Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

My hopes for the Nurse "Rework"

Black_FenceBlack_Fence Member Posts: 217
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Edit because no one seems to be reading my post: I hope that killers that are considered "viable" at high ranks are nerfed so that all killers can be buffed and balanced around SWF without making 2 killers OP.

Original post:

I hope they Nerf her. I have 1700+ hours in game and sit at red ranks on both sides (Bubba's my boy though) and I have to say Nurse needs a nerf. So does Billy, and possibly spirit. I hate loading into a match and hearing a REeeeeeEe and seeing the "here we go again" meme in my head. The same with a Chainsaw rev. I am sick of loading into a game and hearing a Freddy and thinking "cleanse totems and we have an easy win" (side note from solo survivor plz totem counter perk or built in)

I want to fear every killer, I want all killers to have an equal footing so when survivors are inevitably buffed by MoM and other perks similar then all killers just receive a buff. I want Nurse to be nerfed so that killers can receive a buff without it making red ranks unplayable because the only buffs given make the 2 strongest killers even stronger.

Rework her to a point she is mid tier. Rework all the killers to mid tier so they can all be buffed simultaneously.

I know it won't happen but I can only hope for it. Having said that leave Bubba alone I don't care if he is e tier and you want him buffed they might accidentally nerf him while attempting to buff him.

Post edited by Black_Fence on

Comments

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2019

You can't make every killer mid tier then buff them simultaneously. Killers don't really scale to one another in the first place. Mid tier for Nurse could not even be a thing as in game development you don't develop or balance towards the concept of tiers. Tiers are a player categorization and aren't always in line with what you think should happen with a character.

So let's theory craft a bit: Getting Nurse to be a 'mid tier' killer.

You look at the base kit first, always look at the base kit since any changes to this gives the direction for everything else. We can scale her back to 1 blink at base, increase the fatigue time by say 1.5s and add power bar that needs to refill before she takes her next blink. To compensate we've got to increase her base movement speed to 115% or else she has no ability to chase. Now since she's actually able to walk we've got to give her the standard TR of 32m. At base now she's about average with a power spike on a very tight window rather than blinking as her movement. This means she now is susceptible to all the basic counterplay tools of survivors.

Lets do an addon pass. People want no omega blinks and no multiblinks, but remember the idea is to get her to 'mid tier' for players so we've got to invest something into her power than makes her still worthwhile without being overbearing. We can add an extra blink to get her back to two for her ultra rare. We can increase her range considerable while still only having one blink as a very rare. This also comes with longer fatigue and longer recharge. For rares we could have recharge and fatigue reduction. Uncommons can be weaker versions of rares and commons can be used for new players to have a range indicator to see how far they are gonna blink.

Now, theoretically the Nurse should be just about what most would consider mid tier. She doesn't really excel at anything too heavily, can be outplayed with the basic survivor counterplays, and has retains the skillcap. Now here is the question is mid tier Nurse still at an advantage over other killers in the mid tier? The answer is probably yes because as long as you know how to itemize and have the skill necessary you're still going to have better than average map pressure and still can defeat loops when you get ready to do so. A blink is still a blink no matter if she has 1 or 6 so the function is still just as good even if you draw the reigns in tightly. If you were hitting in one to two blinks already you'll still be doing that.

So, now the question is do you still end up with a higher amount of nurses than other killers? Probably yes also. She's taken multiple nerfs and managed to keep power so now the question is how do they solve the problem without A)Removing the current power entirely or B)Doing something so drastic to the current power that she becomes a high skill cap killer with low returns?

• ReneAenslandReneAensland Member Posts: 838

No. I haven't.

Only Hags I've faced were the "I'm going to place 20 traps and face camp you" at red ranks.

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,315
    edited June 2019

I love hearing Billy's rev, or the screech of a Nurse. They provide different styles of playing and offer a challenge.

What do needs a nerf regarding them?

OMEGAblink and Instasaw. The Nurse shouldn't blink so far with such minimal repercussions and same goes for Billy with those add ons. I'm surprised we've seen them in the game like this for so long without seeing nerfs to those add ons.

Also, why the hell is 5 blink Nurse still a thing in the game?

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 14,027

Billy is fine, so is Spirit and the only problem with nurse is her add-ons.

Insta-saw add-ons needs looked at too.

