The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

Do you think that nurse should be reworked?

PierpallePierpalle Member Posts: 23
edited June 8 in Killers

I am currently rank 5 playing only nurse as a killer. I have only 200 hours game time on pc plus other 200 hours on ps4. I think I am really talented with her even if I have a very few hours in the game, if you consider that godlike nurses have at least 1000+ hours. This is not my impression or ego, a friend of mine who plays rank 3 both survivor and killer said that I am really good, but he thinks that nurse is overpowered (and I, as the 90% of dbd players, agree with) but he also says she should be reworked. I personally don't agree because she's a very hard killer to play and you always lose when yuou begin to play her. Furthermore I don't think nurse players will like a rework because it will change the feeling you have while playing her. I think that she should have at most 2 blink or maybe 3, only with an ultra rare addon. I also suggest to increase the rarity of the addons of the omega blink because they're devastating.

Overall I think the nurse should stay in the game, because she's the only one that can punish godlike survivors in all situations. Also if you are a really strong survivor you can learn to counter her a bit.

I'd like the opinion of godlike nurses and godlike survivors.

Best Answers

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Posts: 667
    Accepted Answer

A lot of people say addon only, which I respect, but I completely disagree. Her power is broken by definition. Rework for sure.

And I mean yeah... extra blink + extra range addons are just completely broken, they should not exist in their current state.

Answers

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 111

I do not think nurse should be reworked. Shes very strong but takes skill. That is how every killer should be. I know high rank sucks on pc but what Im saying is that all the weak killers should be top tier. Hell every killer should be top tier.

• DrazenDrazen Member Posts: 130

the only crutch killers have is nurse while survivors have like infinite

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 847

She needs to be reverted back to how she was initially.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,113
    edited June 9
  • PeepingPeacockPeepingPeacock Member Posts: 287

Nurse is fine, no rework needed.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 6,474

I guess you also want entity blockers removed? Same thing since old nurse wasn’t balanced and no entity blocker wasn’t either.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 610

She needs a full add-on rework and maybe a nerf to her lunges would be nice.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 2,832
  • VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 289

A few tweaks, yes. Full rework, no.

Sally is in a good place. She is unbelievably hard to master, but once you do, she can be a force to be reckoned with. Dead by Daylight is supposed to be an asymmetrical game. The Killer is supposed to be the power role. Sally is one of the few that actually is.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 294

Her op addons-yes

Base kit-No

Reworking base Nurse would probably be the final nail in the coffin for dbd. She's the only killer where your skill actually matters and the only, truely balanced killer.

Yes. It's a matter of principle. There was no valid reason to nerf her.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 6,474

OP things should be nerfed, she is now balanced at base.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 977

Nurse is not overpowered.

Her ability is balancing out her catastrophal base movement speed. Nurses RELY ON bring good with blinks. You cant play her otherwise.

When theres only 1-4 out of 16 (thats only a quarter...) that are able to compete with good survivors, with her at the top, then of course she's better when compared to LF, Plague or GF....

Biased as I am, I could just accuse survivors of using the OP-card to get her nerfed because they dont want to compete against strong killers. She's a product of another time period in dbd, with different design philosopy.

Although I admit that 4-5 blinks might be a bit much.

edited June 9

She was never op. She did what she was designed to do according to the devs' own stated design intent for her. She was then nerfed for doing exactly that, because survivors whined the house down. They didn't want to be forced to do something other than looping around infinites and pallets.

Survivors did totally fine against her after she was hit with the unjustified omega-nerf. It's kinda funny how survivors used the advices killers gave to them on how to beat the Nurse only after that.

Then they forgot everything and got worse at the game by leaning more and more on their luxury crutches (infinites, then pallet-loops). In the meantime, Nurse players adapted, they changed how they played the Nurse, inventing her play style as we know it today.

This all happened because whilst survivors keep telling killers 'git gud' and to just adapt, they were never doing that themselves. Only killers have to ever improve and adapt; survivors know if they are persistent enough the devs will give them virtually anything.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 388
    edited June 9

The only thing I would change on her basekit are:

350 % movement speed while in a blink (previous 333 %)

25 metres first blink (previous 20 metres), 15 metres second blink (previous 12 metres)

Fatique increased to 2.5 seconds per blink and 2 second extra fatique when attacking. (Should punish missed attacks because her range is further and her movement speed is faster)

• RlabotathRlabotath Member Posts: 26

This is coming from a noob with Nurse, keep that in mind:

Nurse is strong in two different scenarios: Open maps where she can accurately blink on top of you, or advanced af mind games on maps with obstructions everywhere. This leaves Nurse at a disadvantage in one situation: failing mind games against survivors in maps with obstructions.

Nurse, like few other killers (Billy, bubba, huntress) has a power where she is in control of it's effect at all times, unlike those who have more control (Wraith, Clown, Spirit, ambush pig, Trapper, Legion) or no control (RBT Pig, Myers, Ghost). This instantly puts her in a stronger place than most killers.

The Add-ons for Nurse are tricky to adjust any from where they are. You Nerf the blink speed add-ons, people will just run Omega blink. Nerf that as well, 5 blink. Nerf that as well, and Nurse will probably be better off without Add-ons period. Her Add-ons are truly on the edge of balance, and that's mainly because her power puts her up there.

Forgive me for talking about this game, but let me bring up the killers in Identity V. Some say the reason they get away with having Pallets everywhere is because the controls suck. I disagree, because each and every killer is designed to counter loops at varying points within the loop. Take Ripper for example. He has a ranged attack that occurs on a cooldown equivalent to the time it'd take to be looped at a pallet. If you throw it down, he'll hit you from the other side. As the survivor, you have to be planning for that, and ensure you get the stun, but that risks getting hit before you drop the pallet. I could go through each one, but it's essentially the same for each, in their own unique way.

Reason I bring that up is to discuss the Nurse. She truly belongs in Identity V, because it's the same design philosophy: She's built to counter loops, especially if you don't know how to use them properly. Unlike Trapper, who has the same mentality, but he requires set up, whereas Nurse and V killers require simple planning at most.

So, my point being, Nurse isn't overpowered, and nor are her Add-ons. However, for the game design we have in DBD, she's built to counter what we have, which begs the illusion of OP. If other killers we're given power at her level, and Survivor options were increased, she'd probably be in the middle of the pack.

• GrandkuramaGrandkurama Member Posts: 157

I think not. Remember that stealth and mindgames counter her