The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

Xbox: "An error has occurred and the game was unable to save your profile. Please Restart your game"

MrTang0DownMrTang0Down Member Posts: 39

Xbox one player here for the past 2 months played perfectly fine today and then logged off for an hour then decided to log back in, then i get greeted with this:

An error has occurred and the game was unable to save your profile. Please Restart your game."

Error code: 302

I've restarted 6 times now to no avail, please help? I hope this doesn't mean im losing my progress.

Thanks

Comments

• Garya08Garya08 Member Posts: 3

Did you figure out how to solve this?

• MrTang0DownMrTang0Down Member Posts: 39

Nope

• chineseporkbunchineseporkbun Member Posts: 18

Same error here too.

Tried resetting and hard booting xbox to no avail.

Can play as a guest.But everything is back to level 20 and no dlc characters I own are unlocked

• UmhsnUmhsn Member Posts: 8

I am getting this error on ps4 as well plus i am also getting 8018 no network error

I hope this gets fixed man, almost been 24 hours now, cant get past the main menu, error 302. Hope this doesn't mean my account is going to lose its progress. This error just came out of nowhere

• Weasel625Weasel625 Member Posts: 8

I'm having the same issue Error code 302 I'm on Xbox as well I've tried everything. They do need to get this fixed I will be upset if they don't I've put a lot of time and money into that game it's also my favorite game and I want to play it, it started yesterday for me aswell.

• Feweasygames4uFeweasygames4u Member Posts: 12

got this message last night after shrine update and have had it all day today. Have a lot of time and money invested, love the game. Is there a fix for this issue?

• Garya08Garya08 Member Posts: 3

It started for my son yesterday as well. Sounds like it’s an issue on DBD end...nothing we can fix. We need to get in touch with someone with the game...has anyone tried this?

I sent a ticket through DBD support website, no response yet.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,362

I believe this is an Xbox Live issue - they've been showing online as having issues for the past 24 hours in some areas.

Thank you for responding, I've checked this https://support.xbox.com/ar-SA/xbox-live-status . I'm from the UK and it shows that everything should be fine. All my other games run fine apart from DBD, where upon launch it gives me a save game error with an error 302 and tells me to restart my game, which I've done multiple times and have even uninstalled. Still to no avail. I do believe that this could be a DBD specific issue, and if it is i hope that it is resolved and does not mean that our progress will be wiped due to "an error has occured with the game and was unable to save your profile please restart your game". Thank you for responding

Down Detector is reporting multiple Xbox Live issues across UK, EU & USA (and various other places) - it is the most likely cause of the problem. I have raised it internally to get that double checked however.

Thank you very much for reporting it internally, I have seen down detector myself too, personally however, the only game I'm having trouble with is DBD (Maybe thats a possibility that only one game can be affected by issues ? Im not sure on that) I appreciate your concern and thank you very much, just out of curiosity has this ever happened before and then been resolved without account issues? I've read online that this can lead to complete progress wipes? Sorry to pester and again thank you very much for your responses and concern.

@MrTang0Down yes it has happened on PS4 & Xbox when something in their services has gone down before - same error code etc, and yes it's been resolved in the past without any loss of data etc.

If I get any further information I will make sure to update this thread.

i hope the Devs do a hot fix to fix this because I want to be able to play again so Devs if you read this pls do a hot fix on Xbox to fix this so me and these other Xbox players that are having the Save error 302 message can play again thanks

• ItsonlyabunnyItsonlyabunny Member Posts: 2

Same thing happening. Haven't been on since Monday and now error code 302. Any updates on a fix?

• HivalikHivalik Member Posts: 2

Anyway to get around this? Been happening since Monday.

• jazza1975jazza1975 Member Posts: 9

Yep same here with me. Last game I played the killer disconnected. It had also said I had disconnected even though I was still in play at the time. Tried to play this morning and got the same message. Hard reset on xbox and reinstall and now I cant even play never mind restart at 0 with my characters.

I got a reply this morning from Support after I sent them a screenshot of the message they replied and apologized for the inconvenience and that they are looking into it and will update once they find something

• HivalikHivalik Member Posts: 2

I hope it's something on their end.

• xGREENCATxxGREENCATx Member Posts: 41

Nothing yet? I’m having the same issue

• xGREENCATxxGREENCATx Member Posts: 41

So I’ve noticed multiple people are having this issue where we can’t even long on if we are playing on Xbox and literally nobody has addressed this issue yet. Devs, it’s kind of a big deal so can we atleast get a tweet or something saying you’re looking into it? Jesus. Cmon now guys...

@xGREENCATx we are looking into this and I hope to have more information shortly

• Feweasygames4uFeweasygames4u Member Posts: 12

So still nothing cant get in game at all. Is anybody doing anything about this? Been 2 days now haven't heard anything about it.

Thank you very much, looking forward to hearing more about whats causing this and a resolution :)

• JamminJme21JamminJme21 Member Posts: 6

Man this sucks, same thing for me!

• Lulu0313Lulu0313 Member Posts: 4

Myself and two other people are getting an Initialization Error and it keeps telling us to restart the game. We’ve done that and a hard reset on the Xbox but we are still getting this error. Is there an unexpected update that hasn’t been posted yet? Please help!

• jazza1975jazza1975 Member Posts: 9

I messaged Support and all I got was the usual turn it on and off again message. Dont they think we try everything before contacting them. I could play again albeit with characters returned to level one again before I reinstalled then it appeared with the 302 error. But I can play it on other xbox accounts which I suppose is a plus but having to start at level 1 characters again is a pain.