We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Revert Matchmaking

GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,059
edited June 28 in General Discussions

Please as the title suggests to save us all a headache and just revert the matchmaking please.

I prefer to play killer but right now it takes such a long time to even get a match as one. Just revert the matchmaking, I'm sure you all have enough data to analyze over these past 2 weeks to get ready for dedicated servers.

I've almost been forced to play Survivor when I don't want to just because as killer I have to wait an absurd amount of time. It's ridiculous. I don't mean to sound so mean but seriously just revert this matchmaking multiple people have spoken out and said the queue times are longer, it makes no sense to wait for 15 minutes when the actual match is over in less than 5....

Comments

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,059

Not that I don't believe you, but is it possible the devs can pull up statistics of this past 2 weeks so we can have a visual?

And please, I don't mean to sound a bad way but is it possible we can remain on releasing chapters as 1 Survivor, and 1 killer to keep stuff like this from happening again, this was terrible to experience.... Especially right after the event.

I know the intent was to keep people engaged, but as we can both see, unfortunately it was counterintuitive lol

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,059

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking time out to listen to my concerns and hopefully they take this as constructive criticism nothing negative when you choose to tell them

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Mod Posts: 3,548

You are welcome and don't worry, constructive criticism is always welcomed.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@ABannedCat

Apparently it worked the same way as it does now, it looks for survivors and once it finds them it creates a lobby and waits for them to join, with too many killers and too few survivors now it takes forever to find survivors to create a lobby

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 275

Nothing to do with matchmaking, the numbers of people playing dont add up.

Too many wants to play easy bp-farm games as killer.

While less and less wants to play survivor with their nerfed perks and lower bp-farm.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453

@jeyers the amount of bloodpoints you earn per hour is roughly the same.

Now with the event, killers even get less points per hour, because of the long queues.

@altruistic are you 9 hours afk as survivor?

@brokedownpalace why am i the only one who has to proof his statement?

Everyone else pulls ridiculous numbers out of thin air, and no one questions it.

MCote himself was asked which side gets more points, the answer was, that both sides get roughly the same amount.

But don´t make me search that stream, because i guarantee you, that people will say the stream is dated.

Fact is, that survivors can make points in 4 categories. Same goes for killers. While the survival category is hard to max, the overall amount of points is almost the same. Of course, this requires the survivors to interact with the killer. Chases, unhooks, heals, totems and not only gens.

If survivors spend the whole match crouching behind a tree, instead of unhooking or doing gens, than they won´t leave that match with many points.

@brokedownpalace Here´s a screenshot of my last match

• AsheruSwiftwindAsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 102

I average around 10 mins a wait as a killer right now for a game. And as I stream it everyone can see how long it takes.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 3,572

Is it possible for survivors to make similar or more amounts of BP than the killer? Yes. But it is not common and my and many others' experiences. So for you to claim that the two roles make the same amount per hour I'd honestly need to see like statistics from the devs to believe that. Nothing against you personally, it's just very much in contrast to what I normally see.

@brokedownpalace if the survivor plays bad, he dies, earns little points and moves on to the next match. If the killer is bad, he can´t leave early. He has to stay until all 4 are dead or left.

Individually speaking, there are bad matches and good matches. But the blood point gain per HOUR is roughly the same.

The 4 survivors can agree to use offerings to increase the points. The killer has no vote on that matter. He can burn his offering and has to hope, that survivors don´t dc early.

You can also use perks to increase your earned blood points. It´s all there, you just have to use it.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Then why is it I can't find any lobbies as survivor either??

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 3,572

Those are fair points. Especially about the killer having to stay in a match when a survivor who dies moves on, sometimes much more quickly.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 823
    edited June 28

rank reset is the biggest problem here. why is there even one if there is no reward? just remove it! only thing you do with that is to split the playerbase every month.

• Well_Placed_HexTotemWell_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 703

It’s terrible, but they know it’s terrible. We tell them every time they go back to this doodoo matchmaking but they still go back

I love queuing for ten minutes just to get into a lobby with one survivor and waiting more for others to join

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,306

I swear everyone keeps saying the devs are driving killers away from the game, seems there's more than ever.

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 275

It's actually the opposite.

Survivors finding other more fun games to play.

Don't tell the killers from the forum that, they swear blind that they're all leaving.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

If survivors have a long queue = KILLERS ARE LEAVING THIS GAME IN DROVES!

If killers have a long queue = MATCH MAKING IS BROKEN!

Pretty much sums up the narrative this forum pushes. Meanwhile only masochists play solo survivor and killer players campaign against whatever's left of SWF regularly on the forums. Sad.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,144

They need to add incentives for players to play the otherside when there is a shortage.

I think someone made that suggestion over 3 years ago.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,084

Survivor is being a gen jockey or a hook jockey, neither one is very interesting to play.

How many new players did we retain from the free weekends?

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

I would disagree, or at least for PS4. I had no problem getting matches through every other event they have done since Myers release. That's when I bought the game. Que times were 5 mins tops, and that was considered waiting long. Most matches started within 2-3 mins. Ever since the last update, something was a miss or got changed and the servers are screwed now. I have tried to play the last 3 days, got 1 match and took almost 30 mins to get there. All others were waiting to get a lobby for 15-25 mins, then I get in, and only 3 survivors. It won't let a fourth in. Someone leaves tho, and someone else new joins their place, but never get the fourth player. This IS a big issue right now. I would really like to play and enjoy the new content I spent my $ on to play.

the unfortunate truth is there is too many killers, weird that there is so many killers when the forum knows that devs only cater to survivors.