Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are Survivors who are High rank, not exactly bright?

GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I've been playing this game since release and I remember how hard it was for both Survivor and Killer, on the journey back to old rank 1, I'm noticing that Survivors aren't as clever or even bright as they once we're, the majority of them anyway.

They make these stupid plays just running out in the open and the like. No type of stealth, wondering how they got found and downed and then DC.....

Are there any cream of the crop Survivors anymore? At least ones that exercise some better common sense, since it's free?...

Comments

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying hide all game, but bumrushing the hook as soon as the person is hooked? Failing at baiting the killer and ending up being downed.... DC'ing.... People not doing gens and running around like headless chickens unknowingly letting the killer snowball from the down, hook, and save cycle?.....

C'mon...

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 798

harder to rank 1 back then when all you need was bp and not iridescent bullshit?

without considering how stronger were the survivors compared to the actual situation.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

Personally, I blame the "Let's have fun" crowd not playing ruthlessly enough and thus allowing people who have no business ranking up to rank up.

• Pike_TrickfootPike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

They found a way to 'cheat the system' or were carried by someone else. If you figure out the whole pipping thing, you don't really need to be skilled to rank up. It also doesn't help that the whole object of being a survivor (i.e surviving) has been downplayed by the system so stupid mistakes can be made and you still pip.

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Definitely not. Most solo survivors I get matched up with are garbage.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,660

Using swf a person can continue to pip against lower rank killers. Its not overly difficult to be carried beyond the rank you deserve as long as your performing key actions each game.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,130

It's because SWF allows people to get boosted to ranks they don't belong in.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

When I was fairly new I got to the red ranks and I didn't even knew placements of anything or maps good enough. I just played Meg and that's it. Solo.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 6,097

D/C'ing doesn't count against you anymore. Many players d/c to preserve rank, and their rank is only reflective of their best performances.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,139

This is pretty much it. That and the voice comms SWF presents gives much more information to every player.

A SWF has can receive more info than a solo player. This information can easily close the gap between a skilled solo and a Survivor who gets carried hard by his team.

Being able to react 10 seconds sooner that the Killer is headed your way makes a huge difference. Anyone who says SWF isn't unbalanced is seriously dense in the head.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

They didnt divide those statistics between ranks though. SWF-teams at high ranks are much more coordinated, and therefor efficient, than SWF-teams at low ranks, who tend to play more casually and for the fun.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 991

For those spouting out BHVR provided statistics, you are forgetting that they exclude all games that have any DCs, thus the statistics are useless. They are also faulty, as there is overlap. For example, 2 singles and 1 duo are in those statistics, boosting both the solo and duo stats. The person who collected those numbers is definitely not a statistician.

The DCs alone cause the 4 man SWF matches to be underrepresented. 3 and 4 man SWF groups are much more likely to DC in order to give a remaining survivor the hatch, and those matches are excluded from the provided statistics.

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

I'm at high ranks (unfortunately) right now and I'm... questionable, because I don't play the game that often, so I'm always kinda rusty when I get back to it after a while.

But even my rust is not comparable to the amount of stupidity my teammates usually have when I'm going solo.