The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why safe unhooks should stay for MoM

In your recent Q&A you guys said you would remove safe unhooks to count towards MoM. The perk will literally become useless if 3 protection hits are needed. Intentionally injuring myself 3 times while the killer is carrying a survivor for a potential extra heal state is the worst trade off ever. The unhooks, contrary to what you guys said, doesn't make it too easy to get MoM, here's why: There are a total of 8 unhooks available per game(max). For each individual survivor, there are only 6 possible unhooks. Since each MoM needs 3 unhooks, this means that there can only be a MAX of two MoMs per game, and thats assuming that the same 2 survivors go for unhooks each time. If the survivors split the unhooks, MoM wont work. If anything, unhooks should count towards MoM, and protection hits shouldn't. ( since the protection hit mechanic is buggy either way.) PLEASE rethink this and consider what I said @Peanits @not_Queen @McLean

Comments

• FTSAFTSA Member Posts: 33

TLDR: make safe unhooks count, make protection hits not count.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,885

Clearly the correct solution is to make it so that only UNsafe hooks count. No safe hooks aloud /s

• SkidSkid Member Posts: 15
    edited June 7

Just going to be another dead perk. Pretty annoyed that I legitimately bought Ash for it only to be useless. I think it does need some work but the way they think is ridiculous.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

You'll see more times Monstrous Shrine than MoM if you need 3 protection hits

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,368
    edited June 7

Imo it should stay, but only one stack at a time, so safe unhook + protection hit can't be stacked together

EG if you already got Safe unhook stack, you can't get safe protection hit for 60 seconds

If you got safe protection hit stack, you can't get safe unhook for 60 seconds

Then it will be balanced

I am a Killer main btw

• ChiChi Member Posts: 761

Yeah, the way they are intending to release it now, will kill the perk entirely. It doesn't really make sense to me.

Maybe they are just going to rely on Ash as a character selling? Even though he now has dog [BAD WORD] perks.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,278

No one has used Monstrous Shrine since year one. That is probably the single worst perk in the game. MoM wishes it get nerfed to the level of Shrine.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I think 2 protection hits is the best possible solution

• ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 323

I play killer and felt MoM needed to be nerfed, but I agree that Safe unhooks shoul;d count, MoM original reason for being OP was the potential to see 4 a game, Safe unhooks pretty much remove that possiblity from the game. It might be easier for an indvidual survivor to get MoM to trigger, but for multiples it becomes much harder, its stronger for solo play but loses effectivness in high rank swf, which was where it was imbalanced in the first place.

It proccing while healthy and blocking insta-downs though? That was un-needed, considering that a Myers could be saving a t3 for most of the game to waste it on MoM or it could hard counter things like haunted grounds/devour/myc. (Imagine getting 3 stacks of dh, hitting mom and then the totems being deleted before you catch up to them again, sad times. )

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 904

no, no and no. bye

I dont think you read my post then, 4x MoM wouldnt be possible with my suggestion

• solo_survivorsolo_survivor Member Posts: 36

MoM is too weak.

Please refund.

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 749

Yes as it is right now in ptb is perfect. Should go live

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,521
    edited June 7

"Since each MoM needs 3 unhooks"

Not how it was initially implemented in the PTB. It was possible to get two stacks from one unhook: Unhook while the Killer is near and get hit by body blocking to get the first stack from a protection hit, and the unhooked Survivor would run off for a Safe Rescue and give you a second stack. So you could get MoM active with only two unhooks pretty easily.

• solo_survivorsolo_survivor Member Posts: 36
    edited June 7

MoM was too weak.

I would like to get a refund.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,499

Ding this perk 😉

• AStupidMonkeyyAStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Surprisingly, I'm usually against survivors asking for buffs for perks because its usually ridiculous since I play both but the safe unhook for MOM seems fair to me. I play more killer but I don't think it would hurt that much AND it could create moments where you might see 2 people at a hook creating a moment where you can hurt multiple survivors. I like that idea. It forces survivors to get off gens sooner to get it before someone else.

• GrazoxGrazox Member Posts: 42
    edited June 7

I am of one of two minds.

On the one hand, Endurance is really, really strong for Survivors. Requiring the Killer to take three hits to down a Survivor instead of 2 is almost at the same level as pre-nerf Decisive Strike. (almost because DS additionally wasted time with the pick up animation) It also disproportionally punished M1 Killers, which make up the vast majority of the lower tiers.

On the other hand, protection hits can be hard to come by and safe unhooks discourage braindead plays. The ability for it to take effect even while not injured also equalized the playing field between M1 and M2 Killers. There's also the minor downside of wallhacks until you're hooked.

Conclusion: Keep it limited to protection hits but allow it to function while healthy. M2 Killers won't invalidate theperk but Survivors have to really work for their invulnerability. Consider lowering the protection requirement to 2.

which is why i suggested removing the protection hits requirement bud :)

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209
    edited June 8

Unhooks are way too easy to get to warrant you an i-frame, it should be removed / replaced by something more fair, it punishes the killer for NOT tunneling wich is the complete opposite of what survs perks should do, and the opposite of what the game is around.

• skillchecksskillchecks Member Posts: 109

Yeah, i agree. Nobody is taking 3 protection hits , especially if they're playig in solo q . Not to mention that most of the killers now run Sloppy butcher or/and tanat - AND protection hits are buggy right now.

• PeepingPeacockPeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

The unhooks giving tokens encouraged tunneling as counter play, protection hits are a way better idea for stacking mom.

• EnviouSLAYEnviouSLAY Member Posts: 196

survivors arent allowed to have a perk to help them in any way don't you know? you have to not do gens and hide in the grass because if you get found by the killer its your duty as a survivor to go down and die on hook. #thecommunityinanutshell

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 323

The safe unhooks don't matter if you camp :D

• M1ghtyM4xM1ghtyM4x Member Posts: 81

They took away the safe unhooks cause MoM was intended to get a nerf during this chapter since everyone was running it and it was a bit too powerful. with the protective hits it makes it viable but makes you work for it. Safe unhooks arent that hard to get really. And they want you to have to be able to get hit for it to activate so it would defeat the purpose of nerfing the perk to make it proc without having to take a hit.