Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback

What are your thoughts on Ghostface’s New Update

Comments

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 792

Why don't you just tag the devs in this post so they respond? I doubt they will respond though with all the heat they're taking from this horrible Killer.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,806

I mean....technically you could remove crows and make it a default part of the killers kit but eh.....

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

I'm very curious about how you're playing him if the detection is a problem for your gameplay.

Survivors have no control over his power if you think before using it. His power is about STEALTH. You shouldn't expect to be stealthy if you run around an open field. You even receive an audio notification when someone starts revealing you.

The way his power is designed now is perfect. It encourages fun gameplay and fits him thematically. You just want easy downs.

One thing that I like is how he's getting just the right amount of complaints by the right kind of people to show me how he's fine now.

You guys need to play the game....you need to be close to the hook for that to even happen....YOU CAN STALK FURTHER AWAY THAN YOU CAN BE DETECTED FROM!

People want to complain about things they know very little about, not play the game and try to adapt.

I'm just saying, people keep saying you can't camp hooks with him because of that dev post. But that dev post is wrong. You can absolutely camp hooks, you just need to be a fair distance away, you can look directly at the hook while they're unhooking and expose the person unhooking. And from a fair distance away theres nothing they can do about it. Although it is fair to say that getting in range to down them will be an issue, so its not Leatherface levels of camping where you can just stand right on top of the hook.

• AStupidMonkeyyAStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    edited June 2019

He shouldn't be detected by others' detection perks in night shroud mode and he shouldn't be able to be taken out of his power by staring at him. Otherwise, I'm fine with his changes. @Peanits

I just like design choices that make camping harder overall. No reason to encourage poor gameplay that's already so prevalent.

Every time that I decide to camp as killer, and it's 99% of the time at endgame scenarios when the gates are powered, I pretty much accept that kills SHOULD be hard to secure because I already got outplayed if 3+ people are still alive by the endgame. Camping shouldn't secure easy kills, period.

• GrazoxGrazox Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2019

Some of my concerns from this thread are still valid:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/66907/ghostface-thorough-critique-pros-and-cons#latest

1) Survivors can still "see" him while he can't see them. This leads to some obnoxious scenarios where a Survivor can hide behind cover while the Killer frantically tries to figure out where they are before inevitably being revealed.

2) He's still a wind turbine within 8 meters, despite most Generators on most maps requiring you to get that close to attempt stalking. This is unnecessary considering the added risk of being spotted by anyone remotely attentive to their surroundings. The only thing you should hear is his actual movements and breathing, and even that should be largely muted by the sounds of the Generator.

3) Lean is still too inconsistent. There are some areas where it doesn't work even though it should, and that's ignoring the cases where you lean and still have your vision obstructed.

4) His perks still need work. I'm All Ears serves a purpose now (though its Cooldown should be lowered to 20 seconds like QaQ) but the rest weren't touched. I stand by my criticisms and solutions in the thread above.

What we have is an okay Killer with underwhelming perks and no new map or Survivor. That just isn't going to cut it for my wallet.

I will push back on the claims that there is an issue with Survivors spotting him while on the hook or in general, however. That is simply you playing him poorly. He can be quite deadly if not for the aforementioned issues.

I only hope Object of Obsession will be reworked from the ground up in the future.

1. Playing around vision is a huge part of his power, especially because you have the advantage of stopping a survivor that's revealing you by hiding again
    2. If you're 8 meters away, nothing stops you from getting a free first hit or stalking during chases. I don't think he's meant to pre-stalk and down everyone in one hit all the time
    3. I agree, but with how finnicky map design is, it's probably just working as intended, as sad as it is. Not sure what can be done about that.
    4. Yeah, his perks are pretty bad. Not every killer should come with meta breaking perks, but at least Plague had some neat additions to some killers' core sets (Corrupt Intervention is pretty staple on Hag and Trapper now and Infectious Fright is dumb on Nurse). That's something we legit should get answers about. @Peanits anything being discussed about his perks?

If you're being taken out of stealth even slightly often as Ghostface after the changes...

I'm sorry to break it to you, bud, but the problem isn't his design.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

They have a pretty good point about not wanting to support a camping play style by making survivors that are hooked or downed able to break Ghostface's stealth. I do think the range on that ability should be very limited though. Like 12-16 meter range at most. That way the only killers that would be punished are those that are actually camping. If I'm chasing someone 20 meters away and they break me out of stealth, that would make me angry.

