Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Why The Red Stun VFX?

2»

Comments

• CaretakerCaretaker Member Posts: 764

I used to get migraines really bad when I was younger, I know your pain. I really hope they read this thread and remove it or give us the ability to toggle. I don't want people to have to stop playing due to this.

What makes 0 sense is they're all stuns. DS/Head On clearly state stun. Wiggling off is a stun. Pallet slamming is referred to as a pallet stun. All of this is just really nonsensical.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 4,928
    edited June 2019

No, I agree with you. I don't get the sense in it. The stuns all seem very self-explanatory to me (except maybe when I get hit with Head On and the locker's not actually in my line of sight, that can be confusing for a moment). The VFX seem completely unnecessary. But if the reasoning behind it is "to help newer players," then I think the best answer is to expand the tutorial, not hurt all players by implementing an unnecessary hand-holding device that can actually trigger headaches, migraines, and eye problems.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,741

The vfx on palette stun actually breaks any immersion I have with the game as just like the flashlights it gives me sudden eye pain. I have to wear glasses at all times and have issues with bright white lights and flashing red lights. This stuff is just punishing on my eyes.

Maybe an option or just don't add it all.

It really does. I'm hoping this isn't a trend. First it was Legion FOV cut, then we got red lights around the corners. Next thing GF is gonna go blind anytime his shroud breaks with a bright red flash.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,465
    edited June 2019

This needs to go, its really bad for the eyes if you planned to play 5-8 hours a day

If you play casually this is fine but for people who play DBD a lot this will really damage our eyes in the long term

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,065

Wait, wait, wait. Stuns are bad? Goddamn, all this time I thought being smacked over the head with a plank of wood, grunting in pain and being frozen in place for 3 seconds was a good thing. Now, because the screen attacks me with redness, I know it's bad.

• cwtferncwtfern Member Posts: 136

Seems like everyone is pretty unanimous about the pallet stun VFX. I don't like them either. Totally unnecessary addition that hurts everybody's eyes and brains.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,465
    edited June 2019

Any words on this? please dont add this on live version

for people who play killers alot, EG 8 hours a day this will really damage our eyes

On the PTB after getting looped for a while you will start to get a headache