Not really, it takes two addons that aren't as easy to get as they should be most times and he has no ultra rares. Instasaw despite its name also isn't actually instant. It just makes the charge faster which in some cases can throw you off when trying to mindgame with saw charging at palettes.

@ReikoMori 5 blink and omega blink take two add-ons, neither of them are fine.

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 624

Maybe the problem is some of her add ons but the character THE NURSE don't deserve ANY nerf. She's the only killer who actually is viable against good survivors igaf

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Imagine you want to completely nerf Nurse while swf sweaty tryhards exists and still can dominate with optimal genrush.

Imagine you want to nerf [BAD WORD] Billy, by majority the most balanced killer in the game who still gets stomped against the most optimal swf groups.

Your 1700+ hrs are worth [BAD WORD] imo, you haven't understand the absolute basics of DbD in the extreme scenarios.

Nerfing Billy....ha, yeah sure. Get the F out of here pls.

They aren't fine due to having such a huge impact on the game, but instasaw creates nowhere near that sort of impact. Yeah you get to charge faster, but you don't get a speed increase, turning control increase, longer reach, or anything else like that.

The most you get besides the faster charge is less stun on terrain bumps and less overall noise from the saw. Billy would still down you just as easily if you're at the range where the instasaw really comes into play. You'd just move a few steps further and if you weren't going to make it to a palette or get the juke with one you're usually not gonna get it with the other.

I can actually see a case for multiblink and omega blink even though I disagree with a lot of the suggestions people have proposed which usually come to "No more than one blink and it made just have her fatigue less? I dunno just nerf her so I don't see her as much."

• Black_FenceBlack_Fence Member Posts: 217

Amazing you missed every point I was trying to make. I didn't say without compensation, nor did I say without buffs either. I would rather then nerf the 2 killers that are almost always seen at high ranks to make them on par with other killers SO THAT THEY CAN BUFF THE OTHER KILLERS.

The whole point in this post is that at high ranks there are hardly any viable killers because as you said everyone else gets stomped on (although you clearly haven't faced a good hag) I don't want them to get stomped on but at the moment the Devs can't buff killers without the two most viable killers getting a buff that they don't need. I would rather all the killers be at Nurse and Billy's level but that isn't going to happy so my post was about bringing down the most viable killers to make the other killers more viable with killer wide buffs.

• Black_FenceBlack_Fence Member Posts: 217

Again did you read my post? I want the killers that are viable to be nerfed so that they are on equal footing with the other killers so buffs can be made that make ALL KILLERS STRONGER. We shouldn't have 2 killers that dominate at high ranks it makes gameplay stale really quickly when you see the same [BAD WORD] over and over. Nerf the best killers to buff all killers as a whole although SWF will never be balanced it can't be balanced without solo survivors being nerfed somehow which would suck for a majority of the player base.

Example: I take bond so I can get healed, if I played with friends all I would have to say is "meet at killer shack" and I get a whole new perk slot opened up.

• NeaJovovichNeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

Why is 5 blink Nurse still a thing in the game?

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

There is no need to buff all killers after nerfing Billy and Nurse (and maybe spirit).

After that Survivors just need to be nerfed -- in particular looping needs to be reworked. This would put the game in a better state.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,302
    edited June 2019

Devs mentioned that they are going to buff bubba

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

you guys are cute lol. do you really think they gonna touch base nurse while swf is in the game? bhvr is not 100% stupid. also mclean already confirmed long time ago on his stream that the only change nurse is going to get are her addons. same with billy btw. so come down kids and learn to play against her, you had 3 years.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Yeah I did and it's one if the most ridiculous and stupid post I read for a while.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920

@Kenshin Blind trust for a developer with a poor track record.. We'd be the ones who're stupid if we believed they'd not touch base Nurse as well as her add-ons.

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

Spirit: No. Only some of her addons (Prayer Beads, possible slight reductions on wakazashi + amulet)

Billy: Hell no, this man should never have his base kit nerfed. Tons of counterplay to be had. However instasaw is dumb and braindead, should definitely be nerfed.

Nurse: Okay ya. This lady is way overdue for a nerf, and her extra blink + range addons should be gutted.

• KaoMinervaKaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

I find it funny how you guys only want the threatening killers nerfed for some reason.

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,315

The fact that a no-add on Nurse is still the best Killer in the game compared to Killers with add on (Spirit + Prayer Beads is arguable for this slot) screams her add ons (and only her add ons) need a nerf imo