Home PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback

Is Ghostface immune to detection by you when he's stalking/chasing you?

I'm still trying to figure out how it works with the new changes. In the video, they're just staring at each other for at least 3 seconds but GF still gets the stalk off.

I'm guessing a 2nd survivor needs to be watching from the side to knock GF out of his power?

Comments

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

This might be a map glitch, the autohaven car tile is infamous for being buggy (Huntress hitboxes and Myers stalk for example).

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,159

Think he needs to be in the center of the screen, not just the top corner. Makes LoS closer to that of the actual survivor model.

• EerieBloodyToxicityEerieBloodyToxicity Member Posts: 28

I've actually watched a lot of streams of people clearly looking at GF but he still gets the stalk. I think it's a bug and the Devs should investigate it.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,751

This is how his power should looks like

• ZensunimZensunim Member Posts: 82

From a killer's point of view, even though the survivor is clearly looking at the killer, the new "a survivor is looking at you" indicator isn't going off.

• AlonzoAlonzo Member Posts: 151

I also seen this in many stream videos. I like the GF patch but this stalking doesn't seem to work for survivors? I seen videos out there and only a few managed to get him out of his power and that was mostly at close range. So how does it really work?

• SpirezSpirez Member Posts: 565

He had ghostface in the top of the screen. It needs to be in the center and they get a noise notification when they start detecting.

• cwtferncwtfern Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2019

From what I've observed both in streams and playing the PTB myself, high rank survivors seem to have no problem breaking GF out of stalk mid-chase or otherwise. I suspect, however, that they will make it easier to break him out than it is now because of complaints about it.

• SpirezSpirez Member Posts: 565

Well that’s gonna suck cause that’s what the whole issue was when it first released. In red or purple ranks ghostface will have no power then

• cwtferncwtfern Member Posts: 135

It's really only an issue if you're chasing a survivor out in the open, and even then you can potentially find an object to duck behind to break line-of-sight before they can deactivate your Night Shroud. It is substantially harder for them to break you out of it at loops and jungle gyms, which is where the mindgames are most important.

Worst case scenario is they break you out of your stalk during the chase and you just go for the M1 instead. If they run to a loop, you can either fall back on bread-and-butter mindgame tactics or look for a different target.

Make no mistake, he will still require skilled play to be high tier, but the potential is there.