor (where you would picture a crosshair would be for example). This means that a survivor may not even spot him through the fog in the background and he would be detected.

In this state, he is a M1 killer. He is Trapper without his traps. Huntress without her hatchets. Clown without his tonics. Ghost Face is a Myers that has his Tier III cancelled if you accidentally happen upon him in your cameras FOV.

This, needs to be rectified. To push him out live like this would be creating another rework to do down the road. It is not the polished start to Year 4 that we were promised and I would rather see his release pushed back so that his ability can be properly refined, than have an unfinished product.

Tagged:

Comments

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 103

The thing is, it isnt hard to fix him since hes mostly bugged

• WolfPad06WolfPad06 Member Posts: 111

It's not just bugs. His power is so easy to obliterate he might as well have no power at all.

How can he be stealthy when he broadcast his stealth map wide and THEN creates a whooshing sound when moving while in stealth. That's not a bug, that's supposed to be balance.

The time it takes to mark survivors without add-ons before you're spotted is so ridiculously long and hard to achieve in most situations, and even if you do the reward is not long enough sometimes to even matter.

As with the Plague, they gave us a killer that has a great power... if the survivors are braindead.

They keep releasing killers that have their strength entirely dictated by the skill of survivors and not the killers themselves.

• Cpt_VunderbarCpt_Vunderbar Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 52

Absolutely agree.

It's time for Killers to be released in a proper, more powerful state for a change. Not these "Fun, but ridiculously weak" killers we keep getting.

Ghostface is a trainwreck currently, but as long as our cries for buffs and fixes don't go unheard or ignored, there may still be hope yet for Ghostface. Time will tell. I certainly won't be buying him if he gets pushed to live in this state though.

• KarltastiskKarltastisk Member Posts: 319

He should definatly see a serious overhaul so a delay would be really justified!

• ShamefulKingShamefulKing Member Posts: 82

@not_Queen @Peanits

I don't like tagging devs, but I feel this is quite important. I have made multiple posts on the PTB sub forum regarding the chapter, Ghost Face himself and my thoughts as a fan of Dead By Daylight. I would really appreciate it if you took just a little bit of time to have a read of them. I know you can't read everyones, but this would mean a lot.