Home Discussions General Discussions

I guess creating a lobby as a killer take 5mins now?

2»

Comments

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

I've been having 20 minute lobby searches and then sitting in said empty lobby for another 10+ minutes to find a game. I use this term sparingly but the game really is becoming unplayable for me because of these awful queues.

• OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

There aren't as many survivors playing that's the problem

• Chicagopimp2019Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 372

Yep. My killer games usually invovle waiting 8-10 minutes to search for a match, only to get into a lobby with less than four people and have to wait some more. When you add in the fact that some people just refuse to ready up, it makes for a long wait to play one match as killer. Its amazing how many survivor matches i can find in the same time frame. The matchmaking is definitely worse now than it was.

• invira_zeroinvira_zero Member Posts: 230

As i get, and what peanits said, instead of getting flow of survivors, you get some assigned people.

In my case, its only make things better, cause instead of waiting 30+ mins for full lobby, Atm, i wait only about 7 mins to get normall lobby. As for me, ill repeat

@Peanits also mentioned in another thread that not as many survivors are playing and there are alot trying to play killer right now , they need to just go ahead and make the game free to play and then have people buy the chapters, it's about to be free on mobile anyway so now would be the perfect time to do it

• SmokePotionSmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited June 2019

@Peanits I have a significantly larger Killer que time. Significantly longer then I have gotten with any other matchmaking test you have done since I started playing. Sometimes waiting longer then 5 minutes before I'm put into a lobby. I used to feel alright with dodging bad ping games, which helped keep games fun. but I findmyself being forced to play with people I normally wouldn't because I don't want to wait another 5 mins to start a lobby again.

Thank you for paying attention

• ZerLukasZerLukas Member Posts: 290

For me it usually was like this: lobby created - 0,5-3 minutes to fill

Now it usually is like this: 4-5 minutes to create a lobby and 0,5-2 minutes to fill

It's not unplayable but it does take longer

One thing though is that there was a bug before that there were 3 people in a lobby and it took a lot of time to get a fourth one. At least that seems to be gone.

• DenimChickenDenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Just waited 11 minutes from search till the match started 😫😩

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

necessarily, SWF does not need to be removed, it just needs a huge change to it, and to my understanding, getting rid of SWF would not affect cue times at all as you would still have the same amount of people playing as survivor, but just as solo now, of course if people quit cause of that, then that's on them. If anything, having everyone play solo would loosen up the clutter of matchmaking because of the mess that SWF can do (ranks and all that)

If you think people would continue to play this game after the removal of swf you're very wrong and the lobby times would turn into hours not minutes because it would be just like before and whoever was still left playing the game would just dodge until they were matched with their friends like before swf was introduced, this game grew as much as it did because of swf also, without that option this game wouldn't have made it to consoles and it would've died out on PC eventually

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 757

I think it's great. Killers are less apt to dodge if they can't immediately find a new lobby each time. I still see some dodgers, but not nearly at the same rate.

Also, I play killer as well and though wait times are longer, they're not usually that long. Maybe during the mornings they can be 5 minutes, but during peak dbd time it's not usually that long.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,251
    edited June 2019

Actually no @Peanits every new game I host, it takes at least 3minutes+ to host it.

And if I'm LUCKY, it will fill the lobby instantly. Instead though... It takes another minute or two, to fill the lobby once it is hosted. This was implemented in the PTB, and it was horrible... At least with the old system it felt shorter if the times are the same...

Edit: For some odd reason, its faster during the AM times EST during the morning, than dies off in the later times until the AM times again.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

My lobbies are instant as killer.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,255

I think you should consider reverting some of your perk changes to survivors to make it more fun for survivors.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,629

About 5-7 minutes at rank 4. This is absurd.

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

No it's worse because if the match turns toxic instead of a quick lobby dodge you'll get a dc, not good at all

• NosplashNosplash Member Posts: 77

Sry for replying on an old comment of yours. My queue times are 8-10mins for killer lobbies. Finding survivor lobbies are almost instant

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,834

@peanits They need to change this back. I would much rather sit in an empty lobby for 5 minutes then sit around 5 minutes just to create a lobby.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,805
    edited June 2019

@Peanits there is definitely something wrong. I decided to check out different streamers tonight to see how Killer queues were going on PC. It took some searching, but I found Killers at Rank 19, 16, 14, 12, and 7. Know what happened? I didn't get to see a single match, except the one that was in progress when I tuned in, because afterward I got bored watching them sitting in Lobby "Searching for Match." I gave them an average of 5-8 minutes and then moved on.

It's ridiculous. I was thinking of coming back and buying Ghostface, but after seeing enough of the Killer lobby streams tonight, I'm going to have to pass until you guys, maybe and eventually, sort your mess out.

• DenimChickenDenimChicken Member Posts: 114

6 matches = a hour of time wasted on killer.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,255

They don't know what to do. They got to figure out how to get survivors to play again without pissing off killers.

• GhostingmyteammatesGhostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

I have to wait 15 minutes to get a lobby as a killer, every time.

And that makes me want to play dbd less and less.

• Vaako1337Vaako1337 Member Posts: 1

I've noticed a problem with just trying to load a 4th in. I'll sit on 3 survivors for half hour and a 4th will never enter.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Vaako1337 Its an old lobby bug that has been part of this game since forever. If there' three survivors in the lobby, the fourth one rarely joins. So if no fourth survivor joins within 2-3 after the other three, remake the lobby.. or wait patiently for one of the three to leave the lobby.