We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Detect Ghostface with "Pointing action"

d0riand0rian Member Posts: 6

As title, what do you think about detecting and deactivate Ghost Face power, when you, as a survivor, point at him your finger?

Post edited by d0rian on

Comments

• d0riand0rian Member Posts: 6
    edited June 4

Or at least a new mechanic that would make this whole thing of "detecting" him more interactive survivor side, instead of this buggy "i'll just look around and shut down his power even if i don't know he's right there"

EDIT: With this feature, a balance could be that when the killer and a survivor are staring each other, Ghost Face stalk meter on that survivor doesn't increase... looks great or not? :/

Post edited by d0rian on

And then also Monto think that it would be cool (2:17)

• myers_obsessionmyers_obsession Member Posts: 107

Thats a cool idea :D

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,173

Love this idea.

• ameanjennameanjenn Member Posts: 2
    edited June 5

I don't like the idea of it being the existing "point" action, but I would love to see a requirement for some kind of input for the player to tell the game that they spotted him. It could just be to press 1 while your camera is centered on him. Require that you hold it for however long you need to look at Ghost Face to properly spot him so survivors can't just spin their camera while spamming the key.

Only reason I don't like the idea of having to point at him is because realistically it would be so counter intuitive. Like if you were working on a gen and Ghost Face was stalking somewhere behind you, you'd have to stop working on the gen, turn your character's model towards him and let that animation play out. By the time all that happens, he's probably realized you saw him and already running your way. And in reality, I wouldn't to stop to point if I just spotted a serial killer, I'd just start running lol.

I also think it would be fun if that interaction had its own consequence. Like you spotted the killer and that terror causes you to scream. And that way, even if his power was just cancelled, Ghost Face gets a bit of information if he's spotted by a survivor he wasn't stalking. I think he already has a little indicator for this, but it'd be fun if the reason for that is because my survivor got scared lol

• Psychic1337Psychic1337 Member Posts: 5

I think that's a bit much, what I was thinking is to increase the spotting time slightly and make it so survivors can only spot him if they aren't doing a action that has a progress bar. It just makes sure that they actually spotted him and not that they had the camera facing the right way at the right time

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,051

This counter to his power really needs work. I like this idea

edited June 5

In fact it doesn't have to be pointing action. Then if you see him, at the start you just run away and when you are safe (after dropping a pallet or vaulting a window) you could just inibite his power by whatever it will be the animation. During this chase you just have to keep looking behind you and staring at* him (like OoO) in order to do not increase your stalker meter.

Then i like the idea of put a small malus on survivor who detect him

• cobaltsteel5900cobaltsteel5900 Member Posts: 7

I just made a post suggesting they add cameras or smartphones that spawn on the map with limited film or storage that they use to take a picture of him in order to detect him. I feel like anything else is probably going to be unreliable and a missed opportunity, but you did get my creative ideas going with this post, so thank you!

• DaDevilsSkirtDaDevilsSkirt Member Posts: 24

That would be nice.

Right now he is far too easy to pull out of shroud mode.

I also thought about the possibility of him inflicting first person view on a survivor he is stalking. I don't know how hard it would be to implement that, but I think it would be fun to have a killer be able to do that.

I imagine that would be scary af.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,136

Love this idea!