Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback

A problem with ghostface stealth power

Comments

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,555

Does the survivor have to actually look at him, or just use their camera to do so?

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Spin their camera around a bunch and you'll spot him without any issue. This is why, as of right now, Ghost Face is hot garbage. I don't know how they goobered up another Killer but hot damn they really did.

• ZeBeeZeBee Member Posts: 47

32 meters is WAYYYY too far.... please do a hotfix and one remove stain when stalking/crouched.... reduce it to less than 32m. thanks for coming to my ted talk, not wanting to play this until fixed....

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,569

It's a pretty clear design philosophy they adopted since around Doctor/Huntress. Spirit looks more and more like a fluke. Apparently weak killers are fun.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,555

I guess I'll be going to the Keyforge sealed tournament, tonight, if Ghostface sucks :(

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

No. It's really not. It's just like the 4 man troll squads. If they're ######### with you, they're not getting work done.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

what, you dont think its logical to chase after a bloody killer instead of trying to escape? just kidding. but how bad and silly terrible needs a killer to be so you just want to ######### around with him? looks like we have one now.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,486

Let's hope that corn impairs survivors as much as it does Myers

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 229
    edited June 2019

@Peanits

His power is not supposed to be removed though wealls and by a 360 camara movement right? Among things like hooked and downed survivors stopping it?

• ShihouShihou Member Posts: 2

After playing a little over a dozen matches on the PTB I'm sorry to say this is just a poor state to release him, even for testing purposes. The ability to just radar dish spin your camera around to pull him straight out of stealth is laughable. Not to mention we've had survivors who are dangling off a hook that can also pull him out of stealth if they see him. Why is that even a thing? They are dangling for their lives and can still yank him out of his sneaky power?

The concept is lovely, the implementation leaves much to be desired though.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Have the developers considered changing it so that Night Shroud is only dispelled if Ghost Face and the survivor meet each other's gazes similar to OoO?

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 229

@Cpt_Vunderbar We wait and see because hes bugged right now. His power isnt working as its supposed to and its getting canaclled in aw ay it isnt meant to be.

• Cpt_VunderbarCpt_Vunderbar Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 53

I did hear that he was bugged. Still, even with that being the case, how much of him is truly bugged, and how much is intentional features of the killer ?

I feel it's better to express our concerns with the character now, and make it known, just in case the Devs don't know about the problems. The community seems to be in agreement on Ghostface as a whole, so hopefully that will be enough to get the devs to fix him and make adjustments before his release.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,232

Last time we were in agreement about a killer they gave them an extra nerf the next day of ptb. It is hard to trust that we will see better results after that, but we do need to keep telling them how messed up he is.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

They don't have to follow, just spin camera like somw competent survivors do and you kick him out of hit, even midchase one looks behind them.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

Things that work with the camera itself is wonky and unreliable like legion's chase mend mechanic. The chase and survivor camera as factors can be weird in some scenarios. I love the look but the ghost face giving up so much power simply because a survivor spins camera around is weird. A killer's power should have them be in control of it mostly and shouldn't be easily cancelled by a survivor as that takes away from the killer and doesn't reward mindgames and smart play.

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 848

Yeah, honestly, that's like saying that there's no issue with SWF with OoO relaying your position to everyone all the time. They're following you and not on gens, so obviously it's fine to make the other three survivors effectively untouchable, I guess? And don't forget that these are the same people that said that Plague would be a viable killer, and that no survivor crew would bother avoiding the fountains to keep her from gaining power. I feel they might be underestimating the teamwork of even solo survivor teams a bit more than you see in play.

I'll be honest, I'm probably going to skip this PTB just so I don't get an immediate dislike of the killer like I did for Plague, but I sincerely hope that they stop balancing killers so that survivors can fully shut them down without even really having to interact with the mechanics. To be honest, I'm really hopeful that Ghostface ends up being a fun killer once he's fixed up, because I was super hyped when he was leaked. His power and aesthetics were basically 10/10 perfect for me and how I like to play.

• cetruzzocetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Stop buying ######### killers and hopefully they will stop making them. Vote with your wallet

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 848

@Peanits People in other places seem to be confused about how his power is supposed to work. For a survivor to interrupt his power, does their character model have to physically turn to face Ghostface, or are they supposed to just have their camera pointed at him?

This is about how he's intended to function, not how he currently functions. I'm seeing a lot of people on other sites saying that survivors will have to have their character model facing him to interrupt his stealth, but this doesn't seem correct from the other things you've all said.

• tariousxtariousx Member Posts: 156

Since when did Killer's stop being killers? It's like they are just becoming less and less dangerous. They are little more than just the "Annoyance" now. At mid to high ranks the game has devolved to nothing but 3-4 viable killers and even less when matched with SWF. It's essentially 4 people making a mockery of 1 player. Then, why does a killer OR a survivor need such a hard counter to the way they are designed? You encourage more skillful game-play when there are no real hard counter for everything and more soft counters that can be used in different ways but, in this case OoO and GF very weak power is a good example of a lack of foresight imo.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 905

Corn is Ghostface's Kryptonite. Not only can you not really stalk through it just like Myers, survivors can spot you through the corn, effectively turning the corn into a one-way mirror (Survivors can cancel your power through it, while you can't even stalk them)

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,545
    edited June 2019

Id rather suggest to remove the ability to cancel his power if you are marked. If the killer found you first, you cannot jump up and scream "found you too dude". The killer then has to be aware of where survivors are. If you want to sneak upon someone on a gen, find a safe way or make sure no other survivors are around that can cancel your power. If there are, mark them and go ahead. Or maybe even stalked but not fully marked survivors can't cancel your power

And I would also think about increasing the 1s value to higher values if you are busy with gens or healing etc. Not sure if disabling the uncover ability totally would be the final solution. maybe more clear and earlier notifications if someone is looking at the killer, so the killer can dodge it in time.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,864

If they see you, that means that they're ready to loop you. They're in power position. The whole point of killer is to catch survivors out of position. There's no surprise if everyone knows where you are constantly especially in SWF. If you chase this one person, generally they'll loop you the entire map full of pallets and you will lose because everyone else will work on generators. welcome to red rank experience to killer(aside from nurse).

as a side note,Trapper has similar problem without red add-on, where your traps are no longer threat if there's no surprise factor.

I hope this scouting mechanic for ghostface is either weakened for survivors or normalized to work like Myser stalking.