Ghost Face Perks: Needs Work As Well
Seems like everyone is talking about how Ghost Face and Night Shroud are terrible, but I don't see many (if any) discussions or mentions about his perks.
They're all pretty terrible IMO.
I'm All Ears
Rushed actions outside of a chase/terror radius almost never happen. When they do, its usually a survivor who's made a complete brain dead mistake or someone abusing the sound effects to draw attention.
The power you get for such a rare trigger with the restrictions of your Terror Radius is not a proportionate exchange. Worse yet, it's not even competitive as a choice in regards to other perks. I'd argue that Spies From The Shadows has more utility with a more common trigger that makes it infinitely more useful -- regardless of a lack of presenting the Survivor's aura.
I've seen people say that it works well during a chase when you have Furtive Chase fully stacked... but again, now I'm sandbagging an entire other perk slot just to squeeze actual utility out of the perk. And I actually have to invest in the second perk throughout the match to finally get any use out of I'm All Ears. 1/2 my perk slots just to see a survivor's aura during a chase (when I should already have a fantastic idea of where they are) is a complete waste.
I'm All Ears is so weak, I honestly don't even know how anyone could fix it. You could give it an incredible buff and it still would be a mediocre perk. Some off the top of my head ideas;
- Remove Terror Radius restriction
- Make it also reduce the Killer's Terror Radius so it can compete with Monitor & Abuse
- Make it reduce any noises the Killer makes normally
- Apply the penalty to missed skill checks as well
- Have it reveal the aura of all survivors quickly regardless of who performs the rushed action
- Have it reveal the aura until they enter your terror radius
- Let it double the length of other sources of aura reveals
I wouldn't expect all of these to be jammed into the perk; these are just some ideas of what could be added to it. But it needs A LOT more to it either way. As is, grabbing this perk is almost like disabling a perk slot.
I was actually excited for this perk when I heard about it. Gen obstruction sounds pretty powerful. And "revealing" what gens a survivor is working on sounds good on paper. In practice, the perk seems really weak though. I struggle to classify how powerful (or weak) this perk is because Discordance works well to stop multiple survivors on gens. And to an extent, this perk functions like a Discordance but with more caveats.
I still don't feel good about the perk. And I think it needs small buffs to compete for a perk slot -- but nothing as drastic as I'm All Ears.
- Allow obstructed gens to be kicked. IDK if the perk is supposed to allow this, but I couldn't when I tried.
- Remove the cooldown on the perk's activation
- Have all obstructed gens regress for the duration of the obstruction.
I'd like to see all of these applied to the perk -- but I'm not sure if it would break some of the power budget in the game. I can see it getting a little crazy on 1-shot Killers if the Survivors are careless.
I hate this perk. It does have synergy with I'm All Ears, but synergy doesn't necessarily make it good. For the life of me, outside of I'm All Ears, I can't figure out why anyone would need a decrease to their Terror Radius while in a chase.
I'm partially going to chalk up my opinion of this perk to lack of being able to see how to get any utility out of it. If you know what makes it "good" please feel free to fill me in on the details.
Also; assuming it does have practical applications to it... why is it tied to Obsession/Obsession changing only to be dropped as soon as the obsession dies? Seems like a lot of juggling and a lot of work to maintain something that... doesn't help anything in the slightest.
I have some ideas of how to buff/change the perk, but they might not be applicable due to my lack of understanding of what makes it a viable perk to begin with.
- Drop the "only while in a chase" restriction on the Terror Radius decrease
- Uncap the token gain and give a bonus to the Killer if they "remove" their Terror Radius via the perk
- Drop the loss of tokens when the Obsession dies
- Let the perk delay the start of the chase music for the Survivor
- Let the perk let the Terror Radius linger on the chased Survivor
- Additionally let the perk remove the Red Stain while in a chase (though this may make Beast of Prey irrelevant)
Like I'm All Ears; I don't think the perk needs all of this. Just listing some thoughts. I'd say this perk needs almost as much work as I'm All Ears -- I just really don't know what to do with it. Hopefully more creative minds can chime in.
There isn't a single perk Ghost Face offers that I wouldn't rather have something else for. Or use the perk slots for some other, stronger synergy. Everything is just so weak and underwhelming. It all needs work. I know the devs have already stated the chapter will release on the 18th. But I'm not going to buy the Chapter in this state TBH. I'd rather them delay the release and fix things up a bit all around. What do you guys think?