Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Plague needs love and attention.

Comments

• ReneAenslandReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Agreed, she becomes a Huntress character after that, still being able to loop her and avoid her but it gives her a fair chance.

Great idea.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 2,149

They eventually cleanse. My problem with her is:

1. It takes too long to break people.

2. If you choose to make them sick, not break them and then down them it doesn't spread the sickness if they are saved/healed.

I'm not saying this should be her only change but I think if they do this it would help more than you realise.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,289

Yeah and even with her Corrupted Purge she is still quite loopable against good survivors.

"1. It takes too long to break people."

I actually think they should have made her a playstyle where she just infects people and then leaves to keep spreading it. The whole, puke into them until broken and then M1 playstyle is bad design imo.

"2. If you choose to make them sick, not break them and then down them it doesn't spread the sickness if they are saved/healed."

Well you have to spread it yourself. I get the play style change you want and I would like that as well. I'd rather it take longer to get them into broken but spread easier and with survivors being more forced to cleanse.

I dont mind that play style of trying to break them first but I always feel forced to do it because her points are so bad you need to do it that way.

I think they should get a debuff while sick but the thing that annoys me more is when someone saves a sick survivor from the hook but not get sick themselves. Also doing a gen with a sick survivor but also not getting sick. Healing sick survivors again the same thing. I just don't understand why this isn't already changed.

edited June 2019

The reason her point gain is so extremely low is because she isn't getting to use her power in the games because of survivors not cleansing. You'll notice when you finally get a game with some potatoes that cleanse she actually gets great points. It's her poor design stopping survivors from cleansing and letting her use her power that is killer her point gain.

"I think they should get a debuff while sick but the thing that annoys me more is when someone saves a sick survivor from the hook but not get sick themselves"

Yeah I'd like a base 15% gen repair slow while infected.

The only times a rescuer doesn't get infected is because the person on the hook wasn't fully broken from the infection. I do agree it should infect them regardless though.

"Also doing a gen with a sick survivor but also not getting sick. Healing sick survivors again the same thing"

Yeah that's happening for the same reason as above and I agree it should change.

"I just don't understand why this isn't already changed."

It's because the devs don't realize her bad design. They are only looking at their kill stats to determine if she needs changes and since she "supposedly" has high kills (which I find hard to believe) at rank 1 they think she's fine.

Not only do I doubt she has those kills at rank 1, those stats are flawed by so many factors that they don't take into account, making them near worthless in terms of determining balance.

They also need to take into account her fun factor. The fact that survivors don't cleanse means she's never getting to use her power and just M1ing all game and that is NOT fun.

I'd say her non viability and lack of fun is pretty unanimously agreed by the community when we look at this discussions current upvotes as well. I haven't seen this many up votes on a post in quite a very long time and I spend too much time on these forums.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,966

True, but it would increase the viability a bit. I often have to make a bad choice between spreading the sickness early or actually downing and hooking people early in the game. If I choose the former, there are too many pallets up and no pressure with 3 gens left. If I choose the latter, I don't have enough people Broken and I still don't have Corrupt Purge, but at least I have some hooks. Either way, usually boring.

I'd say that's a bit strong with 15%. I got her to P3, played over 100 games with her and at red ranks she just isn't strong enough. Especially if you try to break them first without add-ons it takes too much time. Survivors shouldn't need to be broken to spread any of the sickness.

Her points are so bad I cant believe it. Since I love points more than winning I just be sick on everything, even if no one is around just for the points and it still isn't enough. If you run into a plague on ps4 just spinning around being sick on stuff it's probably me lol

Yea I'm on these forums way too long also, though I like to look at the fan creations most and recently the in-game cosmetic contest.

"Especially if you try to break them first without add-ons it takes too much time. Survivors shouldn't need to be broken to spread any of the sickness."

I just don't think the spam puke into the survivor then M1 down is good design. I'd rather increase how easily the infection spreads like you were wanting and make her playstyle encourage spreading the infection more than tunneling into 1 guy.

The 15% slow down is just compensating for the time you waste spreading the infection instead of pounding into 1 guy and for the time they aren't wasting having to heal.

