The 3.5.0 Q&A thread is now up! If there's a question you'd like answered, now's your chance to ask: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120618/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

does any one else feel the same way that i do?

snowflake102snowflake102 Member Posts: 1,736

i been playing this game for a long time but now i just dont feel like playing anymore and i dont know way:( im guessing its with all of the toxic players ingame and on the forums that has me not playing as much:( which is sad but the truth is i been putting up with all of the toxic players that either call me for camping or just plan being rude like one said go beep your ......... and you know the rest;( i really dont care what toxic players say to me in the past but now its just too much and it gets me angry which causes me to get upset:( other then that i like this game. But i just dont feel like playing anymore and i took a long break too but i still dont feel like playing;(

p.s does any one else feel the same way?

Comments

• snowflake102snowflake102 Member Posts: 1,736

and this is not like me to not feel like playing a game;( CAUSE i never had this issue with a game before:(

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,906

I had to put this game and the forums away for about a year before I got the urge to even be involved anymore.

I get what you're saying. People often take things too far and conflate how someone plays with them being a bad person/toxic player, and that causes the real toxicity to show its ugly head.

The DbD community is pretty up there in terms of toxicity, almost at the levels of games like League. Still, there are good players and users. You just learn to ignore the crap after a while.

IKR:) LIKE I will come back soon but its going to be awhile before i come back.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,119
    edited June 2019

Don't let them win as they do it to get a reaction nothing else and stopping your enjoyment is what they desire.

It's just a bunch of sad individuals who can't play a game without trying to create drama, just think most of them are probably shy and wouldn't say boo to anyone in real life and if they do try to act like this they will soon realise they aren't as big as they think they are.

Close the end game chat for a while and enjoy playing how you want too it's a game nothing more.

• NoxiousOnnyyxxNoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

My friends and I are seeking entertaining games to play because this game is trash now. Hopefully when they fix it things will get better.....But that's too much wishful thinking and giving them too much credit.

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,133
    edited June 2019

Recently I've been not... enjoying... DBD. I play a game or two as a lower tier killer and next thing I know the game's over. Hell, Hag can't keep up. So I go back to Billy and stomp survivors, but I'm not exactly thrilled with another game filled with rurururu. I want to trap, I want to confuse, I want to provide bubbafication. I was thinking that the devs were finally fixing this game but with the Ghostface kerfuffle and a lot of the bs mechanics popping up in my recent games I want to leave. However, what I want to play isn't on console yet. (BHVR actually made this game, just got a reboot). So I continue to rurururu around the maps, waiting to see if Freddy will be Billy tier or hag tier. (I see hag as lower HIGH tier)

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,059

Deactivate after-game chat (or messages if you are on console). If discussing on the forums makes you feel bad, take a break.

You should not have to stop playing the game because of random people on the internet.

It never bothered me before. But now it somehow does:( Also I did take a long break:)

And I didn't say I'm not playing this game anymore:) I will be playing this game again soon:D

• Pike_TrickfootPike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Do some kyf with people you absolutely love playing with. This has honestly saved my sanity in the past few weeks.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,514

I love this game - but this community - ho boy.

It got so bad that after a particularly bad day I escaped to No Man's Sky, discovered the most corrosive and toxic planet I've ever seen (complete with teleporter) and decided to name it in honor of the community. (I really should reinstall and finish the base I was putting up)

I take frequent breaks from this game. Last one started in October and now I play every couple weeks.

I love the game to death - but I just can't stand the players. Not enough has been done to clean this [BAD WORD] up.

If we didn't have streamers like TheEntityLeftHand who keeps things chill and friendly to remind me there was good folks in this community, I would of left it a long time ago.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited June 2019

I get what you mean, The player base of this game is probably the worst I've ever played in.

Thankfully I have my profile on private and you have the option to close the chat but It's insane that especially when playing Killer you get insults and threats thrown your way all the time, It's very discouraging. I think a lot of the player base take the game way too seriously and a lot actually enjoy being toxic. I wish the Devs would crack down on toxicity a bit more.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 2,959

I have to take breaks from this game but I enjoy this much past the bad ideals of the game, this is a large connection for my friends and I.