Home Discussions General Discussions

Don't nerf either Ghostface or detection perks, please!

EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,527
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

@not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits Ghostface is magnificent, a finally tactical, insidious killer, capable of engaging in true fear, of forcing you to use caution and mistrust while stepping on the grass, of transmitting panic, horror, of striking you without warning, especially in the darkest maps. I faced him three times, in Autohaven, Coldwind and Backwater, I survived easily in the first, I escaped for the luck of the hatch in the last one and I died in the second, but all three games left me adrenaline, scare, all I want from a horror game. I have a request for you, with my heart in my hand: don't nerf him. He's powerful, but fair: with a cunning playstyle and maybe some good perk you can defend yourself from him, and I wouldn't want the players, disappointed by the nerf, to resume the usual, monotonous sequence of Billy and Nurse, which in the long run becomes boring.

At the same time, I beg you not to touch Spine Chill and Premonition: they are two non-META perks, used by survivors of medium-low rank or lovers of immersive gaming, and designed to offer stealth counterplay: sneaky killers have neither terror radius nor red stain, but these perks offer you an opportunity, never security, to prevent their ambushes. If they stopped working against the sneaky killers, they would become rancid garbage, more useless than using Insidious with the Huntress (whose lullaby is NOT silenced by that perk). Of course, there will be an increase in these perks in the first week of Ghostface, but when the situation returns to normal, their use will again be rare, and still very situational: the stealthy killers are just 4 out of 16 (Pig, Myers, Wraith and Ghostface; while Freddy is going to lose his invisibility very soon, i.e. next month).

Comments

• rch614rch614 Member Posts: 486

@Entità Out of curiosity what's your stance on Object of Obsession, then?

But I agree with you

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,302
    edited June 2019

Most of detection perks wont get nerf but they will be a change and i think the right change its that wont work against stealth killers

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

They talked about nerfing spine chill and premonition? I mean, I haven't used these perks since 2016, but why?

• EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,527
    edited June 2019

@rch614 Object of Obsession is a perk that I used once, regretting it soon after, due to the chainsaws that Billy planted in my back. XD It seems to me a very rare perk, potentially problematic for slow killers, who can't fall on the survivor to punish their bravado, but at the same time a suicide if they happen to face Nurse, Billy or Spirit, especially high-ranking. I recognize that the stealth and slow killers, that is, all but Wraith, can suffer great damage from this perk, without an effective counterplay against those who use it, and I would have no objection if the developers retouched it in some way. There is also to say that the survivors in a full team always know where the killer is, so OoO can be a valid, high-risk help for those who play alone. If OoO is modified, probably Sole Survivor should also undergo reworking.

Spine Chill and Premonition, on the other hand, give you orientation tips, but without a sharp eye and stealthy skill on the part of the survivor, they do not save you, by themselves, from ambushes. They must not be touched: they are well balanced, situational and in any case rare at high ranks.

@Tru3Lemon Spine Chill and Premonition that don't work against sneak killers would be like Enduring that doesn't work against pallets: a total nonsense. About Object of Obsession, read above.

@HavelmomDaS1 Many people opened threads complaining about detection perks during the 3.0.0 PTB: I want to show and explain a different point of view about this topic, that is detection perks without permanent Aura reading (all of them, except OoO) are fine.