Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Love the new GF changes but ...

KebekKebek Member Posts: 2,284

His power is still fully countered by detection perks. You can so is every other stealth killer but there is a catch.

Every other stealth killer has some other benefit from their power. Wraith gets slight map control + speed burst, piggy has traps and dash attack, michael can instadown. GF's all benefits come directly from his Night shround and one perk shouldn't disable 100% of killers power (old trapper's traps vs sabotage for example) so he needs to have immunity to detection perks while it's active.

I think that this is his last main problem and that it's a very needed change so please give GF detection perks immunity while Night shroud is active like Michael's tier 1 has.

Comments

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

They are aware of the detection perk issues from what I've heard.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 127

Decetion itself doesnt disable the power from workling but yea.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I agree with this. Detection perks shouldn't be able to pick up on him.

• ReddRedd Member Posts: 826

I think a middle ground where survivors can't read his Aura while in Night Shroud would be a better place to start. This would prevent him from being too weak to OoO and some other perks; but it wouldn't make him completely immune to things imo he shouldn't be.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 2,284

This sounds like good trade off to me. If nothing more at least this has to happen.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,937

I checked just now, and damn...

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 7,758

I would not compare Michael to Ghost Face. If Michael would not be immune to Detection Perks, he will have a hard time getting out of EW1, which renders him useless.

I think the Ghost Face changes should be fine as they are. In the end, People will only use Perks like Spine Chill on the PTB, but not on live, just because of Ghost Face.

There are a lot of good loopers on live who use OoO which is the main problem perk that counters Night shroud the hardest. As was said above the least that need to happen is give GF aura detection immunity while Night shroud is active otherwise he's 100% countered and has no power against these good loopers.

And we all know how well do M1 powerless killers do against looping.

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

Yeah let's just create another nurse with no counterplay or anything, great ideas in this thread.. let's make MORE survivor perks useless.

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 786

Did you see in the thread that they didn't even mention the fact that hooked and downed survivors can still pull you from night shroud, so what they're just gonna keep that around? Also I think that 1.5 seconds is still too short to detect you this should receive another buff.

"No counterplay" only if you lack eyes. Also nurse has counterplay but you probably don't care or don't know any better then mindless looping.

And it seems that you're fine with GF's power is 100% countered by 1 single survivor perk. Those perks not beiing meta doesn't mean nobody uses them. I personally love spine chill and run it frequently in my stealth builds since it's amazing for stealth and even has mindgaming potencial. Unfortunately most of survivors would just rather get broken 0 counterplay perks like old DS or free instaheals with old MoM.

Yeah that's probably staying but even when it's annoying I don't mind it that much.

Also Peanits said that full time of revealing is about 1,8s I think. With all those other changes it's probably fine since you should also get notification that you're beiing revealed so let's just test it and see if it's still not enough.

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649

More folks use Spine Chill or Premonition than you'd like to believe. I use it quite often to great effect, especially when I opt for stealth builds (as plenty of folks often do). As the OP mentioned, detection perks like these don't only disrupt GF... they completely neuter him. I'd recommend making Night Shroud react to such perks in the same way Evil Within 1 does. If it makes him OP as the doomsayers are preaching, roll it back. Even if they make it to where Night Shroud has a proximity limit for detection perks, that would still be a middle-ground step in the right direction.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Last week - Peanits made a post on a Ghostface thread where he listed off all the known issues he had at the time, and one of them was detection perks. He said he would pass it along to the team. Also, pretty much every issue on that list has been addressed with the new GF changes . I believe someone else said Peanits specifically pointed out object of obsession in relation to the matter.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,778

The changes are nice, but i still think Object will just be run all the time to troll him.

rendering him unable to do the main thing Behaviour set out for him to do, scare people and get the drop on them.

At least partial immunity would be great for some uncertainty

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

Time for the detection perk CRUSADE!!!

• Scgamecock86Scgamecock86 Member Posts: 474

This should happen, devs please make it happen.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

I don't see it being a problem outside of the PTB. How often do you see survivor running OoO, Dark Sense, Spine Chill and Premonition? Even if people will use those perks more, why is that an issue? I thought everyone was sick of the same meta to begin with.

And why can't perks counter Killer powers? Exhaustion perks counter all M1 killers, Small Game counters Trapper and Urban Evasion counters Hag.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,068

Comparing this to Sprint Burst is hilarious. Sprint Burst has a cooldown that lasts 60 seconds and doesn't cooldown while sprinting. Trapper can use Hangman's Trick to nullify Small Game somewhat by making it so he only has to wait 60 seconds for traps. Urban Evasion prevents a Survivor from Sprinting, so even if they crouch over your trap, you gain distance on them. If you aren't in a chase, you'll never even notice the effects of Urban Evasion as Hag.

OoO completely nullifies Ghostface's power 100% by just looking at him through a wall. There is 0 he can do to counter this.

How are you even making this comparison? Did you even think before you posted?

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

You are suggesting that people use Hangman's Trick to counter Small Game. "How are you even making this comparison? Did you even think before you posted?"

He can go and use his 115% ms to down the survivor that uses OoO. OoO has way more of a downside than Urban Evasion does against Hag.