We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Mettle of Man got buffed

2»

Comments

• PapamodzzPapamodzz Member Posts: 30

I mean ds is crap now if ur in high ranks most killers slug and wait the 60 secs and noed is a strong perk no need to give it the expose affect on rank 1 whats the whole point of upgrading it same with few of the killers perks and you say do totems since they made it where you can't see the killers perk i dont see ppl do totems i use small game cause i don't like getting hit with it after doing great in the game just to get screwed thats my thoughts on this

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 283

I seriously don‘t know. They think something is a nerf when it‘s actually a buff. Selfcare and healing taking longer also was supposed to be a nerf but survivors adapted and gen rush harder without healing as much which makes games go faster.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 3,985

I'm standing by what I said about the perk pre-change. My issue with the perk was the activation condition being failure.

Now it is not failure, so my issue with the perk is done. Thus I the current iteration of MoM is fine.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,173

This isn't accurate. I play at rank 1 regularly and DS procs for me almost every game. It is still an S tier perk.

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 729

I was excited for the MoM nerf, then I saw how they reworked it and I'm sad. It's actually easier to get sometimes, has a stronger effect, harder to track as killer (can't count hits), and there are no killers that now counter it.

Like god damn it...

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,173
    edited June 6

Yeah it's like a tiny nerf to activating it for a very large buff to its actual effect. It's still very easy to get active and it's overall a buff imo.

It's scary that they thought this was a nerf though.

• JAWS_BDSMJAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

Mettle of Man CAN`T MATCH WITH TOMBSTONE MYERS, MUHAHAHA

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793

That's cause killers let you and they play dumb to be honest, I played many times and many games it only went off once. I think you're exaggerating. To get it instantly you have to leave gens which means less gen pressure so killer will have more time anyway. There's only 6 opportunities for each survivor to get a hook save (2 non death hooks per survivor is 8 and you can't get stacks from unhooking yourself so 6) and killers leave the hooks so protection at the hook isn't common. For body blocking hooks when someone is trying to hook you have to be stalking them and not workin on a gen, actively following which once again means the killer has more time to chase because you waited and you as a survivor isn't applying gen pressure.

You also brought up camping, which is a very poor argument because you are still standing there and not doing a gen and someone is camping when many good killers don't camp. So your logic has several flaws, also because the most reliable way to get stacks is to pull of a hook and it takes 3 stacks everyone is less likely to get 3 stacks and since it isn't guarenteed to pop for all 4 survivors without them going out of their way I don't see how this is broken.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793

I played killer and there were times where mom didn't activate or it activated on one person either really early or late, sometimes 2 people. Pretty much never 3 people, unless you're a derp, you don't look around a hook etc. Also, infectious fright lets you slug and stops peeps from body blocking hooks and lets you keep up momentum.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,741
    edited June 6

Just from the gameplay I've seen, my issue is that it appears to be quite easy to get MoM ready to proc right when you need it (arguably easier than before). Just get one save + body block for two stacks, then wait on rescuing until Endgame when you can probably get the third stack on another save, and you + the person you save are probably home-free. Seems to work even better with BT so that just about any save will contribute toward MoM.

• VoxyldVoxyld Member Posts: 18

it's easier now than before to get MoM up and I think that's the problem. if you save with BT , likely 2 stacks at once. if you bodyblock the killer while he is carrying a surv, another ez stack , the best ? most likely the killer will not have the time to hook you and always find you immediately afterwards , so you can bodyblock, get ez token, heal yourself/get healed.

I don't know. The devs really don't know what a nerf is I think.

Same happened with the selfcare and heal "nerf" which made it take longer. People adapted and don't run selfcare as often and don't heal anyway. They rather do gens while being injured and genrush even harder which makes the games shorter. It's the complete opposite what they intended to.

I rather have a survivor selfcare for 24 seconds (old time) than 24 seconds sitting on a gen.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,802

It is a nerf. Getting protection hits and safe unhooks are not nearly as easy as just getting hit. The survivors will have to earn it.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

Good luck getting it work against good survivors. Horrible add ons in my opinion.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 3,985

Safe unhooks and the healthy trigger aren't making into the live version. So yeah

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,741

If I'm being honest, I would be okay with the healthy trigger if the condition to activate MoM was balanced. I just don't think "protection hits AND safe unhooks" was the correct condition.

Thank god! This is actually a great change. I hope they keep it.

• ChibanahChibanah Member Posts: 1
    edited June 6

I just can't understand why this perk provides invulnerability... this perk was supposed to protect survivors from getting insta downed. I think it is too much, when you get hit (exposed status or chainsaw), basically you are put into god mode, and you are not put even into injured status what maked this perk insanely overpowered!

My other problem with this perk that it has no counterperk or counterplay. Not long ago the devs said it is cool that basically every perk has counterperk or counterplay... wow so what is against MoM? Right now nothing...