Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

A true 2nd Chance Killer Perk Suggestion

2»

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Like seriously.

Hex ruin is very likely to waste over 120 seconds

PGTW wastes 20 seconds per hook

Dying light wastes 100 seconds (and is considered terrible)

This perk only wastes 80 seconds

This would literally be the worst time wasting perk in the game besides Thanataphobia.

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,267

I like the idea, but it needs tweaking.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,598

Mmmh while the idea is cool I think it would be too easy to use it to create a 3 gen stall even if survivors were wise enough to not let it happen, and on some killers it's a really strong strategy.

I don't think I ever got less then a 4k with the Trapper when successfully pulling it, just for example. With that perk my Trapper would be borderline OP.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

@Warlock_2020 This is something of an issue for another thread, but they need to do something about the way survivors earn bloodpoints. Killers have it easy in this regard. They have one thing to do. Kill survivors. All 4 categories for killers are directly related to that goal. Survivors on the other hand have very distinctly different actions they need to perform to earn bloodpoints.

For instance, one survivor might be stuck on gen jockey duty for a game. Through no fault of their own either. The other 3 survivors are constantly being downed and hooked. If someone wasn't working gens then no one would escape. But that player will very quickly cap out at 8000 on the objective points. Even if that survivor escaped, the survivor would barely earn more than 13,000 bloodpoints even though they performed a critical function for the team.

Likewise, if a survivor just happens to be the first one found by the killer and the killer chases that survivor for half the match, then camps and tunnels the survivor, then that survivor doesn't exactly have much opportunity to work on gens or do altruistic actions. By keeping the killer preoccupied though, the other survivors were able to do gens and escape, but the survivor that kept the killer busy the whole game would barely earn over 8,000 bloodpoints if they died and 13,000 if they lived.

What they really should do is make it so when a survivor hits the bloodpoint cap in one category that any future bloodpoints that would be earned in that category are added into a "general pool" that can be applied to any categories after the match that didn't hit the cap. This wouldn't take the survivor over the 32,000 bloodpoint hard cap though.

So for example, if I was on gen jockey duty one game and earned 19,000 bloodpoints worth in the objective category then 8,000 of those points would go into objective bloodpoints and 5,500 would go into the general bloodpoint pool.

edited June 2019

@IcallBS First of all, welcome to the forums. Second, for the love of all that is holy please use paragraphs. This post hurts my eyes and brain.

You clearly don't have a very firm understanding of the game. Being able to reset any finished generator back to 0 is a very powerful effect. Sure, it takes one survivor 80 seconds to complete a generator if undisturbed and even less with toolboxes or help. But if the killer can pick a generator that is near 2 other unfinished generators to reset then the killer can apply much more pressure on the survivors to keep them off the generators. In effect, this can buy far more time than just 80 seconds.

• miaasmamiaasma Member Posts: 911

which explains why so many people here are in love with it

• UncannyLuckUncannyLuck Member Posts: 210
    edited June 2019

Curious - where'd you get the numbers for Hex Ruin? And Dying Light? Does Dying Light assume you kill the survivor ASAP?

• MrMisanthropy66MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167

I love it! 😘

• CodeLeoCodeLeo Member Posts: 12

I think the idea is great but the effect is too easily abusable. I think a cool alternative(and even this is super iffy to me) would be something along the lines of, "after hooking a survivor for the nth time, one random completed generator deactivates, regresses 20/40/60% and begins regressing normally from there." Survivors and killers are notified of the effect but the Generator's aura is not shown to the killer or survivors. Generators furthest from uncompleted generators are prioritized. This perk deactivates when used or if the exit gates become powered."

• IcallBSIcallBS Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2020

Thx for the welcome and I really don't care to paragraph or edit anything. So keep your opinion on my typing to urself cuz idc. Its words...read them. Not difficult. Maybe I will when the killers stop crying for 4ks and the devs stop kissing their butts and the game was balanced but its not. Killers have to get a 4k, everything is in there favor...hatch, gates, hitboxes, and if they don't do good they camp and tunnel and try to justify it...or they lag switch or hack for a win with these so called dedicated servers. This game has been destroyed by the community and the devs. I have gotten alot of people into this game and not 1 will play it anymore... They all say the same thing after 2 or 3 matches of that b.s. they are done. It's sad

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,312

I agree on the point that chosing the gen would be way too strong.

On the side note: Yes, doing gens is not exciting. But neither is running around in circles, till a survivor uses a second chance perk, and you run in circles some more. If thats the argument, some Survivor second chance perks should be changed.

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,480