The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf
This section is used to report issues on PS4 specifically.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

If this is an issue that occurs on all platforms, please post your report in the most fitting category instead.

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Dear Developers.. (VIDEO)

YohanYohan Member Posts: 146
edited May 28 in PS4

I am excessively frustrated and sick of getting stuck in trees.

This happened about 6 times so far, and they all cost me a lot.

Just now, I got stuck in a tree right before the last gen got finished. I could've escaped UNBROKEN; but the killer found me, I got hooked, I died.

It happens on different maps with different trees against different Killers. You cannot free yourself from the tree until you get picked up by the killer. Injury doesn't help, Dying State doesn't help, and teammates cannot help.

You just have no idea how frustrating it is when you can't move nearly the entire match until the killer finds you.

*Solo Survivor *Ps4

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-ZT720KA4

Post edited by Yohan on

Comments

• CallMeSpideyCallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

You're on PS4, post screenshots, record your gameplay.

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 865

Yeah I would like to see this too.

I'm on pS4 and I have never seen this.

• YohanYohan Member Posts: 146

Are they not aware of it? I already have a video but not yet on my computer.

• makaylamakayla Member Posts: 284

They pretty much have to be aware of it since there are multiple streamer compilation video things that have people getting stuck in trees (including killer) and I'm sure people have already reported it.

However, submitting your own reports doesn't hurt.

@makayla

Chances are they do; and I prefer posting here.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,537

Never encountered this before, sounds horrible.

• ba_tetsuoba_tetsuo Member Posts: 252

Had this happen in a pallet as killer on PC. posted my info to the bug forum. No response yet.

edited May 29

@ba_tetsuo

Neither have I gotten a response..

• Mystaria13Mystaria13 Member Posts: 325

@ba_tetsuo

This happens on ps4 too. I play both platforms but there's an easy way get yourself unstuck as the killer on either platform. When the survivors come find you have them vault back and forth on the pallet and keep doing it till you grab one and you'll be unstuck. It's very annoying to get stuck after you get stunned by a pallet but I've gotten myself out of it multiple times but injuring the surv and then grabbing them off the pallet. Of course I let everyone go after that because they helped me but I do hook them.

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 361

I have a lot of videos with bugs like this here. Only normal day in DBD

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 781
    edited June 4

Getting stuck in trees, and some other objects, has been happening since around the December patch, and happens on all platforms. If the killer gets stuck, the only way to get unstuck is to pickup a downed survivor. If a survivor gets stuck, the killer must down them and then pick them up. BHVR knows about it, but they have been unable to fix it. Who knows when it will be fixed, but they said it has something to do with edge detection.

P.S. As a work around, all BHVR needs to do is add a “nudge” feature that anyone can use, and would move them like 0.5m further away from the nearest tree (or object that they are closest to). It should probably have a cool down in case of some sort of abuse. WoW did this to address getting into places that you can’t get out of.

edited June 4

@Kaelum

They said they can't fix it?

Post edited by Yohan on
  • KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 781

@Yohan it’s not that they can’t fix it, as they most certainly can. It most likely has something to do with their spaghetti code. Fixing it would probably break many other things, that would also need to be fixed. It will probably get fixed when they rewrite this code in C++, as part of the performance improvements. Until then, we’ll be forced to live with it.