Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I can't take those who don't play both sides enough seriously

2»

Comments

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

While I've certainly played both killer and survivor, I've played much more killer.

That however, does not mean I don't know how to balance something. Whenever I write an argument for something, I try to be as unbiased as possible. When writing for a specific killer, I try to find ways that can balance them.

I am not a survivor main, but I can see things from both sides. I can understand when a survivor needs something to add their attempts for survival. I am one of the few who felt MoM was not as bad as many claimed, sure, it can be annoying when EVERYONE has it equipped, but it's a tool to be used.

Anyways, I see your points.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

What is the latest news on the MoM nerf? What does it look like now?

• FogNoobFogNoob Member Posts: 115

Some people are actually calling it a buff, because now it counters NOED. But I do think it's in a good place.. now it encourages you to take protection hits and doing safe hook rescues.

On the other hand it also encourages the killer to go after the unhooked survivor just to deny the safe unhook... so there's that.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112
    edited June 2019

In my experience I’ve always had an easier time as killer (even at R1) but now I don’t play as much and don’t hit R1 anymore.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

IMHO killer mains need to play survivor... SOLO SURVIVOR... up to rank 1 (not red ranks, RANK 1) if they want to be a better killer. It seems to me that a lot of killers complain about things survivors do and don't get how to counter them or generate pressure properly. They might THINK that they do, but unless you have the ability to think like a survivor you will have a hard time. Tracking, chasing, objectives, you have to know how the survivor thinks and plays before you can really be a threat.

Likewise playing killer to red ranks will make you a better survivor. Just to understand the killer's perspective is enough to make you a better survivor. But then knowing what the killer is thinking at any given time helps a lot too. And it would give survivors a better understanding of the game as a whole, because sometimes things just happen a certain way it's not explicitly the killer being toxic with camping/tunneling.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 946

The stupid fun part is, most of the issues with killers and survivors can be cleared if you put in some time to learn the other side too.

I simply don't get it why people rather complain than just try and figure thing out in their own.

Having trouble playing against survivors?

Play some survivors, it will teach you, how you perceive the game and what are the typical reaction of a survivor.

Having trouble against a killer?

Play that killer for a while and you will learn what and why works for them and what counters the killer and it's powers.

You will learn and improve so much!

Today I had a match as the hag and got flammed for toxic play. But non of the survivors ever crouched to avoid the traps while unhooking. So the piled up in the basement...a hags dream.

(No ruin or similar, just Franklin's against the 3 toolboxes)

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Well, most people who claim "they play both sides" are usually biased as all hell towards one side.

So... yeah.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Playing the other side definitely helps.

But in this case those survivors were just potatos who didn't learn the game. You don't need to play Hag to learn that. I don't even have hag unlocked but I understand how to counter her.