Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Nurse NERF? Stupid Move!🤦

Comments

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,302

You dont really get it do you they making her more viable for both sides right now shes just powerfull since most of them use the omegablink or 3 blink those needs to be removed and thats it dont get too crazy about cuz most players play her

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

Nurse can be broken, but her addons need more attention than the Nurse’s power itself.

period.

So OMEGABLINK and other stuff is gone, because that stuff is frustrating to against.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Don't you see you are cursed??? Stop playing Mikey or they will nerf him next! Play Leatherface instead please

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819
  • CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,157

Legions job was to split pain and maximize points. They do both exceedingly well. 4k? No. But you dint need a 4k every game to enjoy playing it. Well, *I* dont.

• AsheruSwiftwindAsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 125

So OMEGABLINK and other stuff is gone, because that stuff is frustrating to against.

Second change perks are frustrating on the killers side when they stack them. Do you see why you need to look at something from both POV rather than just 1 side of the issue? Exhaustion instantly resets after your off the hook so all those second chances are now options on top of MoM, BT, Adrenaline, and so on. See how this works both sides can point stuff out but unless you have a suggestion to balance it your just complaining and demanding nerfs. I agree that Nurse needs some changes but nerfing her will only bring Billy to top tier play. After the map changes where loops are smaller I would be interested in seeing them look at Nurse in a balance way but just nerfing her to bring her in line with the lower tier killers only rather than some nerfs and some changes isn't the direction to go.

• KaoMinervaKaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Just like LOOPING is frustrating. Gen rush, ex hex cleanse, etc but what have the devs done? Nothing. They won't erase looping, they won't fix hex and they refuse to do something to stop this gen rush. It's a damn shame a perk is MANDATORY to gain some kind of momentum. Even if it's 10s stall, ruin has done it's job!

• ReneAenslandReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Why haven't we received some kind of feedback on this matter?

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

They don't care about killers. Every time they present stuff its always presented for survivors. Killers are always an afterthought, changes made for killers benefit take a long time if they ever even come.

They actively will not make changes that will upset survivors even if it meant putting game balance in a much healthier state. Just look at gens, can't increase the time cause its too boring to hold m1 any longer, but they dont do anything to help alleviate the issue. Everyone is using ruin and thats just fine, they think its good design for a single perk to be used so much.

I juat believe they don't want to scare off the average player who dies to nearly everything. Someone said it best that killers are just meant for entertainment, were getting close to being npc's in a video game. Designed to be defeated.

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,084

I agree with every single point you make accept for your overall one, as the nurse is OP, and nothing else you said argued against that

• EguzkyEguzky Member Posts: 173
    edited June 2019

All the Devs care about is $$$, and that means the cash shop, which means they want the majority to buy things and be happy.

..And there's 4 Survivors to every Killer, which makes them the majority.

Think about it; the Trappers beartraps had (and might still have) a bug to float at head height for YEARS..and the devs were fixing cosmetics first. This shows where their priorities lie.

This is no longer Dead By Daylight: In DBDL, 1 Survivor leaving would be Bad. 2 would be Baseline. 3 would be Good. 4 would be 'Damn! I can't believe we actually pulled it off!'

This is Boo! Haunted House: 3-4 Survivors always get away, because no one gets hurt in a haunted house! The Workers(Killers) are there to scare you and guide you to the Exits. If you get hurt, fill out this little form whining about what happened and we'll fire(nerf) that Killer right away, Sir! Be sure to check out the Gift Shop(Cosmetics Store) before you leave!

• CallMeSpideyCallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Agreed. It'll be a stupid move to touch the only killer to knock down that SWF. I tend to play with Spirit, but when I see a group of 4 spawn at once with Flashlights and Medkits, I know a killer like Spirit will struggle a bit, but my Nurse will get those kills.

