The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Update error which you need to download twice

ThelzxxThelzxx Member Posts: 35

This happens every single time whenever a new chapter is released (major update).

This is the update info:

After update finished and proceeds in-game:

Ok fine. Then after verify integrity:

This is very frustrating and I already sent a ticket over 2months ago, it is obvious that this situation didn't go any better. This has been a known issue to myself since the release of Plague, EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN A NEW CHAPTER RELEASED, I HAVE TO FACE THIS CRAP ISSUE which I am forced to update as I suppose, then go in-game wait for error message to prompt (even worse this error message could prompt when I am actually in a match, press the "Ok" will instantaneously kill the program), then verify integrity to re-download the sh*t. Seriously? Update supposedly 1.5 GB, after verify integrity it becomes 1.8 GB but the other hand I was prompted by Steam client only 5 files failed to validate. I don't have unlimited internet quota to spare or time to waste for this, I SWEAR TO GOD OMFG. FIX THIS.

More than 2 months and nothing regarding this issue even fixed?

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 860

I usually get the same problem on one of my machines, but not the other.

Are you running any kind of anti-virus program? What's the rest of your PC specs? (Especialy O/S). I'm trying to see if I can find anything common connecting the issues.

• ThelzxxThelzxx Member Posts: 35

Here's a short summary of my laptop specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U CPU @ 1.6GHz (8CPU), ~1.8GHz boost up to 3.4GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR4

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2GB VRAM

DX: DirectX 12

No third party antivirus is installed. Solely dependent on Windows Security. In terms of Windows Firewall, no inbound rules restriction goes against DBD as well.