Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Ghost face changes, and an additional buff to perhaps make him a top tier stalker?

Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,921

Gotta say. so far im loving the ghost face changes, he feels like someone who can actually compete with my boy myers a bit now and im incredibly grateful for the communication the devs have had with the community on how ghostface was before, and for listening to us on all of our views on ghostface. Right now you've improved him to the point i'd be happy to play him in the live game :)

But i feel he could be even better. Ghost face, at the moment is good at stalking, and if he gets you marked, he essentially is a tier 3 myers with mindgames. thats all well and good for the most part. but at the end of the day he still is a 115% movement speed loopable killer.

My proposition, is to (akin to a myers achieving tier 3) give him a small bonus to his attributes, upon when he marks someone (possibly even stackable upon marking more people.

Ie when Myers reaches tier 3, he vaults slightly faster. what if akin to that, ghost face got a similar buff to action speed or pallet stun recovery. ie the more people he marks the faster and stronger he becomes, gaining either a fire up style effect or a enduring style effect to make ensuring those downs even better.

Upon striking a marked individual, or the "mark" running out he'd lose this bonus of course, but it would be nice to gain a slight buff upon marking an individual :)

otherwise i think you've done very good work. and thank you again for listening to us, and our uh complaints.

(I know this is about ghostface and should probably be put in the sub forum for 3.0.0 feedback, but i wanted to post it here, since its talking and attempting to open up discussion for a potential buff mechanic for ghostface and not so much about the actual ptb)

Comments

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074
    edited June 2019

"but at the end of the day he still is a 115% movement speed loopable killer."

This is the key take away here. Whether they go down in 1 shot or 2 it still isn't gonna make you high rank viable if you don't counter pallets or have high mobility. Until they finally fix all the issues with map design that's just the hand we're dealt.

Your idea is interesting but it kinda just makes him more like Myers when he already is almost Myers, so I'd rather something different. I don't know how we'd give him either of the things that make viable killers viable because of his design.

Best we could do is make him really good at what he does to have a chance at compensating.

Raise his view point while crouching (should be able to see over grass). Refund 10 seconds on his power every time a survivor is marked but doesn't get hit before the timer runs out. Get rid of the ruffle/wind sound he makes within 8m. He's supposed to be a stealth killler, he doesn't need the extra sound. This also gives him a better chance at using it at loops for mind games.

Just my opinion.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,921

Hmm true i see your points on the sound, and i do like the idea of time being refunded if unable to hit a marked target. but there are only really three things that make a killer powerful. Map pressure, chase ability, and gen delaying. Ghost face has little map pressure (in that he can deny areas so long as survivors don't know of his presence) , and no gen delaying so im thinking that he should be purely buffed to be even better at chasing. He's good at getting one shots, but needs the ability to follow up, like some of the best killers in the game (nurse/billy/spirit all have easy ways of catching survivors) Which is why something like a stackable bonus to pallet breaking speed, or even just a speed boost/instant blood lust could be a good solid buff to him mechanically to make things easier on him. i don't want him to be even more like myers so much as the fact that a buff like that would be beneficial to him, as his chase potential/mindgame potential is already quite high.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,583

Tie his TR-reduction to crouching, not to the very feeble nightshroud-buff.

This would boost his "stealth" by a large margin.

Yes but It would decrease his mindgame potential now. One of the reasons ghost face is so much stronger now is due to night shroud taking away redstain and terror radius while in a chase allowing him to mindgame incredibly easily. Putting that on crouch instead would be a nerf even if it's more permanent.

Though if you meant having both I can see that being a solid buff, maybe having crouch decrease his terror radius by 8 so even if he's knocked out of stealth he can still creep easier

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

I like youre idea makes him good if someone its expose he should get some sort of speed boost but also he need another buffs that he needs

The only buffs that he needs its

1. OoO shouldnt detect stealth killers like wraith cloaked, pig crouched, gf in night shroud

2.hes cooldown on hes power takes along time that needs to reduce a bit in my opinion

I mean honestly I think a compromise of OoO not detecting killers within stealth if their within 32 metres would be fair. Within Terror radius distance they disapear. Honestly imo the power cooldown is fair I just want some kind of pallet break/vault speed buff

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

My proposition, is to (akin to a myers achieving tier 3) give him a small bonus to his attributes

No, like you said he has built in mindgames. No red stain after his cooldown alongside an instadown is MORE than enough.

Give him little buffs, and he'll be a disease.

.... No. Even killers with mindgames have some way of applying pressure to survivors. See spirit as an example, her power allows her to both catch survivors off guard and catch up to them. Even killer without that kind of speed that just have instadowns (Myers) have some kind of bonus that makes the chase easier (his vault speed increase.) Having no red stain just make unsafe loops even unsafer, but does nothing for safe loops. They even increased the timer on his power due to the realization that even after he marks you, if the survivor is smart enough to place themselves close to a loop they'll loop you there and make sure to run out your timer so they aren't instadowned. This tweak is simply to help him ensure downs as many other killers have the tools or mechanics to help them ensure downs other then just "instant down" and the only killer that doesn't have any other buff other then insta downs is the worst killer in the game (leatherface)

That's not to say mindgames do nothing for him and that his stealth isin't incredibly powerful, because in a way it is. But it's also map dependant, and doesn't actively help him in the chase like other top tier charecters can.

My only real proposition is to give him a 5% pallet breaking bonus upon marking a target, stackable up to 20% upon all targets marked. The most the average player will be able to get is likely the 5-10% boost due to the marks wearing off and it's unlikely for the killer to be Able to stalk 4 people at once.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Maelstrom10 ok that could work. Also while quoting you, I noticed you have like 20 alt accounts, what is that about? @Maelstrom1313

My only account is Maelstrom10 I don't know who the other ones are haha

• Maelstrom1313Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230

This is my only account, any other ones with similar names is just by random chance