She's needed and maybe some addons needs a look at, but she, herself should not be touched.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,681

They said Nurse is on their radar. This created fear of a nerf, I'm pretty fearful myself :P

• VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 801

Quoting one of the devs? Because they said just that and got a huge uproar about it when asked if they where doing anything about how stressful it is to play killer. Because if this is going to apply to killer, survivors should have a frustrating time too don't you think? And maybe some low ranks do, but when you actually learn to play as survivor its really easy and pretty much stress free. And most of the time your just on a generator being chill. As a killer you have to constantly be doing something, every second your not is more generator progression that your not stopping. And most killers don't have the tool to put pressure on even the smallest maps, not to mention the current trend of making gigantic maps that are nigh impossible to put any pressure on unless you play really boring and just camp three gens for the whole game, and thats not even a guarantee.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,398

When it comes to going against the cream of the crop Nurse is the only killer that can handle those teams... and even then if a team like the depip squad went in with the intention of just escaping not even a 5 blink nurse can handle it...

Nerfing nurse would be a terrible idea shes one of the few killers where as you play her you get rewarded which is what this game needs more of if there were more killers that rewarded for skill and not just chase sim then nurse wouldnt beas common in red ranks... this game will go downhill imo a lot of killers love nurse because she was implemented to counter looping which is still terrible to this day...

• JespJesp Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2019

They mentioned Nurse when talking about killer "updates" and how their add-ons were changed, and considering they've mentioned it before in a similar way iirc it just seems like they'll change her add-ons if you ask me. Sounds good to me as she has a LOT of add-ons that very rarely see use because they have icky downsides (-1 blink and harsh charge speed/range penalties suck to deal with), meanwhile omegablink's "downside" doesn't even do anything at all.

If anything I'm more curious what they meant when they mentioned the "chainsaw bros". Does that just mean reduce the effectiveness of "instasaw" combos or something, or will Bubba finally get more add-ons he doesn't share with Billy?

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2019

Wraith and Pig can be good if played by good players.

Plague gets punished by Survivors not cleansing, but at the end of the day, they are 1-hit down for the whole game.

When did I say mastering looping should make you survive every game? Of course it shouldn't. It's not very good for balance when you have a character that can completely disregard everything the Survivors have and get 4ks just cause you managed to master her. But yeah, there aren't many good Nurses left.

Sorry bud, but you lost me at "even elite survivors would smash you with FMT". Yeah... no. If you got destroyed with the old FMT, combined with all the Killer meta perks, you need to git gud. Honestly.

This game has 15 killers. And all can do well in Rank 1, because Rank 1 isn't populated by good Survivors at all. It's populated by people who are dumb enough to go there, aka new players, cause it's insanely easy to rank up.

• ChiChi Member Posts: 774

A lot of people find them better now. It just takes a bit of thinking now to use them.

• ChiChi Member Posts: 774

A lot of people find them better now. It just takes a bit of thinking now to use them.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

Yeah we all dumb and can't think. Legion is S tier.

• lunaticlifterlunaticlifter Member Posts: 348

Her add ons sure needs to be reworked, any noob with nurse even on console can do well just by using range or more blinks.. i'm talking as someone who got way too many hours with nurse.. for toucing her base power i think just like this:

They will make weaker loops while adding a secondary objective? fine bring the nurse at spirit level while giving her 20 seconds cooldown power bar, 3-4-5 seconds fatigue ( based on 1 blink, 2 blink, 2 blink + hit) 110% movement speed, she will still be the strongest killer in the game

They don't? Base Nurse is fine, she can still lose against good survivors or swf, who genrush the hell out of you, especially in some maps like corn or lery.

If it were a few months ago I'd agree with you but it's not.. bhvr made it more difficult to rank up thus the lesser competent survivors are not wearing red anymore so not all killers are viable at rank 1...

• ReneAenslandReneAensland Member Posts: 838
  • lunaticlifterlunaticlifter Member Posts: 348

@ReneAensland trust me, unless it's a 10 hours nurse, omegablinks, will make a decent/bad nurse looks good even on console.. we know about the fps issues, but since the latest pacht, more nurses are coming out on ps4, most of them running range add ons, even only the yellow one wich i consider yet op.

Nah ... I dont feel you have too much experience on console.... I've only ever played DBD on ps4 I've invested well over a thousand hours into the game and been playing few months before pig dropped.... I've only ever seen 1 nurse that was somewhat competent... since the optimization is still bad for the killers nurse is hit harder because of how shes intended to be played... she cant turn like she can on PC during blink, the fps just gives you headaches while playing her,

Shes prettymuch nonexistent... the only nurses I ever see are just doing dailies

This discussion has been closed.