Something's strange about the next chapter...

What is a "win" to you?

Comments

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 411
    edited June 7

I started having fun when i switched my messages to 'friends only' and stopped worrying about what other people thought about my playstyle as either survivor or killer. I actually find it more fun to try out new killers without having to worry about the salt you get whether you win or lose. Yeah I know i suck the first time round playing a killer, fairly sure i don't need confirmation from people.

Other than that, anything non toxic from either side, that makes me laugh, I consider that a win, because it's a game, and while I appreciate people should be allowed to have a competitive attitude towards it, I simply don't.

• OakLestatOakLestat Member Posts: 125

I'm a Killer Main (80% of my games are killer)

3k is a win. That doesn't mean I can't have a fun match if I only kill 1 or 2 but I didn't win.

As a survivor an escape through a doorway is a personal win. But for a survivor team win you need to get 2 people out.

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 566

Gates opened: Survivors win

Gates closed: Killer wins

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,033

As killer it's more about knowing i did well. If i get a 2k against a SWF team then i'l be happy, but against a bunch of rank 20's id probs be very sad.

As for survivor purely depends again on how well i think i've done. If i die early on i'l be very annoyed

• drunky26drunky26 Member Posts: 658

Being chased for 5 gens only to die to a noed killer and lose 1 pip.

It's a win for me ;)))

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,532

I would personally like a win to be "the game tells you that you win."

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 566

Killer wins for hatch escapes. Its a quick way to end the game, it doesn't feel like a true, earned escape.

• thejanitorthejanitor Member Posts: 2

A “win”for me is escape. Just because i won though doesn’t mean it was fun and visa versa. Win or lose is secondary to “was this match worth the 15 minute wait to play”. If I get insta hooked first thing and then die having spent more time waiting for the match than playing, I’m annoyed or upset. If I get to participate in the match, contribute to someone else’s escape, and/or get over 30k BP I am very happy even if I do not escape. If I do escape and do got to actually play the game, I am thrilled. probably screaming or laughing as I escape.

• PalletOrWhatPalletOrWhat Member Posts: 111

imo: pip = win

• JespJesp Member Posts: 192
    edited June 7

I guess it falls under "have a good game", with some special exceptions depending on what build I'm using.

If I'm running Devour Hope I've already won in my mind if I get to mori a single survivor with it for example, and if I get 4 stacks of BBQ&Chili I might still lose, but the defeat sure tastes like a win in the end 😄

For survivor I often sacrifice myself to save someone else, but if I'm running a plundering build you better believe I'm out of there if I found something nice. I guess I indirectly play for pips as survivor as trying to do multiple things (saves, gens, chase, stealth and so on) tends to give decent emblems and BP.

Bottom line is I'd much rather have a game with lots of action and kill 2 survivors than get a 4k with 5 gens up because they just rushed the hook and all got smacked down, just like I'd rather die as a survivor with 20k points than annihilate a killer I clearly outmatch and get 11k points.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member Posts: 982

Having fun and memeing with the killer

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,277
    edited June 7

I like to get survivors killed or sacrificed by any means necesary, I don't care if the Entity gets displeased or not. But my ultimate prize is getting a salty comment from a dead survivor in my Steam profile. That means I made someone so mad, angry and miserable that they wasted time writing those hatefull words trying to cleanse themselves from those feelins to no avail. I call those "My trophies" <3

I like to escape as a survivor, I am not very good at it ;-)

• sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 428
    edited June 7

Survivor its escaping and as killer its getting a 4k or 3k.

• dragobvdragobv Member Posts: 47

4 bbq stacks i could care less if they escaped

• liviu1911liviu1911 Member Posts: 125

well i don't know for sure... depends how i feel at the time when i play. sometimes i have fun only being first killed as survivor , or playing billy and being bad at nurse... :))) sometimes i play just one match then i close the game for 3-4 days...(yes, i have fun by not playing the game sometimes.... sometimes minecraft is better <3 )

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 51

4 tokens of bbq or wglf~

• PennosukePennosuke Member Posts: 29
    edited June 7

Got at least 1 pip or got more than 50k bloodpoints per round = win

• AStupidMonkeyyAStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Great chases and mindgames coupled with lots of BPs. It's what I love most about the game.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

3+ kills as killer or 3+ escapes (does not have to include myself) as survivor

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 723
    edited June 7

3k or 4k is a win. 2k is a draw. 1k or less is a loss. If I got hit with multiple MoM or Adrenalines and got 1k, I don't really beat myself up too much over it because those perks are broken when multiple survivors have them together in the same trial. I don't care about pips because it entirely depends on what killer I chose to use. I depip on a 3k half of the time with Trapper.

• SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,105

As a killer getting 25k points + all my bbq stacks. Dont care if the survivors escape or not i just want my time to be worth it.

Same goes for when i play survivor. I dont care if i live or die. If i can get all of my WGLF stacks + 20k - 25k points i am happy.

Points are all that matter to me. I will be pretty upset if i dont get enough points to make my time worth it.

• DoubleTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 218

Wrecking a 4 man SWF sweat fest then ignoring them in post game chat for a good 5 minutes while they rage, then simply say.

'k'

And close the lobby.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Adrenaline is broken aswell nowadays? Come on lad lol

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 723

"those perks are broken when multiple survivors have them together in the trial". As in, when survivor A has MoM, Adrenaline, etc., and survivor B has MoM, Adrenaline, etc., and so forth.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 823

Competitively, at least one pip.

Casually, successfuly having fun. It's harder the higher you climb.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 8,049

Fun

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 2,759

Ok everyone who's saying that winning is "having fun" or "playing well" or whatever. That may sound great and all but inevitably makes absolutely no sense as a wincondition. Like try applying that logic to other games.

In league of legends if I have fun then did I win? If so then does having more fun than the other team mean I should get the prize money from a tournament even if they destroyed our base every time? If so then clearly all of these tournaments are doing it wrong and everyone is lying/wrong about their win/loss records. If not then dead by daylight wouldn't be any different. And if "that's different" then prove it.

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 219

As a survivor: being in a scenario in which whatever stupid meme build I'm using actually does what it's supposed to do (even if I still end up dying)

As a killer: Getting t-bagged for less than 100 crouches