Home Discussions General Discussions
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Game Performance survey.
The information and answers provided are anonymous, not shared with any third-party, and will not be used for purposes other than survey analysis.

Access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbD-PlayerSurvey
The forum is currently experiencing issues, we are aware and these are being looked into. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Stay safe in the fog!

I had probably the worst gaming experience I have ever had on DBD

Comments

• IronWolf115IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@ZombieGenesis said:

@crazycenobite said:
    This happens reque and move on

This quote saddens me. That it's said and that it's said with such a casual tone because this is just expected. Killers get bullied on a regular basis. Playing killer just is not fun. Especially at higher levels. Survivors have just too many tools to abuse killers and too many second chances to both avoid being downed and to make being downed irrelevant.

But killers have BBQ and Chili, right?

Couldn't agree more.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,206

@Zarathos said:
    Worst part is even if you play in medium lower ranks players like ochido deliberately have alt accounts to fk with the ranks system so you will get matched with them. Was looking at his videos recently to get a handle on how his kind play and I noticed his rank was 20 with the rest of his friends having a scattered ranks. The map you mentioned is the worst and is probably the main reason for defeat even players like true talent struggle on that map. If you want to get revenge pick up nurse. We all are going to have to if it means sending a message to the devs that we aren't playing the loop game.

You dont need alt accounts for that. Just play SWF with a single low rank and you can bully low rank killers, just say thanks to the devs for enabling this

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 924

@Fluffy said:
    Sorry to disagree, but you made mistakes in the heat of the moment.
    i did too. i watched several times the game where they absused me and learned from it what i could have done better. Then i learned more and more from their tries. But i never had a game were they abused me and all 4 escaped. At the best, one could escape (by hiding while his buddy bled out, or because his buddy suicided on the hook for him to leave).
    I don't even use special builds for them, i just stick with: ruin, thrill of the hunt, bbq and last one depends on the moment or killer. And even with this build some don't care about ruin and just use thrill of the hunt to bait you into checking your totems

When you are chasing an injured survivor, you can chose the moment yo get him down.
    As i said in this useful and (mostly funny) guide, survivors have the upper hand until they are knocked down. Killers have some tools to mess with them. You just need to gather up your thoughts and play it calm. Once you start to get frustrated, mistakes come faster.

Except if you were reading the situation you see it was unwinnable because even when there down their is always ds. If you think you can win a game against survivor playing optimally go watch a depip squad video you'll quickly learn communication shuts down any advantage you may have as a killer. You might be lucky to salvage a kill at best but with body blocking plus ds its just not gonna happen. The situation he mentions is unwinnable. The tree area he mentions is blatantly bad map design and you say that a team with sprint bursts and ds'es wont somehow always make it back their. Your right about mistakes coming faster with frustration but you can't honestly tell us that practice is gonna be enough to fix these kinda scenarios.

@ZombieGenesis said:

@crazycenobite said:
    This happens reque and move on

This quote saddens me. That it's said and that it's said with such a casual tone because this is just expected. Killers get bullied on a regular basis. Playing killer just is not fun. Especially at higher levels. Survivors have just too many tools to abuse killers and too many second chances to both avoid being downed and to make being downed irrelevant.

But killers have BBQ and Chili, right?

Just had a game with some toxic shitheads with DS and flashlights, literally got my first hook after 4 gens had been done and ruin gone.

Any survivor passing my way will regret it now

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Have you tried playing with Freddy? Flashlights can´t do much to him, unless the flashlight users are in the dreamworld. Freddy is weaker than Billy, but since no one uses him on high rank, survivors don´t know how to react to him.

I understand where you are coming from, but Freddy is just far to weak ( right now at least ) to to much of anything. Tbh even if freddy would have helped the flashlight situation, it would have made the looping situation worse

Freddy's well payed at high ranks those in 5-1 are disgusting and get 4 sac's every game, the same is true for good Hags.

@powerbats said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Have you tried playing with Freddy? Flashlights can´t do much to him, unless the flashlight users are in the dreamworld. Freddy is weaker than Billy, but since no one uses him on high rank, survivors don´t know how to react to him.

I understand where you are coming from, but Freddy is just far to weak ( right now at least ) to to much of anything. Tbh even if freddy would have helped the flashlight situation, it would have made the looping situation worse

Freddy's well payed at high ranks those in 5-1 are disgusting and get 4 sac's every game, the same is true for good Hags.

