Calling it Now: Freddy Rework Will Be GARBAGE in Current Meta Unless Dream Snares Are OP
1) Nerfed invisibility mindgames - Freddy is invisible only when survivors are outside Freddy's terror radius, which will be increased to 32m. Say goodbye to empty pill bottle mind games! Spirit has now become the undisputed master of mindgames with this change alone.
2) Teleportation ability telegraphs like a neon sign - Not at all useful as an offensive tool unless you're playing against someone blind and deaf. It's a 5-second channeled ability that alerts survivors working on a generator that Freddy's channeling his teleportation ability and Freddy can only teleport to a generator. This gives a survivor a 20m headstart before Freddy even gets there! That's better than sprint burst and it's COMPLETELY FREE! This ability also has a long cooldown.
3) Nerfed endgame potential - RIP endgame Freddy meme builds. Survivors can now wake themselves up with a clock on a pedestal similar to Plague fountain.
4) Removed stalling potential - Freddy's ability no longer slows survivor actions. Freddy's going to be just as vulnerable to generator rushing as any other M1 killer.
5) No mapwide auras - Sleeping survivors do not have an aura. This is probably the biggest change to Freddy, which affects your planning when playing as Freddy.
1) Dream state - You can hit any survivor when in melee range, regardless of what they're doing.
2) Swapped terror radius - Negate Borrowed Time by standing next to a survivor doing an unhook then hit the unhooker and then hit the person unhooked.
3) Loop denial - Dream snares can deny loops, but only if survivor is asleep. If the debuffs are the same as hinder and nothing else, this might get him a free hit. If he can place dream snares while running a loop, it can possibly shorten chases by forcing the survivor to abandon the loop, but that will depend on a lot of other various factors, such as whether the dream snares take a long time to create, and how many dream snares Freddy has to work with. I'm going to assume they work identically to Hag's traps.
1) Forcing survivor into making mistakes potential - Fake pallets can potentially make survivors take a bad loop and get hit.
2) Sabotage hook checks wake survivors up - Who cares? Filing this under neutral.
3) Teleportation - Better map presence on larger maps, but this won't get you into a chase any faster because survivors will have a 20m headstart to get to a safe tile before you even show up.
If Freddy gets dream snares and fake pallets, he might be only slightly worse than he is now. If designers only give him one of those, he'll be way worse than current Freddy in the current meta UNLESS dream snares are overpowered.
This rework is a bad combination of Hag (hinder traps) + Doctor (fake pallets) + Nurse (teleportation).
This entire rework hinges on how impactful dream snares are to Freddy's gameplay as they are his clutch mechanic and require setup in advance of a chase unless the dream snares are used to make the survivor abandon a loop.