Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback

It has been almost 6 days...

Are you going to fix the Ghostface bugs before release?

This is the PTB, where you fix issues! If you only fix the issues after putting Ghostface out onto the live game, we'll have no chance to test and give feedback about him while he's not bugged into uselessness... You'd think the PTB would be the place where updates are spit out constantly for any bugfix at all, because, the PTB is optional and doesn't go to console. (Not that you can't update the PC version ahead of time before the console gets a patch, but, you guys prefer to sync the patches) But, for some reason, I feel like the PTB won't get a single change, and the bugfixes will only go through when the patch hits live, and we'll have to deal with a Ghostface that is possibly still weak for a good amount of time, and nobody will buy the DLC.

Comments

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

That's very true but even though we won't get the changes until the release day , it's gotta be better than how he is in the ptb...right? I mean, they named off some of the main issues they are addressing, including the spotting breaking his power way too quickly , the loud noises when using his stalk ability, and 20 seconds not being long enough to put down an exposed survivor. They're also aware of the detection perk issues . If they address all those, how can he possibly turn out bad? Either way, I do agree that testing these changes before release would be nice.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

PTB is meant for small bugs in the game and slight balance issues to be dealt with before release, Ghostface was working as they intended for him in the live version. Shocking I know but they test in studio before PTB and must've thought he was ready.

With how ghostface went they have to really sit back and assess what makes him so weak and thanks to the community feedback they now know he was far from ready to go to live, They have a lot on their plate fixing him and said in the livestream that the updated ghostface probably wont make it to PTB and will just go live on his release. so my guess is no, we wont get to test him before release.

If we can hope for one thing from this whole disaster is that the Devs might finally understand that they themselves evidently don't understand the game which is glaringly obvious with MoM and Ghostface and need to contact notable players on changes to the game before they start making them.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Haven't they said in the last livestream that they won't do anything in the PTB in regards to Ghostface before his release?

• M1ghtyM4xM1ghtyM4x Member Posts: 85

they said they werent sure if it would make it in time for the ptb. but yah its pretty much making it so they dont have to show us the changes before they release them that way if the changes still suck well oh well ######### us for thinking they were going to give us the actual ghostface let alone a killer who was any good. Miss good ol' days when killers were a threat and the game was intense.

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 256

after they realise ghostface into live im waiting for them to say " we did pretty good job so far" ^^

• ThatGuyFromThatPlaceThatGuyFromThatPlace Member Posts: 66
    edited June 2019

Thing is, according to the devs, two of the things making him super weak (The instant ability off, and the spotting through walls) are actually bugs, so, I had figured they would've fixed those immediately, but, apparently they waited until today/tomorrow to do a full buffing to him before bugfixing

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 256

his biggest issue he is supposed to be a stealthy killer , how in the world are you gonna sneak on ppl when you make sounds of a tornado approaching survivors