Hypothetically with the changes I mentioned earlier you'd be downing them with her Corrupted Purge a lot more so you wouldn't need the Vile purge into them until broken combo as much. I think this play style is also much more fun for the survivor.

"Her points are so bad I cant believe it. Since I love points more than winning I just be sick on everything, even if no one is around just for the points and it still isn't enough. If you run into a plague on ps4 just spinning around being sick on stuff it's probably me lol"

Yeah I usually do the same lol

Like I was saying I originally thought her point gain was bad as well until I realized that it was only bad because she wasn't getting to use her power because no one was cleansing. Once people start cleansing she starts getting a normal amount of blood points compared to most killers.

Yeah I mean I'd still take this change as it makes more sense thematically and she just needs whatever buffs she can get. I like it.

I think this change along with the other things I mentioned would put her in a good spot. I don't know if she'd be quite rank 1 viable yet but it would at least be quite a large boost.

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Now that Freddy is getting completely reworked it seems, ie. losing pretty much all familiarity to his current iteration, I think it might be interesting if Plague’s power:

Revealed the auras of sick survivors. She cannot see survivors when they are within 16 m of a fountain.

Her terror radius automatically increases the rate of infection.

Had a base penalty of 16% to all action speeds, and it takes survivors an additional 4% for every 10 seconds sick.

Broken survivors not only incur a 50% action speed penalty, exhaustion AND hindered penalty, but they have 10 seconds to get to a fountain or enter the dying state.

Basically salvage most of the good parts of Freddy and bestow them to Miss Plague.

Her Black Essence add on could now allow her Corrupt Purge to poison gens and objects - survivors who interact with them will get injured.

I mean, I want her buffed, but this would be completely broken lol

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Injured , sickness state should have penalty in every action until heal again.

Maybe not all of those suggestions together, but since Freddy is essentially getting scrapped, there’s now “room” for aura reading in a tracker killer. And I think that The Plague should definitely have an interactive terror radius since she literally spreads the Plague.

Anyways, even if I got a little carried away, since Plague allows survivors to bypass healing, her being a little strong wouldn’t be the Worst Thing To Happen.

edited June 2019

I agree I'd like her to work similar to Freddy's old play style of trying to micromanage all the survivors. I personally love that play style. Not to mention it fits Plague thematically.

I had an idea I mentioned earlier of maybe her Black Essence baseline but only while infected and broken. Then we give a 15% repair speed debuff for being sick and every minute a random fountain will become corrupted.

They could even slightly increased the time to become broken while infected if need be. This would encourage Plague to spread the sickness and move on instead of just tunneling into 1 guy.

I’m genuinely curious at where this thread stands in regards to topic popularity. Most topics have a hundred or more views but 4.5 THOUSAND seems pretty hefty.

I really hope that in spite of what has been said, the devs are reconsidering their position.

For real.

I haven't seen this many up votes on a post in quite a long time. I hope the devs really take a look at this and realize that the community disagrees with them and that they might have made a mistake.

Even the survivors think she's weak.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

being injured/broken just needs to have a downside (and no, being injured against a dull m1 killer with no power when survivors can deny it by not cleansing is NO downside) thats why gen rush against her happens even more. and now they doing the same [BAD WORD] again with ghostface: giving the survivor the control of the killers power. [BAD WORD] me

And I am actually pretty proud that this thread has been civil, respectful, intelligent, and positive throughout in regards to both criticizing Plague’s state and addressing devs.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 305

Considering Freddy is no longer a stalling killer how about giving the Plague his slowdown mechanic for broken survivors?

• SkaraokSkaraok Member Posts: 34

Seems like a lot of players have abandoned Plague entirely, gone back to their mains or playing survivor.

I think I see more Clowns than I do Plagues and we never see Clowns.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

We need plague buffs and we need it now

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,120

She is top tier

She could be but right now she’s circling bottom tier with Leatherface. Only Ghostface is worse off than she is and that’s a whole other banana.

The good news is she has the bones and structure to get to top tier with some love and attention. But make no mistake, she doesn’t even come close to Nurse, Billy, or Spirit.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,120
    edited June 2019

I play R1 LF without perks or add ons ez (I was in a downvote contest with a friend, I lost disregard this.)