Home Discussions General Discussions

The wiggle time can be buffed?

2»

Answers

• KurisataruKurisataru Member Posts: 450

The killer is stronger than you. The entity needs people killed. Nobody who is a high rank at this game cares about the "Survivor playerbase saltiness" because people with experience in this game (That means players who can play both survivors and killers at equal high skill) know that survivors are the advantaged. You shouldn't be using the word balanced without having experienced this for yourself, so get to educating yourself.

• Nea_Death_ExperienceNea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

Don't attack someone because you disagree with their opinion. If would be fair for you to ask for BP for wriggle but you shouldn't ask for a killer nerf you should ask for understanding. If you played more killer you would not ask for this change.

• Nea_Death_ExperienceNea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

Don't attack someone because you disagree with their opinion. If would be fair for you to ask for BP for wriggle but you shouldn't ask for a killer nerf you should ask for understanding. If you played more killer you would not ask for this change.

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

Nea I see your comments are still getting approved. :P

• michaelrandom27michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

Oh, no. Someone suggested that the game should be more balanced? FREE ESCAPES!! Let's downvote him and complain that our easy kills will actually take skill now.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

No, are you mad?

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,205

Even tune down to wiggle time for 5% is already alot. I had countless time wiggle to 95% and hooked.

• Everyone, just post "nope" in this thread. This thread has been offically dubbed the nope thread

• Mrrgle_the_MediocreMrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    edited June 2019

I would agree with this if it weren't for the fact that it's wrong.

The Wiggle timer's existence is not to get off the killer's shoulder, it's to pressure the killer into not carrying you into the basement across the map in fear of you coming off of their shoulder. If you're hooked before you're not able to wiggle off, the killer deserved to hook you there.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,336

As it very well should be, it is not meant to be a free escape. It is a niche ability.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,725
    edited June 2019

Do people forget that the killer is not an NPC?

There's an actual person playing killer. They have to deal with four survivors, each who can finish a gen in 80 seconds, each who can use perks and pallet loops to extend a chase to infinity. The killer is fighting a losing battle against time, especially if they're trying to three-hook all four survivors. If the survivors heal each time they're unhooked, and the killer wins each chase, that's six hits per survivor to hook them three times, for a total of twenty-four hits and twelve hooks. Don't forget that the first hit also gives the survivor a speed burst to help them reach the next loop. And on top of all that, after the killer manages to win the chase and down a survivor, we should punish the killer by making it easier for survivors to escape off their shoulder? Why? Playing killer, especially if you try to play nice and not tunnel/camp survivors, can already be extremely frustrating.

The change you're suggesting would mean even more frustration and could lead to fewer people playing killer, and the ones who do remain are going to be the ones who tunnel, camp, and slug, making the wiggle-free-timer buff irrelevant.

Edit: Also, Flip-Flop exists. It's kind of memey, but I have managed to escape off the killer's shoulder using it.

• kazakunkazakun Member Posts: 581

Well if we are talking reality and a grown man was carrying a grown man like that...yeah, probably lol.

• alaenyiaalaenyia Member Posts: 372

Wiggle time used to be shorter and got nerfed because of killers complaining that too many folks wiggled off. Now maps have been made smaller, hooks have gotten closer together and the survivors are like well could wiggle be better too. And this whole thread is screaming no way that would be OP. I have not wiggled off in forever, I get killers all the time passing 2 hooks to take me to basement and like some guy said above, even if you fill the bar there is a delay so you still get hooked. To throw survivors a bone in this vein they added a point value to struggling. But basically that was the devs saying, "We know y'all are taking it in the butt here, so here is a bit of lube." And sabo is pretty shabby now, the hook is back right away. So the only hope is to sabo while the killer is walking toward you and if he hits you it starts over, useless.