• EguzkyEguzky Member Posts: 173

It means he's a horribly balanced Killer with an unneeded built-in counter giving Survivors MORE power over the Killer.

May as well make a Killer that can't attack if any survivor is in any Action other than walking.

Or a Killer that can't use his Power unless a Survivor is wounded and inside his TR.

It's terrible, lazy balance meant to ensure Survivor mains don't get all huffy and stop buying dem cosmetics. 🤑🤑🤑

• GrazoxGrazox Member Posts: 45

And I have no qualms with that, so long as it's based on the Survivor's ability to see him within those 8 meters using their third-person camera, not hear a very loud and blaring wind turbine that requires no effort on their part to pick up on.

The community went through this same song and dance with the Wraith. Let's not rehash the issue with the latest stealth Killer. I would be saying the same thing if the Shape or Pig were accompanied by such a sound effect when in the same scenario.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,439

So, he'd be a better version of myers? Usable at high ranks? Because right now, you guys have a pretty upset community. They want a viable killer, not one that gets bullied by a HOOKED survivor.

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 844

Could it at least be made that downed survivors can't spot him? There are perks built around guarding people that have been downed, and when you have multiple survivors around, sometimes the best tactic is to hide near the downed one and wait for someone to break away from safe cover to pick them up. By keeping downed survivors active, you're cutting off entire strategies that other killers can implement with zero drawbacks.

@Janick

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 684

You also forgot

-Nothing stopping from hillbilly tapping his chainsaw power near hooked survivor

Try to unhook? Get chainsawed

• sugoiboisugoiboi Member Posts: 11

i feel like they have sluged and hooked survivors reveal him to prevent camping/baiting. he would be super op if he could just turn on his power and hide looking at the survivor.

also i partly agree about the perks but i think thrilling tremors is a good tracking perk if anything. its no bbq and chili but its nice to have options

• sugoiboisugoiboi Member Posts: 11

i feel like a good buff for pig is to make it that survivors cant remove their traps until they're activated. surprised they havent done that

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,466
    edited June 2019

Ghostface is very good now, I will place him on A /B tier

Devs did a really good job, they earn back my respect

Its good we didn't have to wait 1-2 years for him to get buff

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

Stop encouraging people to not buy it. Let people come to their own conclusions. BC RN HE PLAYS EXACTLY LIKE MYERS AND ITS SO BORING. BEING SPOTTED IS YOUR FAULT. THAT NEEDS TO BE A MECHANIC OR NO ONE WILL PLAY HIM STEALTHY. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT "direct counters" BC THE REAL COUNTER IS THOSE FILTHY STEALTH PERKS.

• Evil_DwightEvil_Dwight Member Posts: 19

The detection buffer needs to be significantly reduced. All around though, a stellar update! I especially love the fact that he can see the detection indicator for the entire reveal duration, instead of just the end.

@DingDongs YES HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO IN LOCKERS! Ghostface would be able to teleport inside of a locker within 16-24 meters of him. Unoccupied lockers would be highlighted in yellow signifying that you could teleport inside of it. Occupied lockers would show no aura. Keep in mind it is only between 24-16 meters that it would show this and that he would actually be able to teleport. This would keep locker jukes viable. Once inside the locker he can peek out of it and stalk survivors. After exposing them he would be able to quickly jump out of the locker and stab stabby. I would prefer this to be a separate ability. He would have his basic shroud thing and Locker teleport. Locker teleport would give him some map pressure, more viability against high ranks, and some extra spooks. His spotting mechanics should be nerfed VERY slightly so he doesnt play exactly like myers. He should be able to use his ability mid chase but should be taken out easier if in a chase. Way too similar to myers gameplay. WITH NO COOLDOWN OR LITTLE COOLDOWN BC MAP PRESSURE!

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS ITS SUCH A GOODIE?? DO WE WANT TOP TIER KILLERS OR NOT?

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,466
    edited June 2019

I still think he should be able to stalk through the Corn, as survivors can still detect you out from it

and you can't stalk them back

Billy, nurse, and spirit are the only viable killers. Can you imagine how boring that is every match? Billy is not op. He is strong. There are counters to his chainsaw. The community wants more top tier. That means: Map pressure + useful ability in chase and sometimes tracking.