Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I guess creating a lobby as a killer take 5mins now?

Before hand it use to take less then 10 seconds, now it takes 5mins? (Both for me on ps4 and pc)

Comments

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited June 2019

Sounds about right. Those that got fast lobbies get punished for those who are in other countries where they don't have allot of people playing.

In the efforts to remove "edge" cases where they could spend a long time getting a lobby they spread out the effect over everyone.

Once dedicated servers come in, at least those cloud systems will do part of the filtering on region, which could help in lowering the times. However right now, I believe everyone is piled into the same system when match making is done.

Post edited by TheBean on
  • Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 1,211

Yep it’s idk why I’ll be waiting long enough to go make a snack and I’ll still be waiting for it to make a lobby.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

it's like the algorithm you were using for dedicated servers except you find a lobby. you are the host and the lobby is empty when joining.

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,143

@Peanits what system do you play dbd on? If it's steam, would you like to add me?

• AIG1992AIG1992 Member Posts: 98

Noticed this too on ps4. Played a couple games earlier n it too a 2-4 mins just to make a lobby. I was getting games way faster before this change.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,592

Personally I can't play killer because it takes forever to find a lobby and then it's made of 1-2 survivors and I have to wait even more that the lobby gets filled (which often doesn't).

• Spaceman94Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

@Peanits It does seem much longer to find a game when hosting as a killer now. I play on PS4 and it used to take less than a minute. Now it takes anywhere for 3 - 5. I noticed it maybe 5 days ago?

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

The game is almost unplayable for me now it takes so long. I used to create a lobby almost instantly and usually have it full within a minute or two. Now it takes upwards of 8 minutes just to create the lobby and it's a crapshoot how long it will take to fill the lobby. But I'm not going to play a game that takes 15 god damn minutes just to get into a match! It seems like every time they try to "fix" something in this game, they make it twice as bad.

• RiddickRiddick Member Posts: 121

Since I don't see any mention of this within any other reply... The fact that Bloodhunt is happening + killers get more BPs = more killers, which will lead to longer queues.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

Idk the cause, but it's taking way longer for me to go from "Start Lobby" to "5 seconds left".

• MixeraBGMixeraBG Member Posts: 1

i wait like 10 min for Lobby and after that 1 hour to fill the last survivor!?

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,898
    edited June 2019

I am getting significantly longer queue times. I'd be waiting for minutes as a Killer, only to be thrown into either an an empty lobby or a not fully filled lobby anyways, which makes me wait longer. On Friday, I ended up waiting half an hour without getting a game started at one point.

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

Though the intention is for it to wait till a group is found before making a lobby, it doesn't do that at the current point. It makes you wait minutes for a lobby. And then when it finally makes one, there's usually only one person in it and it makes you wait even more minutes for the lobby to fill. There's been a number of posts about this already.

• bendermacbendermac Member Posts: 772

I can confirm this. The new system sucks and wastes a ton of time. I know the devs want to make things smoother, but this isn't working. evert it back to the old system. It's very annoying currently to sit and wait, while a BP event is active. Okay it will be annoying after the BP too ;)

• Well_Placed_HexTotemWell_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Surprise, implementation three or four of this doodoo matchmaking sucks, just like the previous times it was thrown out

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 2,140

Queues are definately longer. Before it'd take like 3 mins from pressing look for game, now it can tak up to 5 minutes, and in the off case I can never find a 4th survivor, ending up with a bugged lobby.

• ZVomZVom Member Posts: 72

"The overall queue time should not have changed"

Nice one. It is not the same.

Before when i was playing in low online hours it would take MAX. 10 min. Now it takes at least 20 min.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

How come the lobby times constantly fluctuate with every update? it goes from 30 seconds too 30 minutes with every "fix" never working in the end. When are we going too get consistency that is beyond the dedicated servers, since the last time dedicated servers were tested que times were still long, and then you would get lag smacked across pallets and vaults even worse then it was before the hitbox update in 3.0.0

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Just here to let you know that your current matchmaking significantly increases lobby times.

• rubyleighrubyleigh Member Posts: 2

More like 25minutes for me, ive been sitting on 3 survivors and i only get a new survivor when 1 leaves the lobby. Like ######### this is bullshit. It should not take 25minutes for a lobby, as well only getting a new survivor when 1 of mine leave :( very frustrating

• prof_teabaggerprof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

@Peanits let me inform you and the team that it doesn't work. Once the lobby opens, it happens often that only 1-2 survivors join and I have to wait very long till other joins. In the meantime it happens often that those 2 first joined leave, cuz well it takes to long.

I'm living in EU tho, should be enough players.

Any time tested btw, morning time, midday time, evening time and night time. All same results, 10+ minutes lobby Qs. Not really fun to wait longer than actually playing.

• SasukeKunSasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

@Peanits ever since ghost face came out, i have to wait longest 10-15 minutes for a killer lobby. Now i'd say yes it's about 5 minutes or more each time

• BembridgeScholarsBembridgeScholars Member Posts: 64

But why is this happening though when I first played this game years ago everything was so much faster. What did they change that makes it to where your waiting 5 to 10 to 30 ? Or is it because the game is peer to peer and not dedicated servers ?

• ditektiditekti Member Posts: 1

Fix it.

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 767

5 mins? LOL you are lucky . It takes 15 minutes for me to find a lobby. And I'm from EUW.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

Your situations sounds exactly like mine.