Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Should insta heals be changed? Maybe Moris also?

I find a lot of toxic gameplay comes from both of them. And sometimes things can get unfun for both sides. Not really complaining, just friendly discussion haha. @Peanits

Comments

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

They are way to common and it was alot worse when it was the mom meta

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 767

In my opinion they should be deleted. They are so fkin OP and keep the game unbalanced.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited June 2019

Yes <3

• AStupidMonkeyyAStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

@fluffymareep I do like that change and mori's could be on second hook.

• Paladin_GooPaladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

They are both fine where they are. Stop whining about things cause you experienced it happening and couldn't counter it. The Mori is fine, as is the insta heal. 90% of instaheals are wasted anyway.

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 735

Do you play in the high ranks? Of course there are chances but really good players can 100% ruin the fun for you on both sides with those...I play both survivor and killer and believe me there are times where I just say...whats the point? As someone who really loves and puts a lot of time into this game, I just wanna see it perfect.

Rank 4 killer at the moment, and I've been at rank 1 survivor and killer more times than I can count. I've likely been to high ranks more than you have. Instaheals and mori's are fine where they are.

Judging people without knowing them lmao. Anyway how can you say that they are fine being a high rank. It has no sense. Do you even have ever found a good swf with instaheals? Or a billy/nurse with mori that ended the game at the first 4 mins or tunneled you with it just to mori you? How is that fun? How is that "fine"?

I'll say it again - they are fine. As a survivor I see a mori maybe...one out of every 6-8 games? Sometimes I go days without seeing one. Get better, don't get caught. I don't really care if I get tunneled for a mori. It's a game, and it's not that common.

As killer, the vast majority of survivors who use them waste them by using them a second before they get hit, and only extending a chase by a few more seconds.

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

Instaheals could be reworked into passive heals that happen over time. Keep them from being broken while still retaining value. Moris are just too much though. Being able to just remove 1/4 of the competition early is a really powerful effect for how little you have to do.

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 634

@AStupidMonkeyy I'm not sure about grouping insta-heals with moris. To me, moris seemed more similar to keys. Both makes the game end quicker than usual in some cases. I'm not sure how people would take moris being relegated to second stage, too, though I'm certainly up for ideas. c: Iri moris stink.

This.

Moving the mori to second stage removes it's entire purpose. At that point you may as well hook them. It would give more points and would likely take less time than most mori animations.

Stop trying to take the fun out of the game. There is nothing wrong with ultra-rare things being overpowered, cause they aren't that common.

This guy gets it. I agree, the goal posts keep moving. Look at DS and SELF CARE. They were nerfed...and then people turn their attention to Adrenaline. Like, come on lol. You keep asking, you keep getting what you want. How long until you want killers to have no weapons/powers, or until you want survivors to have no legs and be immobile?

edited June 2019

Idk if you read the topic well but we are discussing if deleting instaheals AND MORIS could be good for the game dude. There is no one killer-sided here.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

@Groxiverde I read the topic. I fully disagree with removing insta-heals. Survivors keep losing tools left and right. We have to stop at some point and just get better as killers.

Moris, I don't care. Don't remember when the last time I ran a mori was. I prefer DH when I need to mori. More fun that way. Or Rancor. It's always a fun surprise.

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 634

There's nothing wrong in talking about changing how moris work, though. The iri ones are no fun to go against and makes the game far too short for everyone involved. There shouldn't be items/offerings that make the game shorter and give you less points imo.

edited June 2019

No - mori's used to be a LOT worse. The mori was originally usable before hooking anyone at all.

They are not too strong, these days. They are uncommon and fine where they are. Same with instaheals. At red ranks, as killer, I see an insta heal maybe 1 out of 10 games. That's being generous. Even then, they're always used at the wrong time and completely go to waste.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 6,719

"No - mori's used to be a LOT worse. The mori was originally usable before hooking anyone at all."

What's your point?

"They are not too strong, these days. They are uncommon and fine where they are. Same with instaheals. At red ranks, as killer, I see an insta heal maybe 1 out of 10 games. That's being generous. Even then, they're always used at the wrong time and completely go to waste."

Again, what's your point? If they are rarely used then it wont matter that they're gone, right?

Moris are usually used to end a match as quick as possible, when every killer and their dog complains that matches are too short but they have the one offering that makes games last 3 minutes. I agree they're barely used, but they're still dumb as all hell, keep moris to things that you earn, not something you offer up because you're having a bad day.

and as for heals, I don't know what you mean by the "wrong time" but I've had a fair few survivors do drive by full heals before I can pick someone up and utterly destroy the momentum of a match.

Barely used, wont be missed. 👍️

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

Moris, maybe. No to instas. I've had some clutch plays with instas.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 6,719

Of course you have, because they're effortless and undo a decent amount of work a killer had to do.

edited June 2019

Why should mori get nerfed and not instas? Provide logic with your answer. Spoiler: you can't.

Asking "what's your point" after everything I say that clearly has a discernible point only serves to make you look unfit for this debate. Just stop. This is just more moving the goal post, like the other guy said. It's completely unnecessary. Ultra rare things are supposed to be OP to an extent. Next you'll want Billy/Bubba's carb tuning guide nerfed, or nurses blink addons, or spirits prayer beads. They are fine where they are at. Not opinion. Fact. If you're getting effected that bad by them, you are a terrible player. Period.

• GrazoxGrazox Member Posts: 45

Yes to both.

Insta-heals lead to lots of BM since you can take no risk taunting the Killer while injured. Should be more similar to BNP, faster than any existing heal but still enough time for a Killer to punish using it at the wrong time. (I recommend 5 seconds)

Moris similarly derail games by taking a player out of the game way too early. They all should be limited to (a) the last Survivor in the match and (b) Survivors who have reached stage II Entity progression. To increase their worth, give Killers 25% more BP for each Survivor killed by the Killer's hand.

Basically, you can always use your mori if there's only one Survivors left in the game, even if you never hooked them, they give you BP, but they don't significantly save the Killer time killing Survivors.