What? please provide footage of that, I want to learn how to be such a good hag

• chefdave12118chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    DS and flashlight batteries eventually run out . This happened to me when I first started playing (I didn't even understand what object of obsession was yet). I didn't know looking in the wall trick, slugging or anything. Just been playing for a month or so. I refused to quit until all 4 we're dead or out the gate. They all died. 
  • CaffeineCaffeine Member Posts: 76

This is how I earned my fast-track ticket to Hell.

I run Franklin's Demise (AKA Flashlight's Demise) and BBQ on most of the killers that I play.

If you see people queuing with a bunch of flashlights or tools; it might be a good thing to bring. Or if it looks like you might be in a SWF group (esp. same tags, themed nicknames, etc that give it away).

A good old slap to knock the flashlight TF out of their hand will make someone else that much more unlikely to rush in. And if they do, start blindly swinging that away, too.

You'll turn it from an "I got stunned all game" to "I got pallet looped the entire game"; but at least they'll be panicking and feeling naked without their little asshat-lights

• MineAntoiyaMineAntoiya Member Posts: 847

Tries to use 1 as bait
    Baiter tells team he is being used for Bait
    Gets all Gens, leaves, teabages, insults etc

OR

Bait gets healed
    Surv comes gets the heal up
    The Bait gets away with SB
    The baited goes down
    He gets blinded
    Game continues

With how perfectly these guys were playing. His chance of victory was so, so small. As an asymmetrical game, even a Meh killer should get one kill. Alas, they probably had Borrowed Time too. And then if he downed them before they reached the gates - FLASHLIGHT GG EZ LOSER.

People who go in knowing they can destroy then bully afterwords makes me wish that whole Bullyhunters thing actually worked...

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@ZombieGenesis said:

@powerbats said:

Basing this off of streamer highlight reels posted to YouTube no doubt.

Wrong, playing against high ranked killers who were playing Freddy and Hag during dbl bp weekend. But go ahead and try another failed insult attempt.

• only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2018

My god, so many killers unwilling to learn from their mistakes. It's sad.

It's a game. If you make mistakes you will lose. Survivors have more outs, but there are counter plays (with the exception of a couple of perks and 4% hook escapes).

If you just put on blinders and wave away advice you deserve to get bullied instead of learning and then winning.

edited July 2018

@chefdave12118 said:
    DS and flashlight batteries eventually run out . This happened to me when I first started playing (I didn't even understand what object of obsession was yet). I didn't know looking in the wall trick, slugging or anything. Just been playing for a month or so. I refused to quit until all 4 we're dead or out the gate. They all died. 

Flashlights will never run out, dont fool yourself..... its literally 20+ sec time of use or sth like that and they can bring 4.... just a joke if you do some math. This literally means that it is possibel that a flashlight is shined in your face for 25% of a 5 minute game, seems balanced? :wink:

Post edited by Master on
  • ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

Like others have said, you needed to slug that game to have any chance at all.

Just so you know though, Torment Creek is one of the absolute WORST killer maps in the game, so vsing good players on it you're basically gonna lose 90% of the time if you're not Nurse.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,008
    Pick the survivors up from an angle which obscures the flashlight beam. A good trick is to make it look like you're picking them up turn around, wait a few secs and then charge at anyone you see with a flashlight going for the save. Don't be afraid to be counter toxic because survivors like this already have all the cards.

@Master said:

@chefdave12118 said:

Flashlights will never run out, dont fool yourself..... its literally 20+ sec time of use or sth like that and they can bring 4.... just a joke if you do some math. This literally means that it is possibel that a flashlight is shined in your face for 25% of a 5 minute game, seems balanced? :wink:

If you allow it to be, sure. What, you just let them make saves instead of baiting the pick up and keeping them slugged? Jesus SHM

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@chefdave12118 said:

If you allow it to be, sure. What, you just let them make saves instead of baiting the pick up and keeping them slugged? Jesus SHM

Have you ever played against a competent SWF? I am starting to doubt that

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@chefdave12118 said:

Have you ever played against a competent SWF? I am starting to doubt that

I have, yes. Many times.

• ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    Honestly what annoys me isnt the flashlights or teabags, it’s the fact they brought 4 ds’ and 4 sb and then have the gall to talk [BAD WORD]. Like you weren’t even confident enough in your own abilities to survive so you needed a full swf AND for everyone to have ds and sb smh my god survivors like that upset me so much
    Post edited by ThePloopz on

@ThePloopz said:
    Honestly what annoys me isnt the flashlights or teabags, it’s the fact the brought 4 ds’ and 4 sb and then have the gall to talk [BAD WORD]. Like you weren’t even confident enough in your own abilities to survive so you needed a full swf AND for everyone to have ds and sb smh my god survivors like that upset me so much

Yeah, that mentality is always funny. I once got called a try hard by a survivor running SB Urban DS SC. I lol'd

• PirscherPirscher Member Posts: 413
    But this doesnt happen all the time though, fortunately.

Just ignore these people and move on. Have a laugh too while youre at - some of the messages they send sometimes are just too funny

Greetz
  • slingshotsurvivorslingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Just get rid of the flashlights! I hate those and I'm a survivor main. They become weapons to annoy and bully the killer. Looping I'm okay with but those flashlights ugh. When I see a survivor taunt the killer best believe I ain't saving them. Nope. That is just trash play and no fun at all.

• OutlandOutland Member Posts: 535

@only1biggs said:
    You could have destroyed them if you played smarter. Did you see the flashlights in the lobby? Then you should have picked up facing walls or baited the pick up or slugged. You made the same mistake three times.

If one had DS assume they all do and play accordingly. Down them near hooks and if you carry the non obsession DS users, count to 6 and hook or count, then do one dribble, then hook... depending on where the nearest hook is. The obsession can just be slugged and played around.

As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart. I love going against these types as it's usually a guaranteed win.

That being said, Torment Creek is an awful map and one of the worst. But, you could have and should have killed them all.

Condescend much?

• Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 367

@IronWolf115 said:
    Ok, so let me set the scene. Coldwind farm; Torment Creek.

All I needed to hear. I already feel bad without reading the rest

edited July 2018

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:
    You could have destroyed them if you played smarter. Did you see the flashlights in the lobby? Then you should have picked up facing walls or baited the pick up or slugged. You made the same mistake three times.

If one had DS assume they all do and play accordingly. Down them near hooks and if you carry the non obsession DS users, count to 6 and hook or count, then do one dribble, then hook... depending on where the nearest hook is. The obsession can just be slugged and played around.

As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart. I love going against these types as it's usually a guaranteed win.

That being said, Torment Creek is an awful map and one of the worst. But, you could have and should have killed them all.

Condescend much?

It's hard not to condescend to an idiot.

*edit - I'm actually not sure what parts you find condescending to be honest :')

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

*edit - I'm actually not sure what parts you find condescending to be honest :')

Name calling, well that explains it, grow up junior. Maybe time to go out get a job, move out of the parents house and stop being "that guy".

Since I obviously used a word you didn't understand, here is the part where you were condescending.

"As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart."

edited July 2018

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Name calling, well that explains it, grow up junior. Maybe time to go out get a job, move out of the parents house and stop being "that guy".

Since I obviously used a word you didn't understand, here is the part where you were condescending.

"As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart."

LOL I'm mid thirties with my own place. Nice try, boy. Who's condescending now? AND assuming a great many thing. Jesus, get a grip.

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you an idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

Again, if you see my line you quoted as condescending, I don't know what to tell you. It's true. Based on what he said, as a Billy, he should have destroyed them if he played smart and correctly.

Post edited by only1biggs on
  • IronWolf115IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

LOL I'm mid thirties with my own place. Nice try, boy. Who's condescending now? AND assuming a great many thing. Jesus, get a grip.

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you and idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

Again, if you see my line you quoted as condescending, I don't know what to tell you. It's true. Based on what he said, as a Billy, he should have destroyed them if he played smart and correctly.

So i'm an idiot?

This is coming from the guy who literally says bloodlust needs to be removed

Donkey.

edited July 2018

@IronWolf115 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you and idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

So i'm an idiot?

This is coming from the guy who literally says bloodlust needs to be removed

Donkey.

Well, yeah. You don't know how to play around flashlights and refuse to accept there are ways to play around flashlights. So..you're an idiot.

I actually said, it needs to be removed EXCEPT Myers EW 1 and Hag and only be Tier 1 Bloodlust. Bloodlust rewards bad killers. As you need it and given the topic of this thread, you are indeed, a bad killer.

Try again.

Post edited by only1biggs on

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you an idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

I thought you were calling me an idiot.