Home Discussions General Discussions
All you need to know - 3.7.0 PTB Mid-Chapter
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141930/

Creepy Atmosphere

GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,059

I just ask that with the new maps coming in the future, that we have maps that are more dense and focused indoors, and if not indoors then we have an atmosphere similar to the beta where there was more fog. In my opinion, the game has lost some of its environmental atmosphere over the years. Here's a clip of beta gameplay, where the atmosphere seemed much more tense.

https://youtu.be/GfEbuGXt1_8

Comments

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 824

Aww, it's a baby Panda! Also, I agree that it seems less atmospheric than it used to. My favourites, aesthetically, are the Cold Wind maps and Rin's map.

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,059

Personally, I think the lighting on the Game map gets it right.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 711

Totally agree. It should also be darker. Not so dark that you can't see, but certainly a lot darker than it is now..it's just too bright and colorful , which doesn't exactly scream 'creepy atmosphere '.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,122

I feel like it would be cool to mix up some of their assets and make some new ones for their maps like they did with Plague's map, make a indoor and outdoor map, diversity and the works. It would have been cool to get the Factory Freddy died in rather than Badham, or get the store map for Ghostface.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 1,250

I want it to be darker but the colours to be more saturated, making it easier to differentiate between things.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Let's fix Blendette first before even thinking about making maps darker. I don't want a 2016 black shirt Claudette flashback.

(don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was much better back than and I want it aswell. However, the existence of Blendette destroys it for killers)

• xCarriexCarrie Member Posts: 617

From the devs Year 4 Dev Diary video this small clip was shown that made the game really dark and atmospheric. Personally I love this but the cosmetic team is going to have to do something with Claudette.