Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

The Problem with Endgame Collapse

2»

Comments

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 784

Yeah, that probably would be best. I still try to stay away from people who just want reactions but I felt the need to say something this time.

Agreed! Something should definitely be done to encourage more teamwork on the survivor side instead of people just fighting over the hatch. As far as no power up time, that seems a bit survivor sided. The only reason being is because (assuming you meant the gates weren't open and you just pull the switch and it immediately opens) if a survivor is healthy, they will open the gate right in front of the killer due to it being instant, and then can either take the hit if they didn't while opening the door, or use dead hard if they were hit opening the door. It would give the killer limited counter play. I think another idea could be where the time for opening the door is halved when one survivor is left during endgame collapse. This would still encourage some stealth because you would have to wait until the killer leaves that door before opening it, but when he does leave, you have more than enough time to get the door open. This would probably only be a temporary solution and would have to be looked into further.

I think the reason he says that is because the door spawns could screw over a survivor from escaping, but a totem spawn could screw over a killer from killing survivors. Both could have terrible spawn that could ultimately lead to one side failing their objective. The problem is, totems have been moved to better areas recently and only a couple could be readjusted so they aren't int he middle of nowhere. On top of this, it is pretty much impossible to give better totem spots then what we have (with the exception of the few out in the open) because in order to hide them, they will always have to spawn near some sort of structure whether it be the main building, a loop, a t-wall or something else. Survivors know this and they always check around the structures because of this. The best totem placements I find to be are in the corn on Rotten Fields because they aren't near any structures, so the area of that totem isn't super obvious. On top of that, there is a lot of corn so the spawn is random and the totem could be pretty much anywhere within the cornfield.

• The_TrapperThe_Trapper Member Posts: 186

Might as well remove the killer's ability to close the hatch, because if the doors always spawn too far apart then the killer can't win unless he's lucky enough to spot you AFTER closing the hatch.

Way I see it, you've got 3 ways of escaping.

• Run for the hatch
    • Bait the killer to search for the hatch while you camp a gate (Then it's 50/50 which one he chooses since you'll open the other before he arrives)
    • If all generators are already done, ignore the hatch and go for one of the doors

I think it's healthy to allow a killer to 4 man a team every now and again, just because you're last man standing doesn't mean your victory should be spoonfed to you as a "thanks for trying".

The game is all about teamwork and mind-gaming each other, the 3 methods i've provided are forms of mind-games.

Just my opinion, but the pleasure of these sorts of discussions is that you will always find someone who thinks you are wrong and your logic is riddled with flaws.

• Juetts7Juetts7 Member Posts: 11

Not saying your logic is riddled with flaws, and I must just want my victory spoonfed to me, but i would like to see (and I'm sure it's been said before) a chance for survivors to be able to reopen the hatch with a series of skill checks.

Also, throwing it out there that a "last man standing" BP bonus should be added

#greedy survivor

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@Crazewtboy If you refuse to bring "Wake up" or a key but still demand to easily escape as the last survivor, then there is no more to talk about ;-)

• LyricalLyrical Member Posts: 6

I think that since end game was introduced i have seen 2 people make it out through the gates. They seem to often spawn very close to one another, i've even seen the hatch spawn very close to one of the gates making it nearly impossible to even use a key. Mostly what i see is the last two survivors are slugged and that is game.

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 596

The Killers have it so easy anyway! They see the exit gate aura in perpetuity from anywhere on the map, they can see how much you've invested in exit gate progress and in many cases they can watch both doors concurrently and in every case they don't even have to get very close. What about only temporarily displaying the aura? Make the killer work a little bit. And adding some obstacles so the killer has to physically get close to the exit gate rather than look at it from 50 m. Or just get rid of the progress indication?

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,941

How about getting gut and walking out the dooes after fixing generators instead complaining that getting out on your third chance is too jard.

Unlike with survivors, when killers use the hatch, survivors get another chance.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@Crazewtboy Although, I agree doors should spawn a normalized distance apart that makes it fair for both killer and survivor. As far as having 'no chance' there are always these strange objects in the game.