Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

I LOVE the new ghostface updates!

Feels much more better to play and the red stain removal is just delicious, but although I know everybody already commented about this, but Night shroud should be immune to Object of Obsession and any other stealth perks.

Comments

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,261

Raise his view point while crouching (should be able to see over grass). Refund 10 seconds on his power every time a survivor is marked but doesn't get hit before the timer runs out. Get rid of the ruffle/wind sound he makes within 8m. He's supposed to be a stealth killer, he doesn't need the extra sound. This also gives him a better chance at using it at loops for mind games.

How's that?

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,261

I agree that would be a nice change OP.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Agreed :)

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

The changes are going in the good way, but there is still something missing.

• SpectroSpectro Member Posts: 42

Seems like hes so braindead easy to play now. The stealth aspect is completely gone as you need an insane accuracy to snap him out of his power. No need to hide, just run up right behind a survivor and stalk and they can't detect you. It's like Hillbilly backrev but with absolutely 0 risk. I suspect they will either make it easier to detect or massively increase the time it takes to expose someone.

• Bach2099Bach2099 Member Posts: 3

The buffed Ghostface is now fun to play, I love the changes. I hope this build is really close to what we get on the live release.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

Sounds balanced i do agree i did play in some maps that i tried to stalk but the dam grass was in the way and i cant see but yeah good job with the idea

• cwtferncwtfern Member Posts: 136

@Ihatelife He's able to insta-down quickly and often, even without add ons. In the right hands, that is very powerful. You could argue that Leatherface has the same ability, and he's certainly not top tier, but the stealth aspect to Ghost Face's power is what makes it above average. He's essentially like a short burst Myers. He's able to generate momentum quickly, and end chases quickly.

But doesn't he will fit the myers tiers? He got insta-down like Myers but he has a more of counterplay than him. 45 seconds it's not that much time though either compared for the good survivors. Except insta-downing people, he can use night shroud to mindgame survivors at jungle gyms and t-walls without red stain.

He has the potential to be stronger than Myers because Myers takes a while to get the insta-down ability and is easily spotted. High rank survivors will usually notice they are being stalked by Myers pretty quickly, so the fact that Ghost Face can expose survivors in a much shorter amount of time allows him to get momentum quickly.

Also, unlike Myers, who's terror radius is determined by the level of Evil Within, Ghost Face has full control over his stealth. This gives him additional mind-game potential at loops as you can hide your terror radius and red stain.

Yes, but please remember that Myers can stalk whenever he want and also gets a bonus to to lunge and window speed. Ghostface's power is controlled by survivors so you will need to hide behind the objects to make your power more effective ingame.

Ghost Face's power is now much harder for survivors to control, as it should be. Survivors can control Myers' ability as well, though. If you're playing vanilla Myers, you need to get to tier 2 as quickly as possible just to become a standard M1 killer. Good survivors will break line of sight and vanish before that point, effectively controlling his momentum. Myers, Trapper, Freddy, and pretty much any killer that requires a "set up" period before they become a threat tend to suffer at higher ranks.

Myers also has a limited amount of Evil Within. It's possible to exhaust your stalk, at which point he simply becomes another M1 killer. Granted, this usually only happens with one survivor at a time.

Again, it's all about the momentum.

GF can expose survivors within a few seconds of finding them, versus having to stalk survivors through two tiers of Evil Within to get them exposed. Not to mention that unless you pop tier 3 directly on top of multiple survivors, the rest of them will just wait out the exposed timer before making their next move, robbing Myers of his strongest asset.

The trade-offs are pretty simple: Myers takes a while to get survs exposed, but they're exposed for longer. Ghost Face exposes them nearly instantly, but also has to down them quickly. In my personal opinion with 500+ hours in the game, whoever can down the survivors faster is the stronger killer.