Thoughts on SWF who dc to let their friend get a hatch escape?

mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 161

Saw a few swf doing it online and on twitch. 😁 Also have a nice day and happy Daddy Mic- I mean Father's day.

Comments

• NightIsBeautifulNightIsBeautiful Member Posts: 4

This just happened to me! In most cases I think its a bad thing: survivors get an easy-ish way out if they already know where the trap door is when the killer has clearly won (or deserved to win if he's played correctly).

However I just went against a billy with Thrill of the Hunt, Devour Hope and Ruin. I was in SWF with another player, and two randoms joined us. They didn't do a single gen, ran around trying to get the totems (i guess I actually have no idea) but ran away every time they'd start hearing the heartbeat. Basically, this billy moried the two of them as we did 2 gens. We were dead I guess, but my friend just decided to get caught so I'd have a chance (I was going for an adept achievement). I wouldn't have been surprised or upset if the billy had slugged him to find me (he deserved both kills tbh). But considering the trap door hadn't spawed yet, I dunno if this qualifies. It was my only way to live since I unfortunately had a "bad" team.

But these things happen, so all in all I still don't think its a good thing as long as the killer played the game and didn't act toxic ;)

But then again, its in the game so its allowed ^^

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 855

I think it's still good, in some ways. I have sacrificed myself or seen others sacrifice themselves for others on hook. It can look negative if the game just started and three people instantly DCED though, then that is when it gets bad.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 398
    edited June 18

Being slugged for the 4k sucks, but the game has made it necessary at times. Pipping is more difficult without 4 kills. Some achievements require getting 4 kills.

I understand the desire to make sure at least one of your teammates escapes, and I understand not wanting to be on the ground for 4 minutes, but DCing is a way of giving your side an advantage by circumventing the game's mechanics. Just because it's benefiting someone else rather than yourself doesn't mean it's okay.

(I'm not talking about suiciding on the hook, which is a legitimate tactic. I'm specifically talking about disconnecting.)

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 774

It's pretty cheap, but that's to be expected from SWF.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 398

@Visionmaker I do think it's a problem the devs have created. It really sucks to be slugged. I like the option you mentioned, "leave your corpse bleeding on the floor." There have been times I absolutely would have used that option so I could move on to the next game.

I think that's actually a legit option the devs should add. And it's what should happen to the survivor's body if the player disconnects, anyway. It could put a slash or something over the survivor's icon to show that they left the match, that way other survivors know the player has forfeited, so don't risk your life saving him.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 3,298

That person loses all their points.

Unless im doing Adept and i have to get a 4k idc.

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 285

Not just SWF who do this. I had someone do this for me while playing solo and killer assumed we were SWF.

• Caz2018Caz2018 Member Posts: 83

DC? No, I won't do that but on occasions when rescue is difficult/impossible and I have a friend in match to can get out of the hatch, I will sacrifice myself on the hook. I've done it for friends and they've done it for me.

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 107

Thats what solos should do too if they see there is no chance to open gate.